Add an Oxygen System for water - Accepted

Bread

What you want to see? - The Oxygen System addon be added to the server.

Why should we add it? - It would deter/punish players (in the few cases that it does happen) for hiding underwater on the surface for an unrealistic amount of time.

What are the advantages of having this? - Realism, would stop/punish people from hiding underwater for large amounts of time.

Who is it mainly for? - Anyone on the Surface.

Links to any content - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2115403509

I tested this myself, after about 10 seconds, the player who is underwater will start taking 20 damage a second. The amount of oxygen, level to start drowning, and it's HUD can be edited in the config. You can also exclude classes from drowning. 

lol, lmao even

+Support, will stop people from hiding on the surface.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

5 hours ago, Falxen said:

+Support, will stop people from hiding on the surface.

yup, annoying as hell when people stick under water for 10 minutes.

idk how much you've been smoking but i can hold my breather for longer than 10 seconds.

I think 30 seconds is long enough to actually take a proper dip and short enough to not be able to hide.

Edited by Jakub

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

1 hour ago, Jakub said:

yup, annoying as hell when people stick under water for 10 minutes.

idk how much you've been smoking but i can hold my breather for longer than 10 seconds.

I think 30 seconds is long enough to actually take a proper dip and short enough to not be able to hide.

Like I said, it can be edited.

lol, lmao even

+support

That be annoyin as heck (family friendly) when we were trying to find someone for hide and seek and they just hid in the corner in the water. Also will be nice since the timer can be changed and some classes may not be effected. This could also mean that we can special jobs for goin underwater 🤔

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

+support

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"

19 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

About 30-45 seconds would be a perfect time

+Support

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

15 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

I feel like this is such a minor issue to add on a major addition to the server that will cause increased lag.

The size and function of the addon is very small, I highly doubt it would cause any lag. If it does then it doesn't need to be added.

lol, lmao even

On 6/2/2020 at 10:37 PM, Rookieblue said:

I feel like this is such a minor issue to add on a major addition to the server that will cause increased lag.

I mean to be fair, the server will lag regardless, there's a hundred players and a lot of content addons already, a file this small won't add much more lag.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+Support

Ocean people don't exist.

Edited by Your Local Soviet

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅