Therapist type job - Denied

Obama is Sandwich

Hello, its Dr Obama I hope I explained my reasoning well enough for you to understand. Please leave a comment and let know know if you think this idea is bad or not.  -Have a good day!

What you want to see? - 

therapist type job added (The job could take D Class and talk to them an stuff)

Why should we add it? -

Well for starters the server is a "Roleplaying server" so why not? From playing on this server, there is sometimes where the server will be on downtime and during that time it can be hard to not get bored, adding this could stop some of that as well as let D Class be creative. I get it's not much to roleplay but it gives the D Class more to do than just trying to riot all the time and then waiting forever to be used on tests for SCPS. It could give D class a chance to share what they think about certain SCPS and other stuff. You could even have interviews with the D Class before tests to see what he knows about the SCP or anything. Mainly though, I'm asking because its just a small way to keep people from getting bored waiting around for testing. Some ways it is added is to even make the job apart of D Class, where the job can go around and talk to other D Class, or have it apart of Research branch but with low clearance, so he can't go around that much and just talk to D Class. Maybe let this job have props so he could make a little "office in D block and D Class can come to him. 

I know this is something that seems small but I 100% Believe it would make a difference on the server.

What are the advantages of having this? -

If this was added it could keep D Class busy during Lockdowns or just when the server is in downtime. Mainly, Keeping the D Class from being bored.

Who is it mainly for? -

This would be mainly for D Class as well as a new job. 

[ I would like to say I asked some Lead Researchers and SR's and Random D class using in game voice, and most said it sounded like a good idea. So Random players even think its something fun to do as well. ]

Edited by Obama is Sandwich
  • Like 1

Hm, although i do like the idea, i dont think it'd work very well in practice. Maybe this could be implemented for Medical, but then you'd probably have trouble finding people who actually want to do the RP for it.

• Like 2

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

2 minutes ago, Falxen said:

Hm, although i do like the idea, i dont think it'd work very well in practice. Maybe this could be implemented for Medical, but then you'd probably have trouble finding people who actually want to do the RP for it.

Perfectly said

Rejected from the gaminglight community

4 minutes ago, Falxen said:

Yes, But its just something new and could open up more to roleplaying for the server

Just now, Obama is Sandwich said:

Yes, But its just something new and could open up more to roleplaying for the server

The sad truth is simply that people wouldn't participate in it, something like this would rely on the volontary RP of other players,  and that just rarely happens.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

1 minute ago, Falxen said:

The sad truth is simply that people wouldn't participate in it, something like this would rely on the volontary RP of other players,  and that just rarely happens.

I get your point, BUT the people I asked, said they would love for this to be added and would rp with this given that they could

1 hour ago, Falxen said:

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

I mean there is nothing stopping you to do this. Some may seem it a little mingy but there is nothing stopping you from doing this on your own time. For medical we can't since we have to call 999 since his healing properties but as long as the research SOP doesn't have anything against it I don't see why you need to make a suggestion about it.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

1 hour ago, Jack (utility one) said:

I mean there is nothing stopping you to do this. Some may seem it a little mingy but there is nothing stopping you from doing this on your own time. For medical we can't since we have to call 999 since his healing properties but as long as the research SOP doesn't have anything against it I don't see why you need to make a suggestion about it.

Well I was told im not allowed that why I am trying to get a new job added that is for doing this

Higher ups said researchers are for scp's only

45 minutes ago, Obama is Sandwich said:

Well I was told im not allowed that why I am trying to get a new job added that is for doing this

Higher ups said researchers are for scp's only

I'll try to sdee if I can get Medical to be able to do this, but I agree with your Higher ups, research is meant for SCPs.

• Like 1

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

4 hours ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

I'll try to sdee if I can get Medical to be able to do this, but I agree with your Higher ups, research is meant for SCPs.

Yes, same here I understand that, higher ups are right. That is why Im trying to get a new job added. Maybe this could be something added for all the branch's or something.

I would like this to be implemented. It really depends on the person, and whether or not they would mess around, but I think it could work.

Overall +support

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

I am working on putting some procedures for Medical to do this.

While I really like this idea (as the director could use a therapist or two) it would never work. The main reason I say this, is look at Medical. The Medical branch currently does a type of Roleplay that is incredibly similar to this subject, and their activity is (with no offense to them) subpar most of the time. While I would be against this being added as a job in every branch, if Medical wants to add it to their branch I would be in full support (even though it would rarely get used)

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"