FG-42 Nerf - Denied

Jakub

What you want to see? -  The fg-42 lmg nerfed.

Why should we add it? - The gun does 450 Damage Per Second and kills everything in its way with 1 mag. (38 × 0.8 × 900 ÷ 60)

the firerate should be lowered to 650 lowering the dps to 320

What are the advantages of having this? - the weapon is more balanced

Who is it mainly for? - everyone

Links to any content - 

odley30q.png

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

-Support, the FG42 is no more OP then other weapons like the Ares Shrike, and the only classes who have it are SF.

Okay so, after the tick rate changes this becomes a Huge -Support, as the FG got hit rather hard by it, and its RPM dropped.

Edited by Falxen

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

See the Issue I have with this is the fact that 1. Only one class has this gun and Im pretty sure it isn't even allowed on CC's. 2nd. It will make the firerate Worse than the HK and 3rd. The fire rate makes up for range that the gun doesn't have. Also if we are talking about a gun being OP and needing a nerf is the fact that you are trying to make an AR. Remember an Assault Rifle Better than a LMG. An AR having a faster fire rate, have better range, and a better DPS overall? The FG-42 already has Recoil Issues it doesn't need a fire rate nerf as well..

Edited by ReZVoRtEx24

• Manager

- Support

My understanding from what the one job that it is on, is it is supposed to be the strongest class in MTF, and the DPS makes up for the terrible range. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

OK so first off stop arguing (that means you @ReZVoRtEx24) anyways I'm going to +/- support this with a possible change that would allow the FG-42 to stay as a unique LMG, and not conform to every other LMG as a sustain weapon. The FG-42 is currently a BURST weapon. High DPS that doesn't last long. A more proper nerf that would keep it as a burst weapon would be a magazine size nerf to 15, meaning you have to be more strategical with your fire.

Edited by Giovanni
  • Like 1

Retired E11 CMDR | Retired Admin | CI CPT |  Event Team Member

Please stop arguing.

+/- Support, while DPS could be tuned down a little, it isn't game/balance breaking.

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

-/+ Support 

The FG42 is technically built to serve as an LMG, instead it is only chambered in a 20 bullet magazine. I don't see an issue with this. The HK416 is just as strong and it's only an Assault-Rifle. Plus, the fact that Cold Silver are one of the most elite MTF Special Forces, this makes sense why they get a good LMG.

Edited by TG_Kilo

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

||Omi9|| E11 PFC || CI RND Researcher ||

1 hour ago, Mr. February said:

- Support

My understanding from what the one job that it is on, is it is supposed to be the strongest class in MTF, and the DPS makes up for the terrible range. 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

-support

low ammo count in mag with weird reload

miss for a 'second' or be misdirected for a 'second' and at 900 rounds per min you lose 15 of the 20 bullets in the mag.

How to beat an FG-42? Crouch jump or use a gun with a bigger mag which is literally all other most used guns.

Also, lowering ammo to 15 means it takes a second to lose a whole mag and get shit on, effectively killing the guns use more drastically than you can think. (Reducing ammo count in a mag to 15 also just doesnt make sense, yes nerf damage or whatever but a mag is a real aspect that should never be touched.)

Edited by Da da da

On 5/13/2020 at 3:51 PM, Jakub said:

because its an ar it doesn't mean it needs to have the exact same stats as every other ar.

because its an lmg it doesn't mean it needs to have the exact same stats as every other lmg.

because its an smg it doesn't mean it needs to have the exact same stats as every other smg.

• Like 2

lol, lmao even

19 hours ago, Giovanni said:

OK so first off stop arguing (that means you @ReZVoRtEx24) anyways I'm going to +/- support this with a possible change that would allow the FG-42 to stay as a unique LMG, and not conform to every other LMG as a sustain weapon. The FG-42 is currently a BURST weapon. High DPS that doesn't last long. A more proper nerf that would keep it as a burst weapon would be a magazine size nerf to 15, meaning you have to be more strategical with your fire.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

-Support to me the weapon seems alright where it is, honestly I think the only reason this was made is because it's one of  the few weapons that stand a good chance against CI

• Like 1

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

I was on after the tick rate change restart. The FG42 fire rate has decreased a lot and is almost at the exact fire rate you requested due to the tick rate change.

-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

-support. 

12 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

I was on after the tick rate change restart. The FG42 fire rate has decreased a lot and is almost at the exact fire rate you requested due to the tick rate change.

-Support

The old E11 CMDR Jay