SCP-178 and Playable 178-1 Addition Suggestion (Second Proposal) - Denied

Creamey

DISCLAIMER: This suggestion will look similar to my first proposal as it was used as a template for this proposal. The difference between the 2 is that the first was using an NPC, while this is using a playable SCP.

1. Name of the SCP you would like added: SCP-178, SCP-178-1

2. Link(s) to playermodels: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1334262096   -   Playermodel (SCP-178-1)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974537849&searchtext=178   -   Playermodel (Additional instance of SCP-178-1 with walking animation)

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=947544649   -   Model (SCP-178) (Additional instance of SCP-178-1 included without walking animation)

3. Link(s) to sweps: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1455911028&searchtext=178    -   Item entity that allows you to physically and visually wear SCP-178. - The actual SCP-178-1 NPC. THE NPC SHOULD NOT BE USED ON THE SERVER!

Link above requires links below

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=947544649   -   Model (SCP-178) (Additional instance of SCP-178-1 included without walking animation)

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1334262096   -   NPC (SCP-178-1) - DISCLAIMER: THE NPC IS NEEDED TO DOWNLOAD OTHER WORKSHOP FILES BUT SHOULD NOT BE USED ON THE SERVER!

4. How much health/armor do you think it should have?: SCP-178 is an item and would not have any set health and armor. SCP-178-1 instances should have 750 health and 0 armor.

5. Why should we add this SCP?: I believe you should add this SCP because this is quite a popular SCP that many players are familiar with. Players would have barely any problem adjusting to the addition of this SCP for this reason. This SCP would grant an enormous amount of testing potential, and would give Researchers something entirely new to RP with. Additionally, this would allow for some of the empty containment cells to in HCZ or LCZ to house a new SCP and begin to fill the empty cells.  In my opinion, there is more RP research potential with this SCP than many other SCPs if it were to be added to the server. This would also allow for a new SCP for CI to steal from the Foundation. As long as the Insurgent wearing the glasses does not make contact with the SCP/NPC, then they can safely steal the SCP for testing. CI RND can therefore also benefit from the addition of this SCP as RND would be able to conduct feasible tests and proceed to sell the SCP back to the foundation. Finally, I believe that this SCP holds incredible cross-test potential, and would greatly impact both Research and CI RND, while also affecting the server as a whole.  It would allow players to have a new and fresh SCP experience, providing something fun and exciting that all players can enjoy once the level requirement has been reached. 

6. Basic summary of the SCP: SCP-178 is a pair of 3D glasses that, when worn, will make the wearer able to see creatures from a supposed "separate dimension". These creatures (SCP-178-1, SCP-178-2, etc.) will become extremely hostile towards the wearer if any contact is made between them, whether verbal or physical. This will almost always result in the death of the individual who has made contact with one of the instances. This death is caused by severe lacerations that will show up on the individuals body following contact with an instance.   -  http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-178

7. Extra information: You can drop the glasses by typing "drop178" in the console. 

The glasses will need to respawn after a couple seconds on its stand after the wearer has been killed and the glasses are on the floor. I believe that SCP-714 functions this way in game but I am unsure.

Recommended area of containment: One of the empty glass chambers in Lower Heavy Containment Zone.

Use the SCP-966 Invisibility swep so it can stay invisible until the wearer puts on the glasses. For RP purposes and functionality of the SCP in relation to the server, it will uncloak to thermals.

Use the Zombie Claws weapon as their primary attack method.

Recontainment Method: Termination through the utilization of thermals.

Level Requirement: 40+ (Players need to be familiar and experienced with RP.

Jobs: 2 (One for each playermodel, also similar to that of the 939s)

Job Slots: 1 each.

This SCP is sort of a mix between 939 and 966.

Idea for the self-breaching process: SCP-178-1 may request 1 D Class every 20 minutes. 

If there are 2 instances, they may request 2 D Class every 15 minutes.

Must advert in 5 minute increments.

Self breaching process can be halted if provided with the respective quantity of D Class.

Edited by CreameyCheesey
Name Change
  • Like 3

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

+Support

2nd times a charm I guess, pls add ingots

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

+support ngl sounds ebic gamer

• Like 2

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Hope said:

+support

This would greatly enhances many role play scenarios such as the anomalous wardrobe. 

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

+support pretty cute ngl

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

• Manager
On 5/31/2020 at 1:33 PM, Hope said:

+support

This would greatly enhances many role play scenarios such as the anomalous wardrobe. 

This could also help out research because there is a player to help do the RP. instead of possibly just making it up. 

On 6/1/2020 at 3:33 AM, Meridian said:

+support seems like it could provide some good RP, and also sounds fun to play as.

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

• 2 weeks later...

+support
This suggestion was well thought and planned out. A lot of effort was put into this and it shows, as well as research behind what creamey is trying to add. Everything seems solid. In total it will add 8.145 MB which is a tad bit high but for an entire SCP it is low. The amount of RP this thing would add makes me want to do some noice test. I wouldn't mind this being added to the glass CC's at first and then the SCP's being moved to the new HCZ addon that was accepted when the map change occurs. Besides that this would just be nice to add 

• Like 1

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

11 hours ago, Harry S. Plinkett said:

Why and how could -1 instances breach? Teleport out of their dimension and no longer necessitate the glasses? Doesn't make sense lorewise.

Think about it this way: 049 self-breaches by somehow managing to “break down” a reinforced door. In reality, a staff member is the one doing it, because lore wise, it is unlikely that 049 could break down a heavily reinforced door. Sometimes things need to be tweaked for them to fit into the server.

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

11 hours ago, CreameyCheesey said:

Think about it this way: 049 self-breaches by somehow managing to “break down” a reinforced door. In reality, a staff member is the one doing it, because lore wise, it is unlikely that 049 could break down a heavily reinforced door. Sometimes things need to be tweaked for them to fit into the server.

I mean there's a jump between breaking down a door and jumping to a different dimension.

I'm able to suspend my disbelief to a certain degree but I start questioning things when the lore around an SCP is changed that much.

Edited by Harry S. Plinkett

• Creamey changed the title to SCP-178 and Playable 178-1 Addition Suggestion (Second Proposal)