Define the Weapon Classes - Accepted

Duncan  McOkiner

What you want to see? - I would like to see all weapons sorted into specific classes. This sort should be put specifically into the MOTD, given that if it is put into the Police Officer Guide, departments may attempt to separate different weapons into different classes in their own SOPs, causing major disputes between players. Here are some specific questions that should be answered within the MOTD:

• Which class do (most) Semi-Automatic Pistols and (most) revolvers fall under?
  • Which class do Desert Eagles, R8 Revolvers, and the Fully-Automatic Glock 18 fall under?
  • Which class do Submachine Guns fall under? 
  • Which class do Iron-Sighted Assault Rifles fall under?
  • Which class do Shotguns, Snipers, Light/Heavy Machine Guns, and Scoped Assault Rifles fall under?
  • Does a silencer affect the class of a weapon? I.E. Is the Unsilenced USP a Class 1 while the USP-S is a Class 2, 3, or 4? 
  • If a Government Official hears gunfire of a knowingly illegal weapon within an owned base, are they allowed to fully raid and search for the weapon?
  • Is it true that while self-defense is entirely illegal, can an individual be arrested for the weapon used for self defense (assuming it was an illegal weapon)?

Why should we add it? - In the past 4 days, I have been in at least a half-dozen arguments regarding the different weapon classes. Many people disagree on how Silenced Weapons are classes as compared to their unsilenced counterparts. People also wonder about if weapons are allowed to be possessed if on one's own property.

What are the advantages of having this? - Decreases arguments, standardizes a major concept on the server that people disagree on.

Who is it mainly for? - Anyone that uses a weapon, or anyone that makes arrests based on weapon classes.

Links to any content - 402542016_absolutelybb.JPG.b7491b9fe449186cd4837bcfc0da70c6.JPG

3 hours ago, Jayden said:

+Support

Would be a huge help

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

+ Support

-Just makes everything a lot easier to define and not cause confusion

~Beelzebub | Gaminglight Member Since 2016
"If you want real happiness, you've got to find it for yourself! Not wait for someone to give it to you!"- Asuka Langley Soyru

+ support.

This was removed from the MOTD but

Weapon Classes

Class 1 - (legal) Any Pistol
Class 2 - (Legal with license) Any Automatic SMG or Pistol  Any Suppressed Weapon    R8/Deagle 
Class 3 - (illegal) Any Rifle Shotgun or Sniper
Class 4 - (illegal) Light Machine Guns  Grenades 

Cole Sladvak // ColeSoft Grey

| PoliceRP | Senior Moderator | SRT Supervisor Police Lieutenant |

Retired FBI Command of 3 Years - Deputy Director | Retired S.W.A.T Command | Thought up SS and created HRT Former UMC

8 Year GL Veteran | 7 Year PoliceRP LEO | | PoliceRP Staff of 4 years |

15 hours ago, ColeSoft Grey said:

+ support.

This was removed from the MOTD but

Weapon Classes

Class 1 - (legal) Any Pistol
Class 2 - (Legal with license) Any Automatic SMG or Pistol  Any Suppressed Weapon    R8/Deagle 
Class 3 - (illegal) Any Rifle Shotgun or Sniper
Class 4 - (illegal) Light Machine Guns  Grenades 

I remember that back in the day, what I post below is how we classified them. Given that there are no classifications in the MOTD, this is what I will use until they are officially put in:

Class 1 - Semi-Automatic Pistols or Most Revolvers

Class 2 - SMGs, Glock-18

Class 3 - Any Assault Rifle

Class 4 - Snipers, Shotguns, Machine Guns, Deagle, R8, Silenced Weapons

I obviously say that EMP's are Class 4 Weapons, given that they are an explosive. 

It's also notable that the MOTD is very specific in that Class 2, 3, and 4 weapons are always illegal. The President has the option of making Class 1 Weapons legal with a license or legal entirely, as well as completely illegal.

You can see how disagreements are made, and why the suggestion is required. Our classifications do not match, leading to very angry people getting arrested and calling staff - whom will sometimes disagree with me or sometimes disagree with the arrestee. 

Edited by Duncan McOkiner