1st Annual GamingLight Chess Tournament

Crease

Hey everyone,

I am planning the 1st Annual GamingLight chess tournament. 

• Date/Time: TBD
  • Tournament Type: Single Elimination
  • Entry-fee: $1,000
  • Rules:
    • International Chess Federation tournament rules apply.
    • Any games can be claimed drawn after 50 moves if there are no pawn moves or no captures.
    • Any game can be claimed drawn if the exact same position is repeated thrice.
    • No outside assistance allowed.
    • Any draw will be settled with a follow-up game, if time allows. 
  • Prize Pool:
    • 1st place: $15,000,000
    • 2nd place: $5,000,000
    • 3rd/4th place: $2,500,000

Comment below if you want to be entered in the tournament! If you want to contribute to the prize pool, please let me know. 

-- Tournament Director Crease

Update 6/8:  Thanks Solomon ($1,000,000) and Alton ($10,000,000) for contributing to prize pool--the prize money has been updated. Thank you to everyone that commented below and expressed interest in the tournament. Also, expect a followup post this week with a concrete tournament date and google sign-up form.  The tournament will begin approximately 1 week after the sign-up form is released. More details, including a tournament bracket, will be released soon!

Edited by Crease

5 hours ago, Rein said:

I dont even know how to play chess

Same, although I played and almost beat someone at it, but I had to go to PD Meeting 😞

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

11 hours ago, [GL] Elapin said:

when will this be held?

I'm going to make another forums post (or edit this one) with a google sign up form, tournament rules, details and a tournament bracket. The tournament will most likely be held in 1-2 weeks and last 1-3 days, depending on how many people enter.