MTF Tau-5 "Samsara" Update - Denied

RadioactiveUnicorn

What you want to see? - 

MTF Tau-5 in the MTF Pack is very odd. First of all, in lore, there are four total. this goes against the current amount of tau 5 available at once.

MTF Tau-5's current model is very mundane. As in, Tau 5 are literal godly clone cyborgs, yet the current model is more of a regular mtf.

MTF Tau-5's current arsenal is as of now "low-tech". Tau-5 is supposed to utilize High tech experimental weaponry. the current ACR and deagle could be swapped out for a pistol that shoots lasers, or a rifle that fires heat.

Why should we add it? -  Tau 5 is probably one of the least played classes. I've only seen two people play it ever (myself included). 

What are the advantages of having this? - By making some easy changes, Tau 5's count could be pumped up drastically. This means more people donating to get the pack.

Who is it mainly for? - Anyone who plays MTF roles

Links to any content - 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=899819422 Playermodel

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425584810 Playermodel

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=193373182 Playermodel

( I HAVE NOT TESTED ANY PLAYERMODELS)

DON'T SHOOT! I'M NO LONGER WITH THE SCIENCE TEAM! | Nyarlethotep is my RPname

The 2nd model is already used by Omicron 9. Tau5 is already a very good MTF class for donators and it doesn't need any more buffs

-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

2 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

The 2nd model is already used by Omicron 9. Tau5 is already a very good MTF class for donators and it doesn't need any more buffs

-Support

The Class's strength isn't the issue. It's the fact that it is so boring to play. You get the choice between a Demoman who throws Nitro Glycerine, a Stealth Operative who can turn invisible, and a regular swat.

+/- Support, i can agree that Tau needs something special about it, but this just aint it.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

On 6/3/2020 at 3:46 AM, Falxen said:

+/- Support, i can agree that Tau needs something special about it, but this just aint it.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

On 6/3/2020 at 8:46 AM, Falxen said:

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

-Support

• Model change would be decent to see, considering it's the old Alpha-1 Special Forces model**

**Second model will be denied on my behalf due to it already being used in active duty in my regiment. 

• The weaponry on said classes are balanced according to SMT's standards, on top of that the weaponry is pretty powerful, so I do not see a need for a change.
  • MTF Donation classes are currently, as mentioned before, balanced by SMT due to them being a donation class, and while I understand a lore aspect to some of them, they will be thrown into an imbalance if there is more than 2, it's the same reason every MTF regiment has only 2 Explosive based classes. 2 is the limit, and has been for a few years for a reason. 
  • Did not test the models at all, nor did they check to see what regiments have said models. Along with the size of files, which exceeds the limit.

Another reason as to why not many people choose the MTF pack over a bronze rank, is due to the fact that you are not able to join MTF E-11 which is something that a lot of players desire, especially considering it is a regiment. I understand perfectly why MTF Tau-5 may need a bit of freshening up, but with the current weaponry the only thing I can see needing to be changed is the Model, which should be the old model if it is still available, since it fits the best. 

Edited by MTF OM9 COL Daedran CL46

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

On 6/3/2020 at 3:46 AM, Falxen said:

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

• 2 weeks later...