Removing the 'Escape Artist can not breach SCPs' rule - Denied

Gunther

What you want to see? - I want to see the 'Escape Artist can not breach SCPs' rule removed. Also, read the post all the way before responding.

Why should we add it? - It does not make much sense, in terms of gameplay, and just a logical standpoint. I know its to keep people from abusing it to breach SCPs, but it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and actually defeats that purpose when literally any other D-Class job, that is widely and more commonly used can breach SCPs. Why single out one very specific and very underused D-Class job, when every other D-Class job can breach SCPs. The following jobs can breach SCPs:
The D-Class Personnel (Level 0)
The D-Class Supplier (Level 20-25?)
The D-Class Brawler (Level 15?)
The D-Class Expert (Bronze/Silver?)
The Pro D-Class (Diamond)
Any D-Class CC (CC)

The ONLY job that CAN NOT:
The Escape Artist (Level 30-35?)

Also, its never been an MOTD rule, in fact, up until Weiss's suggestion, I didn't even know about it. And it appears from what it sounds no one knew about the rule because its not in the job description or MOTD, therefore staff don't know about it or enforce it. It seems a little strange to start enforcing a rule that has never been acknowledged or added to the MOTD for all this time.
Not to mention, it seems ridiculous to single out a certain class to not be able to breach SCPs while other, "more commonly used D-Class jobs" can.

What are the advantages of having this? - Removes a 'strange' rule, that doesn't make much sense, and that hasn't been added to the MOTD and has not been enforced for a very long time.

Who is it mainly for? - D-Class, somewhat SCPs

Links to any content - 

Edited by Gunther
Grammar

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

-support
I mean lore wise their expertise is escaping (hints the name escape artist). Also you would think that breaking into a containment cell would be different then escaping through keypad locked doors. It would require different knowledge to do so. 

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

-Support

The class is to focus on escaping

Letting out the gargantuan death lizard that will most likely kill you anyways isn't exactly an escape focus

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

+ support

D class can do whatever they want

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

59 minutes ago, Ritz said:

-Support

Letting out the gargantuan death lizard that will most likely kill you anyways isn't exactly an escape focus

Also we aren't a breach server, and IMO SCPs breach to much already, this will just make them breach more.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

47 minutes ago, Harry S. Plinkett said:

-Support

Hurts balance and doesnt make lore sense

How does it hurt balance? Every other D-Class job can breach SCPs but not this one, even though this job out of all of them, including the donator jobs, is the least used and the highest leveled job. Also, semi-serious server.

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

Just now, Harry S. Plinkett said:

*breaches 682*

*breaches 106*

*breaches 035*

*defcon 2*

*ci raid*

*whole facility boom-boom*

Again, my point stands, it makes no sense to single out a certain D-Class job and not allow it to be able to breach SCPs while other, "more commonly used D-Class jobs" can.

200.gif

-Support

I would like it if no d class could but oh well

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

1 minute ago, Harry S. Plinkett said:

Im against D Class breaching SCPs entirely

Alright, so set aside your personal opinion on D-Class breaching for a second, and tell me with an open mind, Do you think making one class not allowed to breach SCPs, while lower leveled and more commonly used D-Class jobs having no restriction and fully able to do so, makes any sense, in terms of gameplay?

200.gif

Just now, Gunther said:

Alright, so set aside your personal opinion on D-Class breaching for a second, and tell me with an open mind, Do you think making one class not allowed to breach SCPs, while lower leveled and more commonly used D-Class jobs having no restriction and fully able to do so, makes any sense, in terms of gameplay?

Its because they paid money for a rank and can now enjoy their perks

1 minute ago, Gunther said:

No, but adding another breaching role for D Class only makes the situation worse. The solution is to apply the ban to all D Class roles, not to allow the only one to turn bellyup too.

2 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

-support
I mean lore wise their expertise is escaping (hints the name escape artist). Also you would think that breaking into a containment cell would be different then escaping through keypad locked doors. It would require different knowledge to do so. 

I mean with that logic, how would D-Class have access to the keypad crackers in the first place? Also semi-serious RP server.

200.gif

42 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Again, my point stands, it makes no sense to single out a certain D-Class job and not allow it to be able to breach SCPs while other, "more commonly used D-Class jobs" can.

It does when its the ONLY non donator job that has a keypad cracker, I may be mistaken but im also pretty sure you have to donate to use the armory one

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

1 hour ago, Rangiatea said:

It does when its the ONLY non donator job that has a keypad cracker, I may be mistaken but im also pretty sure you have to donate to use the armory one

Yea, you do, its a Silver+ thing. 

200.gif

4 hours ago, Gunther said:

it seems ridiculous to single out a certain class to not be able to breach SCPs while other, "more commonly used D-Class jobs" can

The reason behind “singling one class out” is because it’s the only non-donator d-class job that has the ability to breach SCP’s. Yes a regular class-D could attempt to breach 049, but they don’t have a keypad cracker to do so. (Need to be a donor to get one in armory). 

4 hours ago, Gunther said:

therefore staff don't know about it or enforce it. It seems a little strange to start enforcing a rule that has never been acknowledged or added to the MOTD for all this time.

The rule has been acknowledged, I’ve enforced it and many other staff are aware of the rule. Whatever though, you are right we do need it in the MOTD. 

tldr: -support 

4 minutes ago, October said:

The reason behind “singling one class out” is because it’s the only non-donator d-class job that has the ability to breach SCP’s.

So you're saying the only reason the Donator Jobs/Donators are allowed to breach is cause they donated? That's ludicrous. That is literally definition of Pay to Win.

Edited by Gunther

200.gif

Just now, Gunther said:

So you're saying the only reason the Donator Jobs/Donators are allowed to breach is cause they donated? 

No, I’m simply stating the verdict by SMT when the class was originally added. I don’t intend to cause an argument, but I (as CI, not foundation) don’t like mass breaches and try to avoid doing mass breach raids because they’re annoying. I believe (I’m not SMT so I can’t confirm), but I believe that SMT shared this sentiment when they were allowing the creation of the class. Before this class was created you had to be a donor to escape, now you simply have to be level 30+. 

Furthermore, if a random d-class stumbles upon some SCP’s containment being opened he can hit the final button and let them out, but this server isn’t a TDM. Mass mass breaches (meaning consistent 24/7 mass breaches) turn this from an RP server into a TDM server. I personally don’t want that and I don’t think anyone wants it. 

(Here’s a short moot point): d-class wouldn’t have access to breaching SCP’s from an in RP perspective, but if we go with the assumption that they some how can, it wouldn’t make sense for their primary goal to be to breach monsters that can and will kill them. D-class, through testing, would have a vague understanding of what an SCP is and they’d understand that it’s some sort of monster, so I personally don’t think they should be allowed to mass-breach in general. 

3 hours ago, Ritz said:

-Support

Exactly lol