Remove the 1 month CC rule - Denied

DooM Guy

What you want to see? -  The removal of the one month CC  removal rule.

Why should we add it? - On the FAQ Form for CC it says “If you go inactive on the server for more than a month, your job can be removed from the server due to inactivity. It will cost $20 to have the job added back to the server.” People that buy CC are prone to have if their CC removed if they are inactive for more than a month. The fine of getting the CC back is $20. It’s almost pointless having this rule and I see it as a con of having a CC. If people go absent for more then a month because their on a trip they would have to pay twenty more dollars just to get it back. Most people would just buy it back anyway so there’s no point of removing it. I’m also sure they would delete the playermodel because they wouldn’t wanna install it again so why remove it.

What are the advantages of having this? - People can save the money and server admins can save the trouble of adding it back.

Who is it mainly for? - Custom Classes

NOTE: I'm fine with having the custom classes removed, but why should I pay $20 just to get it back. I should be able to ask for it back free of charge. Seems like a scam to me.

Edited by TWIX

687515010_Screenshot2021-05-12013101.png.d685e9dcb10c05e7081de12f3296b980.png

This is to save on server peformance. I think you are looking at this to small,if its 1 or 2 jobs, sure, this rule would be near pointless. But  we have a LOT of CC's on the server, and if half of those would be inactive then that stacks up fast.

• Like 1

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

Just now, Falxen said:

This is to save on server peformance. I think you are looking at this to small,if its 1 or 2 jobs, sure, this rule would be near pointless. But  we have a LOT of CC's on the server, and if half of those would be inactive then that stacks up fast.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

50 minutes ago, Falxen said:

lets be honest tho, half of the CC'S NOW are inactive

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

-Support

Reduces lag when they are removed, why keep something that won't be used and clutter up the place?

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

i mean if we gon get rid of some cc's mind as well give their damn money back as its technically a scam

• Like 1

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

so basically, the idea is

if they don't take the time to simply connect to the server for a month or 2 then ya know, the cc is most likely inactive and is taking up space

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

7 hours ago, Falxen said:

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

+Support but i think it depends on context, if its cause of a ban or some real life reason, then no, but if its someone who just stopped playing cause they are bored, then yea.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

-Support

This is something that is set into place to reduce the amount of jobs that are on the server, and has been around to some degree for a multitude of generations. I do not believe that removing this rule would do any good for the server, being as how people who pay for their CC know, and abide by said guidelines that they agreed upon. On top of that, if there were a bunch of jobs that were inactive and they kept building up, LUA scripts would not load as fast and loading times to get in game would increase, and server performance would decrease, regardless of the host.

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

7 hours ago, Mint said:

i mean if we gon get rid of some cc's mind as well give their damn money back as its technically a scam

That's true. I don't wanna have to pay an extra fee if I was gone for a while just so they can extort more money out of me. If they removed a CC but there was no fee to get it back, I see that as totally fair. Hell I even see that as good because it could reduoce lots of server lag and people could get it back anytime they want for free. If they could just remove they fee I would be happy with that.

687515010_Screenshot2021-05-12013101.png.d685e9dcb10c05e7081de12f3296b980.png

+Support

I agree that CCs should be removed for inactivity, but why should they have to pay a fine to get it back? Does the Great Almighty Zeepminge really need that extra twenty bucks?

Edited by Illager, Director of Memes
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Dislike 1

Professional minge, PhD in shitposting. Research Manager,  Hammer Down Private. Also known as Gutsy.

19 hours ago, Falxen said:

8 hours ago, Illager, Director of Memes said:

+Support

I agree that CCs should be removed for inactivity, but why should they have to pay a fine to get it back? Does the Great Almighty Zeepminge really need that extra twenty bucks?

No one Remembers me ~ AHOT Reaper

4 minutes ago, October said:

-support 

CC’s are removed after a month for inactivity because of the amount of space they take up. The 20 dollars paid is because it takes work to code those CC’s back in.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT