Change Tranquilizers to 15 seconds - Accepted

OWNED

What you want to see? - The tranquilizer effect timer is roughly around 30 seconds or so before SCPs like 939 and 682 go down when hit, the big problem with this is that its more than enough time for them to run away and hide before they go down and wait out the idle timer or kill you before the tranquilizer takes effect, making the jobs such as E-11 and Omni9 way more frustrating than they have to be, especially with 682 considering he goes invisible when tranqed so he can just run off before it takes effect and wait his idle timer out. So I'd like to see a lower effect time on the tranquilizers so that the MTF actually have a chance to chase after them before they get too far away and make the job less tedious for the MTF while still make it fair for the SCPs to have a chance at getting away.

Why should we add it?- I've seen many people flag off of jobs like E-11 because when there are mass breaches because of how they are constantly dying because a SCP they tranqed just bum rushes them, even when you are on the other side of the hall because the tranq takes so long to take effect.

Advantages of having this?- This just gives MTF jobs a better chance at containing SCPs that need to be tranqed like 682 and 939, especially when they are breach out at the same time.

mainly for: All MTF branches( Nu-7, Omni9, and E11)

Edited by Øwnęd-RIP RickMay
grammatical mistakes
  • Like 1

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

4 minutes ago, Harry S. Plinkett said:

I thought SCPs had to stay still when theyre tranqed regardless?

1 minute ago, Protoss said:

Well, after they fall asleep to which people have 10 seconds to cuff the SCP before it can move again

Yes, but this only lasts 15 seconds, The issue is that because it takes 30 seconds for the tranq to start working on the SCP and knock him out. This allows them to either run away or kill the one who tranqed them. And most SCP players will recognize the sound of the Tranq and know when to start running. If this time was shortened to say 15 seconds, this would be less of an issue.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

Hello Falxen,

I would support this pretty nicely. SCPS that know they've been hit with a tranq will immediately bolt off in the opposite direction and in the case of 682 this is frustrating when they run away. Special mention goes to the annoying 939s that move at lightspeed through the foundation. If they are tranq'd and not tracked they will be able to hide and get away easily due to their speed. Its super annoying to deal with when these scps normally wouldn't run away when tranq'd due to not having any idea they have been.

+support in decreasing time till the tranq works.

2 hours ago, Matricies said:

Hello Falxen,

I would support this pretty nicely. SCPS that know they've been hit with a tranq will immediately bolt off in the opposite direction and in the case of 682 this is frustrating when they run away. Special mention goes to the annoying 939s that move at lightspeed through the foundation. If they are tranq'd and not tracked they will be able to hide and get away easily due to their speed. Its super annoying to deal with when these scps normally wouldn't run away when tranq'd due to not having any idea they have been.

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

2 hours ago, Matricies said:

Hello Falxen,

Or we could make it to where running and hiding in some room is FailRP cause how would 939 know it was tranq'd when it can't see what hit it.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

-support leave the tranq time as is, hasn't been a problem in the past. 

this is a direct nerf to all scps that are tranqable, if you want this lowered then something should be raised for scps like their hp so that the balance on the server remains, not so long ago scps received a slight buff and now you wanna nerf them again.

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

+Support  Two things to consider. You typically deal 300 HP at the tops to 682 before dying as MTF making you wait the NLR (3 minutes), and if you do die, you can't report back that you tranq'ed him and where he was last seen. Second, they can just run away and go invisible until they are able to move again.

+Support , Tryin to chase down a 939 with his Mach 5 speed or a 682 hiding ina closet , the reduced tranq timer would be lovely

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine