MTF General Teampspeak OPS Chat - Accepted

Mint

What you want to see? - I want a MTF TeamSpeak ops channel for all of MTF to use incase we all need to communicate at once. Some of us dont even use channel 4 on the MTF radio.

Why should we add it? -  For better communications when it comes to last stance and mass d class riots and scp breaches and if we just all wanna talk at once if we are not doing anything

What are the advantages of having this? - MTF Can communicate better and help recontain the facility when it goes to hell

Who is it mainly for? - All of MTF

Links to any content -  N/A

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

50 minutes ago, Ritz said:

So basically

be like

hey guys, lets go to E-11 ops because it doesn't have a password

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

-Support

Max, who is the TeamSpeak Manager already said and I quote "Our Teamspeek server is meant for out of character interactions. In Character is meant for in game. I am not sure where this all started about RP in TS, but it was never a thing and it will not be a thing." "We are not adding more channels to the already large amount of channels we already have. General rule of thumb is that we don't RP in TS."

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

2 hours ago, Gunther said:

-Support

Max, who is the TeamSpeak Manager already said and I quote "Our Teamspeek server is meant for out of character interactions. In Character is meant for in game. I am not sure where this all started about RP in TS, but it was never a thing and it will not be a thing." "We are not adding more channels to the already large amount of channels we already have. General rule of thumb is that we don't RP in TS."

Hello Gunther,

I never really understood this statement because it seems out of touch with the last 3 years of my time on GL. We have several channels in all 4 servers that are specifically dedicated to passing information in rp (operations channels and general staff channels for the departments/military branches). So they've never been purely OOC environments and its even been a mandatory requirement in a lot of branches across all 4 servers that you are in the teamspeak while you are on the server to communicate with people ingame as well.

If what Max said was correct, I highly recommend that they meet with all of SMT on the issue because all 4 servers have dedicated channels that for all intents and purposes, for all 3 years of my time on GL have been rooms meant to pass RP information and act as OOC environments. This doesn't include things like off-duty lounges/meeting rooms which are only intended for OOC. So this is clearly some confusion up in SMT that needs to be resolved because it would literally break a lot of the things people do on ALL GL servers in TS and require a major restructuring of the TS rooms in the servers to clarify their purposes.

To the original topic, seeing as only HCMD has access to all the rooms, I wouldn't mind a single MTF room under the original room that could just be used for joint operations seeing as each MTF unit has its own radio channels on the server. At the same time, we do have /mtf comms which should be being used if you only want to communicate with MTF units. But otherwise, this is a suggestion that I think would go under the uh teamspeak category in the general forums.

+/- support. I could see the use but we already have plenty of means in server for mtf branches to joint communicate. If they really do need to, they can use MTF channel 4 for massive joint operations that are usually planned.

Edited by Matricies
  • Like 1

Off duty lounges and training rooms are ooc. However operation rooms should be in RP as it is in their name 'Operations'.

The entire point of using TS is to make up for the areas where radios and in game comms lack in and making it OOC has more cons than pros imo.

Also just use E11 ops for joint communication xD

Edited by [GL] Zeus

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

+Support, this'd be better then having to use E-11's channel, as they might want to lock that aswell one day.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

46 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

There's a channel called Foundation Ops for a reason....

I'm sorry if i'm totally blind but... where?

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

1 hour ago, Falxen said:

I'm sorry if i'm totally blind but... where?

Should be below CI Ops

Just now, Giovanni said:

Should be below CI Ops

Nvm the chanmel's gone

Retired E11 CMDR | Retired Admin | CI CPT |  Event Team Member

Just now, Giovanni said:

Should be below CI Ops

Dont think we still have that.

12 hours ago, Gunther said:

-Support

14 hours ago, Matricies said:

Hello Gunther,

I never really understood this statement because it seems out of touch with the last 3 years of my time on GL. We have several channels in all 4 servers that are specifically dedicated to passing information in rp (operations channels and general staff channels for the departments/military branches). So they've never been purely OOC environments and its even been a mandatory requirement in a lot of branches across all 4 servers that you are in the teamspeak while you are on the server to communicate with people ingame as well.

If what Max said was correct, I highly recommend that they meet with all of SMT on the issue because all 4 servers have dedicated channels that for all intents and purposes, for all 3 years of my time on GL have been rooms meant to pass RP information and act as OOC environments. This doesn't include things like off-duty lounges/meeting rooms which are only intended for OOC. So this is clearly some confusion up in SMT that needs to be resolved because it would literally break a lot of the things people do on ALL GL servers in TS and require a major restructuring of the TS rooms in the servers to clarify their purposes.

To the original topic, seeing as only HCMD has access to all the rooms, I wouldn't mind a single MTF room under the original room that could just be used for joint operations seeing as each MTF unit has its own radio channels on the server. At the same time, we do have /mtf comms which should be being used if you only want to communicate with MTF units. But otherwise, this is a suggestion that I think would go under the uh teamspeak category in the general forums.

+/- support. I could see the use but we already have plenty of means in server for mtf branches to joint communicate. If they really do need to, they can use MTF channel 4 for massive joint operations that are usually planned.

I know, I don't like it either, its what we've done for so long, I'm just quoting what Max said, and how its probably gonna end since Max makes the final decision anyways.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

• 2 weeks later...