Day / Night cycle suggestion - Denied

[GL] Wolf

What you want to see? - A day and night cycle

Why should we add it? - I think you should add the day and night cycle mainly for the aesthetic  purposes. Listed below are some of the advantages that I think it will add. I also believe it would be interesting to have a closing time for the bank and general store when it turns to night, making it very hard to rob.

What are the advantages of having this? - Some advantages of having the day and night cycle are: Bases easier to raid, disadvantage to police in pursuits, less crime (general store and bank)

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone in the server!

Links to any content --

• Dislike 4

I dont think this would be accepted due to the fact that we just got off a day/night cycle not very long ago. And by not long ago, I mean maybe a month and a half ago? Not sure. 

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

21 minutes ago, ~ vσxιs ~ said:

I dont think this would be accepted due to the fact that we just got off a day/night cycle not very long ago. And by not long ago, I mean maybe a month and a half ago? Not sure. 

I wanna say about 2 months ago, but anywho I believe it was removed for performance reasons, and some other reason I forget. It was a cool feature to have, so if SMT removed it, they probably had a very valid reason.

Signature.png

25 minutes ago, ~ vσxιs ~ said:

the day/night cycle was really cool and I'd love to see it back, but SMT most likely removed it for good reason

Edited by Alex Raddish

+SUPPORT IT WAS PRETTY

• Like 1

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

10 hours ago, ~ vσxιs ~ said:

Ex PoliceRP- Senior Admin & Senior Event Team Ex Support | Ex Fourm DiplomatEX SWAT Commander | EX UMC Mercenary Leader Ex OG General

6 hours ago, MayanMan said:

-support it was unplayable laggy with 50+ players and their headlights

weirdd wasnt laggy for me 

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

Have you ever thought about the impact it had on the server? Or do you just like it because it is pretty?

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

On 6/14/2020 at 3:06 PM, Duncan McOkiner said:

-Support

+ Was Cool
+ I love the night

- Everyone had their headlights on, causing extraordinary lag
- Was mostly useless, if we are honest
- Let me stress it again: LAG

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

On 6/14/2020 at 9:06 PM, Duncan McOkiner said:

-Support

+ Was Cool
+ I love the night

|Police Sergeant | Delta Squad Reserves | 

On 6/14/2020 at 9:06 PM, Duncan McOkiner said:

-Support

+ Was Cool
+ I love the night

263848494_GoeigoeieFoog.png.bfe56b6101fe0ded7df64479e45f4ae2.png

On 6/14/2020 at 12:06 PM, Duncan McOkiner said:

-Support

+ Was Cool
+ I love the night

I enjoyed it. But performance wise, it was causing SERIOUS lag because of headlights.

Edited by [GL] Game Theorist

spacer.png

+/- Support

While the day night cycle was nice, it was a bit annoying at times.

Depending on a person's PC cars with headlights on during the night caused lag for them, while this wasn't an issue for me I know others had it.

Secondly, there seemed to be a bit confusion between LEOs and Civilians regarding headlights being "on".  The first setting on headlights is what I would consider daytime running lights, second set, low beams, is what would be used at night, and third, high beams. Because of this I've noticed players tend to ha a bit of argument with the LEO and I've seen officers at night not driving with their headlights on in the past on the server.

Obviously, if this was FiveM I don't think the headlights would be much of an issue, however, it's not, and not everyone who's playing GMOD has a beefy computer.

While I'd like to see it back, and even see stuff close for the night, ultimately it's most likely going to cause lag on the server and lag for other players who's PC cant handle it.

"It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure" ~ Bill Gates

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

We removed it because of optimizations. So no. I would love to add it, but it cause's way to many issues sadly ;( 

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor