Allowing D-Class to spawn props - Denied

Nut Dog

Hello, my name is Raymond. Let me start off by saying I've been playing on the SCP server on and off for the past year or so, and I want to say I think you guys have done a great job with it. I feel that my only complaint, as someone who plays D-Class a lot, is that  it can sometimes get boring when you're waiting by the security area or during a lockdown. Occasionally, some D-Class (including myself) will spawn props to create little areas that add a little more fun or excitement. An example of this is during a lockdown, we had a "Pizza Party" Where I spawned balloons, plates, pizza, among others things to make a setting that people can interact with while they're waiting for the lockdown to be lifted. Unfortunately, because of the MOTD rules of the server, I am constantly finding admins removing my props.

Now don't get me wrong, I 100% understand the concern with prop spawning (especially with D-Class). People can easily block areas and can cause an overall inconvenience, but here's the thing. To even have the ability to spawn props you have to donate to the server. I feel like this alone should be a great way to prevent trolls or minges from abusing the ability to spawn a prop. If I'm donating for perks, and one of those perks is to spawn props, I feel it's only fair that I have the ability to spawn a prop as long as it's not blocking anything or just there to cause an inconvenience.

If this idea is put in motion, you can always add restrictions such as:
-Allowing it only in the cell block area
-Blacklisting bigger props (or props used to block areas)
-Whitelisting players (which is already technically done via donating)

Even if this suggestion is declined, I still think that if you are against D-Class spawning any sort of prop, then you should make it impossible for the class to spawn props at all.

Like I said, I really appreciate how you guys run this server, but I feel that allowing D-Class to spawn props would be a great addition to the fun and excitement the server already gives.

Thank you for reading!

Edited by Nut Dog
  • Like 2
  • Gaminglight Love 1

- Support, on one side i know that you can do some pretty fun stuff with props, but it just wouldn't be worth the amount of abuse this would cause.

16 minutes ago, Nut Dog said:

Even if this suggestion is declined, I still think that if you are against D-Class spawning any sort of prop, then you should make it impossible for the class to spawn props at all.

I dont believe thats even possible.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

24 minutes ago, Nut Dog said:

That is impossible. Also, please follow the format. 

The reason this rule is enforced is because props should only be used to enhance RP, and when D-class spawn props it is typically used for mingery. While there are exceptions, the majority of the time it is mingery. 

Futhermore, D-block is a very cluttered and tight area and spawning props will make that even tighter. 

-support. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, October said:

The reason this rule is enforced is because props should only be used to enhance RP, and when D-class spawn props it is typically used for mingery. While there are exceptions, the majority of the time it is mingery. 

Futhermore, D-block is a very cluttered and tight area and spawning props will make that even tighter. 

-support. 

People already Prop Abuse on D-Class, allowing them to spawn will increase the abuse of them.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

59 minutes ago, Falxen said:

- Support, on one side i know that you can do some pretty fun stuff with props, but it just wouldn't be worth the amount of abuse this would cause.

I dont believe thats even possible.

Yeah, just no

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

I think, in my opinion, rather than blindly enforcing the rules without a second thought, staff should take context into account. So if someone's just having fun without harming anyone it should be fine, but they could get punished if they minge. 

Overall, +/-Support

• Like 1

Professional minge, PhD in shitposting. Research Manager,  Hammer Down Private. Also known as Gutsy.

2 hours ago, Illager, Director of Memes said:

I think, in my opinion, rather than blindly enforcing the rules without a second thought, staff should take context into account. So if someone's just having fun without harming anyone it should be fine, but they could get punished if they minge. 

Overall, +/-Support

This

Theres a difference between having some fun and minging

2 hours ago, Illager, Director of Memes said:

Overall, +/-Support

I agree. We should not generalize all D-Class. Its like saying Bright is a minge class, where in reality its the people playing having no respect for the job's rules, that give off that impression. I'd we allow D-Class to spawn props ONLY, and THAT'S A HARD ONLY, if they are doing it to enhance RP or are doing it away from people and it doesn't affect or get in the way of other people's RP experience. 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+Support, don't see why most people should suffer and not be able to spawn props because of the few people that minge and abuse, if someone wants to abuse they'll do it anyway.

this would allow people to have more meaningful and fun rp as class d.

Edited by Jakub
  • Like 5
  • Dislike 1

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

14 hours ago, October said:

-support. 

I totally understand your concern, but do you really think that if only people who donate to the server can spawn props that they would go into all that effort of giving you money just so they can be a minge?

54 minutes ago, Nut Dog said:

I totally understand your concern, but do you really think that if only people who donate to the server can spawn props that they would go into all that effort of giving you money just so they can be a minge?

Yes. A LOT of donators minge. It's really frequent that a D class spawns a prop to block bullets.

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

-Support

This will cause more issues with FailRP and prop minging, and the D-Class can easily just say "Oh, I'm just having fun". No. This will not work out in any way. if you want to have fun with props, then be a Technician and use them for RP and fun at the same time.

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

||Omi9|| E11 PFC || CI RND Researcher ||

11 hours ago, Jakub said:

+Support, don't see why most people should suffer and not be able to spawn props because of the few people that minge and abuse, if someone wants to abuse they'll do it anyway.

• Like 1

Retired CI LTCMDR | Proud Enuzer | Roblox Pro

12 hours ago, Jakub said:

• Like 1

Ex MTF Alpha 1 Captain 

13 hours ago, Jakub said:

• Like 1

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

+Support

I feel like it's unfair how most classes can't spawn props, for example in E11 you need to be a combat engineer to spawn props. It's completely unfair how they give you the ability to do it but you're not allowed to do it smh. 

687515010_Screenshot2021-05-12013101.png.d685e9dcb10c05e7081de12f3296b980.png

+support i didnt buy a rank for nothing smh if im not allowed to even spawn props ill get a refund of my rank and its the biggest scam evr

Edited by Mint

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

what if we prop abused :0

just kidding unless...

also people who props spam or abuse are already breaking other rules so this one is kinda odd

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

18 hours ago, Nut Dog said:

Yes, yes they most certainly would.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector