Escape Artist Clarification - Accepted

Weiss

• Head Admin

What you want to see? -  An update to the motd and/or job description clarifying  D-Class escape artists may not breach SCP's.

Why should we add it? - Whilst it has long been known as an unstated rule escape artists cannot breach SCPs. There has been no direct statement located in the job description or MOTD.
Whilst some may state the description already implies this; Does it really? "Unlike your fellow D-Class you have been able to secure a keypad cracker, enabling you to get through checkpoints with ease."
The statement of "enabling  you to get through checkpoints with ease."  is certainly up for interpretation nor does it sufficiently imply they are barred from cracking these CC's. 

What are the advantages of having this? - This will clear up any potential misconceptions on this rule. As well as serve to make this rule more known.

Who is it mainly for? - Staff,  D-Class

Links to any content - N/A

47 minutes ago, Your Local Soviet said:

+Support

For obvious reasons.

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

4 hours ago, Your Local Soviet said:

+Support

For obvious reasons.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

6 hours ago, Your Local Soviet said:

+Support

For obvious reasons.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

1 hour ago, Protoss said:

So nobody agrees that a regular non donor D Class should have the power to cause chaos in the facility as much as a donor would?

It’s the rules on escape artist. It’s already an existing rule he’s just asking for it to be explicitly stated in the MOTD. 

16 minutes ago, October said:

It’s the rules on escape artist. It’s already an existing rule he’s just asking for it to be explicitly stated in the MOTD. 

Lets give D Class the right they deserve then!  Also it not being written in the MOTD itself kinda means it was not a rule to begin with as people like me would take advantage of how easy it is to breach SCPs and say "939 benefits my escape plan". 

28 minutes ago, Protoss said:

Lets give D Class the right they deserve then!  Also it not being written in the MOTD itself kinda means it was not a rule to begin with as people like me would take advantage of how easy it is to breach SCPs and say "939 benefits my escape plan". 

No it’s been a rule since the creation of the class. The excuse “it’s not in the MOTD” doesn’t mean it’s not a rule, sir.

Anyways 939 breaches are boring lol. 

Imma be honest, I've never heard of any rule where D-Class can't breach SCPs. I've done it since I've played the server. Its always been a distraction tool to buy me and the boys some time while we escape through EZ, its not always a smart plan to do it, but it works.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

1 hour ago, Protoss said:

people like me would take advantage of how easy it is to breach SCPs and say "939 benefits my escape plan".

You DO know that SCPs can't team with D-Class right? Because that's what it sounds like in this sentence. So he can't really benefit your plan if 939 is supposed to treat all non-SCP humanoids equally and kill anyone without prejudice.

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

||Omi9|| E11 PFC || CI RND Researcher ||

12 hours ago, Weiss said:

An update to the motd and/or job description clarifying  D-Class escape artists may not breach SCP's.

-Support Since D-Class have done this for the longest time, at least a year, and because no rule has stated this in MOTD or description for this long, I'd say it makes no sense to start enforcing it now, I'd say remove the "rule" altogether. Edit: I don't know if its just Pro D Class that can breach SCPs or if its all D-Class, but its all D-Class then my opinion stands.

2 minutes ago, TG_Kilo said:

You DO know that SCPs can't team with D-Class right?

Yea, he's not teaming per se, he's saying if he breaches 939, he can't die to gunfire because that would risk MTF's lives, so he can just sneak away while MTF deal with 939.

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

10 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Edit: I don't know if its just Pro D Class that can breach SCPs or if its all D-Class, but its all D-Class then my opinion stands.

The only d-class job unable to breach SCP’s is the “d-class escape artist” and Weiss simply wants that explicitly stated in the MOTD. 

He’s not suggesting a new server rule. 

21 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Yea, he's not teaming per se, he's saying if he breaches 939, he can't die to gunfire because that would risk MTF's lives, so he can just sneak away while MTF deal with 939.

Someone sees what I mean by using an SCP breach as part of your escape plan like an escape artistBut yeah, say if it is made clear escape artists really really can't breach SCPs. It does kinda restrict options for D Class that forces them to wait to be lvl 30 to finally either go through medbay or non medbay cp on their own and hope they don't encounter a squad of MTF. 

Which is why it may not be a good idea in my opinion that this rule is made

Solo escaping D Class should have the options to help them quell an MTF squad being using an SCP to distract them

5 hours ago, October said:

The only d-class job unable to breach SCP’s is the “d-class escape artist” and Weiss simply wants that explicitly stated in the MOTD. 

He’s not suggesting a new server rule. 

Honestly, what's the difference if a Pro-Class breaches or if a Escape Artist breaches? To me, this seems like a pointless rule to start enforcing, because you can still buy the Keypad Cracker from the armory (I think, don't quote me on that) so at that point any D-Class can become an Escape Artist. I think it would make more sense that EA's can only breach Euclid and Pro's can breach Keter, since Pro has a more advanced and stronger key cracker, though that might be hard to enforce.

200.gif