MOTD Update - Accepted

[GL] Inaccurate

What you want to see? - I would like to see the MOTD be updated to current Medbay Lockdown procedures.

Why should we add it? - Because the rule in the MOTD is slightly outdated, and may cause confusion

What are the advantages of having this? - Makes it less confusing.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - 
As of now, the rule is said as follows: "The Medbay should only go under lockdown if a doctor, medical personnel, or high command member authorizes it. Medbay may be locked down in the event of an outbreak, Class-D riots that threaten Medbay, or epidemics."

It should be something like this:

Medbay should only be in lockdown if a Senior Medic+, ACM, or Site Administration authorizes it. No other jobs may lock it down (Including D-Class/CI). It may be locked down for D-Class breaching into LCZ, CI in the facility, outbreak of a disease, or any other reason seen fit. If trapped inside, D-Class/CI may crack it open.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

3 minutes ago, Bionicle said:

+support, but CI should be able to lock it down if they roll, like for power.

If they do that then MTF won't be able to do anything about it, as Medical staff are Self Defense (Except ACM) and MTF won't be able to get in.

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate
  • Dislike 2

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

4 minutes ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

If they do that then MTF won't be able to do anything about it, as Medical staff are Self Defense (Except ACM) and MTF won't be able to get in.

But CI won't be able to get out. Really it should be two keypads that control both doors so at least it would make sense why D-Class or CI would crack it, to block off enemy forces to make their getaway.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

5 hours ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

CI shouldn’t be able to lock it down 

+Support on everything else

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

What does ACM stand for? To many acronyms. Personally I don't have a problem with allowing CI to roll to lockdown Medbay, all it does is trap them inside Medbay.

I do have a problem with allowing D-Class to mess with the Medbay lockdown though, because that'll lead to people locking it down to minge and then respawning to leave it locked.

• Like 2

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

3 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

What does ACM stand for? To many acronyms. Personally I don't have a problem with allowing CI to roll to lockdown Medbay, all it does is trap them inside Medbay.

ACM stands for Advanced Combat Medic, its Medicals Level-Locked class. Also, no offense, but it doesn't just lock them inside of medbay, it also locks them inside the only room that Medical Spawn leads to. This would cause them to (Wether on purpose or not) Puppy guard the spawn. Most of the time this will result in Medical Staff not having any possibility to do anything, and flag of the job.

+Support from my side.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

6 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

CI shouldn’t be able to lock it down 

+Support on everything else

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

18 hours ago, Bionicle said:

+support, but CI should be able to lock it down if they roll, like for power.

A 65+ roll should be good. 

• Like 1

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

+support

Rule changes means MOTD changes.

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

I don't know if this is an official method, but since lockdowns were brought back to use against CI, why not make RP Breaching Charges an official MOTD thing for CI?

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

||Omi9|| E11 PFC || CI RND Researcher ||

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2020 at 4:33 PM, [GL] Inaccurate said:

Medbay should only be in lockdown if a Senior Medic+, ACM, or Site Administration authorizes it. No other jobs may lock it down (Including D-Class/CI). It may be locked down for D-Class breaching into LCZ, CI in the facility, outbreak of a disease, or any other reason seen fit. If trapped inside, D-Class/CI may crack it open.

I'm ok with this. @Rookieblue, can you add it in?

• Like 1

big cat running GIF