Promotion Request System Suggestion. Hear me out. - Denied

wolphin

What you want to see? - From what I know (might be only at my moms work, not sure for others), you can apply for promotions in IRL jobs, so why not security? Plus, i've seen a lot of people that deserve a promo but don't receive one. This system can quicken promotion time, as instead of waiting for the next meeting, you can just submit one! Here's how it'd look:

Lore Name:
SteamID:
Rank you'd like to be promoted to:
Why you should be promoted:
When were you last promoted:

*NOTE: I don't mean that we should be able to ask for promotions. I mean that we should be able to apply like if you were to for staff or something like that.*

Why should we add it? -   It would increase promotion rates (further boosting morale and the motivation to play as security), and would allow people to give their opinion in whether or not someone gets promoted, and it would also add a more "formal/professional" feeling to being promoted as you can submit one as you would IRL.

What are the advantages of having this?  Reasons stated above. Plus, it'd be more efficient as you wouldn't need to rely on having a lcmd or hcmd on to approve a promotion in game.

Who is it mainly for? -  Anyone  that feels as if they deserve a promotion.

Links to any content - N/A

BTW,  please tell me in the comments a few disadvantages instead of just disliking the post. Thanks!!
Also, i guess there could be a limit so like you could submit once per week

Edited by wolphin
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 5

might be a furry but might also not be

I think the best branch for this kind of thing would be security

I mean I don't know the state of how often people get promoted in Security, there is 172 people on the roster and I would assume it takes time to get to everyone you also have 172 people plus god knows how many OFC's 

I guess this could work but it would have to be highly restrictive if this was implemented maybe if you don't get promoted within a week and you are below a certain rank you can request a promotion

Edit: Was changed from only being for security to a server wide change

Edited by Fool

actually, i like that. maybe make it so you are only an enlisted then you can do it?

2 minutes ago, Fool said:

So it's only for security?

I mean I don't know the state of how often people get promoted in Security, there is 172 people on the roster and I would assume it takes time to get to everyone you also have 172 people plus god knows how many OFC's 

I guess this could work but it would have to be highly restrictive if this was implemented maybe if you don't get promoted within a week and you are below a certain rank you can request a promotion

btw, thanks fool for not automatically disliking my post 🙂

1 minute ago, wolphin said:

actually, i like that. maybe make it so you are only an enlisted then you can do it?

I don't know this is a very touchy topic that would have to be heavily discussed by Security command and SIte administration. 

2 minutes ago, wolphin said:

btw, thanks fool for not automatically disliking my post 🙂

-102 rep is probably enough tbh

• Like 1

I mean, this actually isn't that bad of an idea.

Only issue is see is people making them constantly, but that could be prevented by, for example, making a rule that you can only apply after a certain time if you are within a certain rank bracket.

But honestly, i think this should be left up to Branch HCMD, not implemented as a general thing across all branches, as i can see some members of HCMD/Site-Admin not wanting this.

Also, this would be GREAT for people not in an american timezone. I remember when i first joined the server and had to give up on Sec because i just would never move up due to a lack of command at my timezone.

Edited by Falxen
  • Thanks 1

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+/- support I believe this would be a fine system, but there should be a more regulation on it, and it should be a choice from dept. heads if they want it or not. Branches like MTF/CI don’t suffer like GENSEC does from slow promo’s/not noticing lower ranks. 

4 minutes ago, October said:

+/- support I believe this would be a fine system, but there should be a more regulation on it, and it should be a choice from dept. heads if they want it or not. Branches like MTF/CI don’t suffer like GENSEC does from slow promo’s/not noticing lower ranks. 

i agree. imo i feel like Security needs this the most due to the overwhelming amount of OFC's. 

13 minutes ago, October said:

This should only be for Enlisted, maybe NCOs and it should be upto HCMD. 

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

33 minutes ago, October said:

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

Not bad its a good idea i mean security should get this and maybe utility but i don know about mtf so its a +/-

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

-Support

Its super easy to get up to SM, you have to put in a lot of time though. If you aren’t getting promoted, it’s because you don’t stand out in any particular way. With a huge branch like security, you have to show that you’re different and have people notice you. Just like any other job.  It’s a huge branch and promotions will only go so far, because once you reach senior NCO ranks no matter what, you’re not gonna get promoted often. 

Also, this system could be abused if someone had a really good friend in a high position within security command.

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

2 minutes ago, APE said:

-Support

Its super easy to get up to SM, you have to put in a lot of time though. If you aren’t getting promoted, it’s because you don’t stand out in any particular way. With a huge branch like security, you have to show that you’re different and have people notice you. Just like any other job.  It’s a huge branch and promotions will only go so far, because once you reach senior NCO ranks no matter what, you’re not gonna get promoted often. 

Also, this system could be abused if someone had a really good friend in a high position within security command.

To be fair, if someone had a friend in a high position they could just get promoted anyway, with or without this,

For the suggestion, +/- Support

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

6 hours ago, Falxen said:

But honestly, i think this should be left up to Branch HCMD, not implemented as a general thing across all branches, as i can see some members of HCMD/Site-Admin not wanting this.

I say just contact your high command 

22 minutes ago, APE said:

-Support

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

2 hours ago, APE said:

-Support

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

3 hours ago, APE said:

-Support

I think we had this before 

4 hours ago, APE said:

-Support

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

I don't think you guys are getting the 2 biggest advantages to having this.

1. It's extremely effective as instead of having 1 single person determine if you're worthy of being promoted or not, the community can!
2. You don't have to wait nfor meetings to be promoted.

Now of course, we are working somethings out, but what we're planning to do is make it so that you can submit once every 3 days (or something along the lines of that)

Hello Wolphin,

As Oscar stated, this is a branch suggestion. Thus this is not something you'd personally put on the forums but something you'd need to consult with GENSEC HCMD about. Please talk to your GENSEC HCMD, as this would need their approval anyways.