Starstep's Trial Moderator Application- Accepted

Star

Should I become a Trial Moderator?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should I become a Trial Moderator?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

What is your in-game name?: Starstep

What is your steam name?: [GL] Starstep

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:158218293

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) I used to be a Senior Admin working alongside another player that's staff on this server. It was a DarkRP server with pretty similar rules and staffing guidelines.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) April 18th

What date did you make your forums account? April 19th

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)? Silver

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)? 0; I haven't got any verbal warnings either. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2122453876

Have you donated? Yes, I have donated $20.

What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator

Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)? No.

Have you read the staff guidelines? You will be tested on it: Yes, I have, on multiple different occasions.

Timezone: Central Daylight Time (CDT), UTC -5

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): N/A

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum) Word Count: 700

I have spent many hours on the weekends and recently, weekdays, on the server hanging out with whoever happens to be on. I am rarely away while on and when I am it is only for a moment.  I enjoy the server very much and hate to see it fall apart during late hours. The admins are constantly busy and could receive some help to relieve the stress of fifteen reports a minute. As for a non-biased aspect, I don’t mind having to warn or ban a friend. I also feel as if holding a grudge is pointless and a waste of time. If someone feels the need to insult me for past disagreement then it is their choice, and I will ignore shameful comments along with punishing said person if it gets to a certain degree. I can be incredibly polite and patient when it comes to sits and give every person their moment to explain. I also believe the confirmation of evidence is important. Checking logs and confirming locations before any punishment is received is a staff members job. Explaining what the punishment is and why they are receiving it is equally as important. If they don’t understand why you are warning/kicking/banning them then it could be a repeated mistake. Furthermore, I am willing to admit when I am wrong and accept the consequences. If I miss communicate rules or I have a misconception about a rule I will correct my understanding immediately. This server has become my only Gmod server as of recently, and I have enjoyed many hours RPing with friends. I feel as if I am ready to cut back on the roleplaying and assist in maintaining server rules and regulations. The server was a DarkRP meaning the rules are slightly different from a SCP:RP, but this gave me experience using the ULX system. I put in over 1000 hours on their server, and I have not been back since formally leaving the group. I have read Gaminglight’s rules on several occasions and I feel ready and willing to enforce them as well as explain them to anyone that has a misunderstanding. I make every attempt to stay active on the forums as well as on the server. I attempt to be polite on both the forums and server.  Adding to my previous experience, I have had plenty of time to play around as a Super Admin on ULX in sandbox. I have learned most available commands and have many bound. I used to be on staff alongside Soviet on a DarkRP server where I was a Senior Admin.  I understand that people are above me, and vice versa with the people below me. I'm completely understanding of that. I am willing to help anyone who needs help, staff or not, with a situation or a question. My goal is to maintain the server in a positive way, and get rid of mass rule-breakers, as well as handle miniscule rule-breakers. I can make good relations with my fellow staff members and fellow players, because I'm a player just like them.  My goal is to help the server by impacting it in multiple ways, from taking sits and answering questions to supporting community growth. I'm very good at retaining things, so I will be able to recite a true rule to a staff member or player who has forgotten it. I can deal with situations that are demanding, and I know how to keep my temper and thoughts stable. I won't go off on a player, I mostly just laugh things off. I'm responsible and know how to act professional around crowds that request me to be so. Finally, I know how to support. Now this may seem obvious, but supporting isn't just about handing a punishment out and telling them not to do it again. I'm the type of person that digs to understand the issue. If punishments are necessary, then punishments are given, but you also need to find the root of the problem. I'm always trying to solve things to the fullest extent, because I believe that finding the root on some problems can lead to the eradication of that type of problem.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?: What I normally do is I’d bring the person to a sit, and I’d start checking logs. Normally at this time, Mass RDMers usually shoot the staff member, or they shoot the other person in the sit. If this is done, I will freeze them, and I will get an Admin+ to ban them. If they do not shoot right now, and If they start cursing me out, I will advise them to stop, and if they continue, I will gag and tell them to stop. If they did in fact Mass RDM, I will warn them, and I will ask an Administrator+ to ban them for 5 days.

+support honestly one of the most active members on the server, I can see him making a real difference

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

+support i play with this guy all the time. He is one the most trust worth people I have ever meet over a game. He is unbiased trying to see both sides of the story. And also he worked his tail off on writing this app.

The old E11 CMDR Jay 

+Support, from what i've seen he's a decent guy.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

MAJOR + SUPPORT

STARSTEP! I BELIEVE YOU ARE STAFF MATERIAL

You are helpful and kind towards the people around you, as I've seen during my time serving as command in research. You put a lot of effort towards the thing you do, such as your test log and E-11. Which really shows that you, are really ready for the position of staff. He is able to handle stressful situations under pressured, help others when it is necessary and etc. Furthermore, Starstep is very fun to hang around with, he is very likable by all. I mean, what is there more to say, Starstep is a competent, kind, dedicated, motivated, active and helpful individual which would be a huge help to the staff team.

osu! achiever? I don't know

+Support

I have worked along side Starstep within another community in the past, and I known him for quite a while. I can surely say he would make a great staff member since he has great experience when it comes to staffing as well as he is extremely active/dedicated to what he does.

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

6 hours ago, [GL] Ahegao said:

+ Support

- Amazing Application 

- Overall Nice Guy

- Mature Enough for Staff

- Quite Active

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

6 hours ago, [GL] Ahegao said:

+ Support

- Amazing Application 

- Overall Nice Guy

- Mature Enough for Staff

- Quite Active

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

20 hours ago, F1ghter said:

+ Support

• 0 Warnings
  • Great Application
  • Great person to be around

Starstep would make a great addition to the staff team.

• Dislike 1

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

ACCEPTED!

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you for staff! Please speak to HoS+ for SCP-RP in TeamSpeak to get started!

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."