Allowing D-Class to spawn props - Denied

Nut Dog

• Manager
On 6/1/2020 at 2:45 AM, Jack (utility one) said:

-support
Would be nice but would also be highly abused. Sorry chief

On 5/31/2020 at 6:33 PM, October said:

That is impossible. Also, please follow the format. 

The reason this rule is enforced is because props should only be used to enhance RP, and when D-class spawn props it is typically used for mingery. While there are exceptions, the majority of the time it is mingery. 

Futhermore, D-block is a very cluttered and tight area and spawning props will make that even tighter. 

-support. 

On 5/31/2020 at 11:35 PM, Gunther said:
On 5/31/2020 at 8:58 PM, Illager, Director of Memes said:

I think, in my opinion, rather than blindly enforcing the rules without a second thought, staff should take context into account. So if someone's just having fun without harming anyone it should be fine, but they could get punished if they minge. 

Overall, +/-Support

I agree. We should not generalize all D-Class. Its like saying Bright is a minge class, where in reality its the people playing having no respect for the job's rules, that give off that impression. I'd we allow D-Class to spawn props ONLY, and THAT'S A HARD ONLY, if they are doing it to enhance RP or are doing it away from people and it doesn't affect or get in the way of other people's RP experience. 

+/- Support for reason above. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

-Support  , D-class spawning props already that dont get caught is abusable this will just encourage abuse 

• Dislike 1

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

On 6/2/2020 at 1:41 PM, Thats My Left said:

- Support definitely will be abused

That's why you would just bust people if their prop spamming. That's like saying you shouldn't give D-class guns cause they'll abuse it to RDM each other. Theirs a chance they would use it to prop spam and I'm sure some of them would, but most of them would just build stuff, like a corner to chill in.

• Like 1

687515010_Screenshot2021-05-12013101.png.d685e9dcb10c05e7081de12f3296b980.png

-Support

Easily abused. To be honest I had the same idea not too long ago, but I realized D-Class is the beginning, meaning everyone starts off as a D-Class. If people who joined the server just to be mingy and/or have malicious intent, they would simply use props to their advantage to achieve their useless goal. In general too imagine all the prop abuse, prop climbing, and annoyance that would come with it. As much as I support giving D-Class a better way of roleplay, this one ain't it, sorry.

(Also where do D-Class get these props, the underground market?)

Edited by Your Local Soviet

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

On 6/1/2020 at 10:07 AM, Jakub said:

+Support, don't see why most people should suffer and not be able to spawn props because of the few people that minge and abuse, if someone wants to abuse they'll do it anyway.

this would allow people to have more meaningful and fun rp as class d.

On 5/31/2020 at 6:23 PM, Falxen said:

- Support, on one side i know that you can do some pretty fun stuff with props, but it just wouldn't be worth the amount of abuse this would cause.I

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

On 5/31/2020 at 3:23 PM, Falxen said:

- Support, on one side i know that you can do some pretty fun stuff with props, but it just wouldn't be worth the amount of abuse this would cause.

-support,  I'm sorry.

Edited by DJ Mr. Evil

4 hours ago, Your Local Soviet said:

-Support

Easily abused. To be honest I had the same idea not too long ago, but I realized D-Class is the beginning, meaning everyone starts off as a D-Class. If people who joined the server just to be mingy and/or have malicious intent, they would simply use props to their advantage to achieve their useless goal. In general too imagine all the prop abuse, prop climbing, and annoyance that would come with it. As much as I support giving D-Class a better way of roleplay, this one ain't it, sorry.

(Also where do D-Class get these props, the underground market?)

Here's the thing though, and this is why I bring it up. Since people who already spawn props are immediately taken down by and admin or moderator, it should be easy to spot someone who is abusing this power. It's obvious someone's not using a prop to enhance an RP if they're say blocking off a section of a door so people can't get through. Since you can't stop people from spawning props via a command or prompt, I don't understand where the problem lies with seeing someone using the props for obvious RP enhancement (Example adding props to the kitchen to make a cafeteria setting) and being able to differentiate that from someone just trolling.

-Support

I really want this to be a thing "even I made a suggestion back then" but like people said it would be abused and maybe cause server lag? depending on how many people spawn props in

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

• 2 weeks later...