Promotion Request System Suggestion. Hear me out. - Denied

wolphin

Sorry, I should have mentioned,  this is something that could be used for any branch. I just specified security as that's the branch i familiarize myse;f with.

might be a furry but might also not be

Fat - Support

Hmm yes let us have OFC's apply for LCPL, they sure will love being on for 5 minutes and then falsifying a request.

Too easily manipulable

Might be good for NCO's, but DEFINITELY not enlisted, even going into Sargent would be iffy for me.

• Like 1

+Support

+I could see this working for Security mostly as we can have something on forums that people +Support if that person deserves a promotion

+ I could see this working in times where no command are online because Timezones (i am talking about Peak Hours/Downtime hours where basically no one is online)

- Only downside i see here is that we have no way of tracking that if they were doing a good job or not (Specially for those who are online during peak hours/downtime hours)

Overall +Support Could see it working out

Admin For SCPRP , Vice Commander In Nu-7.

Former Major/Head FTO In Omicron-9

spacer.png

-Support

-This can be abused due to favoritism

-We don't just get promoted at meetings, there are also field promotions

-This can and will be abused

-If you deserve a promotion, you will get one. No offense Twiz, but your history in Gensec is not a very good one...

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

||Omi9|| E11 PFC || CI RND Researcher ||

This is more of a GENSEC command suggestion that could take place in their discord, rather than a server wide suggestion. This could easily be implemented in the GENSEC discord in the introduction of a channel if GENSEC command wants to do it.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

18 hours ago, TG_Kilo said:

-Support

-This can be abused due to favoritism

-We don't just get promoted at meetings, there are also field promotions

-This can and will be abused

-If you deserve a promotion, you will get one. No offense Twiz, but your history in Gensec is not a very good one...

1. um, the current promotion system has favoritism too, i don't think that's a valid point?
2. i know that but from what i have seen/known field promotions are rare
3. you're not being specific at all. how exactly could this be abused?
4. yeah but hcmd and lcmd can't always be on and watching what every player is doing.
i appreciate the comment but next time be more specific

btw, i'm not trying to make this the "main" promotion system, this should ONLY be utilized if you haven't been promoted in awhile or if you feel like cmd is being biased towards you.

On 6/3/2020 at 2:03 AM, Kumandant said:

+Support

Turning "Asking For Promotions" into an actual professional form is a ballsy move. It might help out people in odd time zones advance as well.

thank you kuma.

On 6/2/2020 at 10:48 PM, Dr Dark But Not Very Dark said:

+Support

+I could see this working for Security mostly as we can have something on forums that people +Support if that person deserves a promotion

+ I could see this working in times where no command are online because Timezones (i am talking about Peak Hours/Downtime hours where basically no one is online)

- Only downside i see here is that we have no way of tracking that if they were doing a good job or not (Specially for those who are online during peak hours/downtime hours)

Overall +Support Could see it working out

we can make it so that you have to have at least 3-5 clips of you doing something great
(getting d-block back, assisting allies, etc....)

• Dislike 1

On 6/2/2020 at 6:24 PM, wolphin said:

I don't think you guys are getting the 2 biggest advantages to having this.

1. It's extremely effective as instead of having 1 single person determine if you're worthy of being promoted or not, the community can!
2. You don't have to wait nfor meetings to be promoted.

Now of course, we are working somethings out, but what we're planning to do is make it so that you can submit once every 3 days (or something along the lines of that)

Promotions don’t happen exclusively at meetings. 

-support tho, APE said it all.

Edited by CreameyCheesey
Comment glitched out
  • Like 1

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

"Anakin."
"What?"
"I have a bad feeling about this."

Former FD || Benjamin O. Walker || A̸̹̩̫̞̳͓͇̞͆̂̀ḽ̶́̅̇͋̔͂̃͛̍̄̀͛̓͆e̴̫͉͉̫͐̅͗͂̓̅͐̾̌͊̒͘͘͠x̵̰̱͖̘͚͓̦͕̯̼̿́̃̇̓̚ ̷̮̣̗̝̋͜͠P̶̡̨̧̹̰͍̯̼̳͇̳̰̒͛̆̀̌͒̕͝o̵̻̪̦̟̠͔̳͖̺̊̑̒ŕ̵̨͇̣̺̱̱̯̲́̄͋̓̇̇́͛͜͠͝ṭ̸̯̗͠e̸̲͉̜͖̥̟͎͆̀̑͛

• Manager
On 6/2/2020 at 7:33 AM, October said:

+/- support I believe this would be a fine system, but there should be a more regulation on it, and it should be a choice from dept. heads if they want it or not. Branches like MTF/CI don’t suffer like GENSEC does from slow promo’s/not noticing lower ranks. 

I know in MTF branches we don't have as many people I think it would be best in huge branches such as security. I know in MTF if you are active you get noticed and things. but if this was for Gensec +Support, not sure about a server wide on it. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

On 6/9/2020 at 2:59 PM, Mr. February said:

I know in MTF branches we don't have as many people I think it would be best in huge branches such as security. I know in MTF if you are active you get noticed and things. but if this was for Gensec +Support, not sure about a server wide on it. 

well it's really for gensec but of course if other branches want to adopt this then they can go for it

On 6/2/2020 at 7:24 PM, Matricies said:

Hello Wolphin,

As Oscar stated, this is a branch suggestion. Thus this is not something you'd personally put on the forums but something you'd need to consult with GENSEC HCMD about. Please talk to your GENSEC HCMD, as this would need their approval anyways.

big cat running GIF