SMT+ perms to fix spawns removal - Accepted

Bionicle

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

What you want to see? -  A removal of the rule that states senior admin+ needs perms to fix spawns.

Why should we add it? - SMT aren't always on/available to fix spawns, no reason to keep the rule.

What are the advantages of having this? - spawns get fixed faster

Who is it mainly for? - everyone

Links to any content -  nah

1 hour ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

This rule only applies to Custom Classes.

I mean should still be lifted because if someone is trusted with the rank then they should be trusted with the perms that come with it

big +Support

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

Just now, Rookieblue said:

Is this rule written somewhere? I ask because I'm 99% sure it's not in the MOTD and I rarely deal with CC stuff.

I dont believe that it's actually something written down, but it is something that i believe all Admins+  are told when they are first explained how to set spawns.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+Support

Please allow this

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

5 hours ago, th3 said:

+Support

SMT aren't always on

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

11 hours ago, th3 said:

+Support

SMT aren't always on

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

13 hours ago, th3 said:

+Support

SMT aren't always on

Never got told this when I was admin, just kinda went around fixing spawns and never caused an issue so I don't see why this needs to be a thing anyway.Better to have someone try and potentially fuck up than have then sit on their hands and watch. 

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

19 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

In my opinion, if a spawn needs to be set, set the spawn. Just make sure you're setting it at the correct location.

+support

Edited by CreameyCheesey

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

The only perms you need would be for Custom Classes and I believe it should stay that way.

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

+support

Spawns constantly break and not all CC’s get fixed because there’s a lot of CC’s. I think that this would be beneficial because it would expedite the process and it would result in less staff calls (having to bring the player out of the staff room they spawned in). Admins simply need to know what class they’re setting and that would solve things. 

+Support

I think this would benefit the server population as a whole if you broadened the ability to help across more ranks of staff. I think that admins should be able to be trusted enough to handle these tickets. 

On 6/3/2020 at 11:22 PM, Rookieblue said:

Is this rule written somewhere? I ask because I'm 99% sure it's not in the MOTD and I rarely deal with CC stuff.

I was told that we shouldnt change the spawns unless it was like oviously broken. Like a mtf spawning in the admin room, d-block, etc. but if its a normal change like from medbay to mtf bunks then leave it up to smt. Unless its majorly broken. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

• 2 weeks later...