Upper-D-Block Suggestion (Removal of Secondary Barricade) - Accepted

Bet

What you want to see? - I would like to see that the secondary purple barricade is removed in Upper-D-Block.

Why should we add it? - The only purpose the barricade serves is to allow Class-D to use their overpowered guns  to rain hell upon the OFCs and other personnel within Upper-D-Block. Such incidents include Lovebabes sniping/peaking non-stop, Reznov's with their op aim, and Class-D that have access to the Falconer. It should be removed so that newly trained and older Security don't get discouraged because they continue to die from a threat that never ends even if we neutralise the threat or retake the barricade. After 30 minutes of non-stop fighting from across Upper-D-Block Security has been forced to pull out and use Riot Protocol for the longest I've seen, 30 minutes minimum. (10 seconds minimum if the god squad Coldsilvers flagup) Also many Security just don't get on because they know how bad D-Block gets when certain jobs are active.

What are the advantages of having this? - Increase of activity and moral of General Security and a more balanced stance with the constant firefights we now have with Class-D and the Custom Jobs.

Who is it mainly for? - General Security but the whole Site will benefit since Security will be able to handle D-Block effectively again.

Links to any content - N/A

Comment: I spoke to an NCO and we both thought that the reintegration of the D-Block cafeteria would a good filler for the area so it isn't just blank and empty, or maybe an area to lounge for the Class-D.

+/-Support

I think something should be over there but not that "op"

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

+Support, there's no real reasoning for that barricade to be there.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

Hello bet,

The original intention of the barricade was actually to serve as a counter to people camping on the other side of the elevator.  There is an area behind the walls that you can and have crouched behind before where you can pop out for a second, take a few shots and crouch back down. It is a good idea in theory and when theres a lot of security on, it can prevent a lot of sniping incidents. But the problem is, is that D-class often use it just as well as GENSEC and that results in them being able to better snipe people then the elevator walls alone. Not to mention because you can't kill any D-class until they get past the red line, they often just walk up to it wait until your distracted or just run across it because they can get to you inhalf a second and start the killing.

Since D-class have realized this, groups of CC D-class and even regular D-class jobs have been abusing the hell out of it to snipe with the falcon (which I really do not like on D class) or other various pistol weaponry and often just abuse any GENSEC behind the barricade because the red line does not extend FAR enough away from the barricade to give people time to react. I think if the red lines zone was increased, this would serve a better purpose but all it does right now is let D-class get way to close for anyone behind it to defend it properly and split GENSECs numbers in D block.

+/- support, its useful but it needs to be implemented in a more useful way. I think increasing the red lines zone of influence would help with this but it otherwise helps D class more then it helps GENSEC in non-peak times.

Edited by Matricies
  • Like 3

Could someone post a screenshot of what hes talking about before i + or - support on this , i have a vague idea what he means on the barricade

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

20 hours ago, Kommunistic said:

Could someone post a screenshot of what hes talking about before i + or - support on this , i have a vague idea what he means on the barricade

They mean the purple barricade in the far back corner. 

-/+Support, we need this barricade as it provides a great place in preparation against CI, but it becomes a pain in the ass trying to kill D-Class who get back there. If we can make the Barricade thinner, and easier to deal with, then I'm all for it.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+Support  the purple back Barricades serve really no purpous an sniper team usually dies to quick

Edited by Kommunistic

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine