Security Addon. - Denied

Noahno08

What you want to see? -  I want to see a security system set up  so when people break in it alerts the police and alerts the home owner that someone got in the house.

Why should we add it? -  It would make the server more relistic to real life and gives the home owner a chance to protect them self. It just gives overall a better RP experience and make Raiding and  Basing more fun.

What are the advantages of having this? -  Better RP,  Raiding and Basing more fun. Easy and quick set up. Gives TAC or PD along with the baser and the raider a advantage.

Who is it mainly for? - Criminals, Bases, Bank Vault When Bankers Are Online.

Links to any content -  https://www.gmodstore.com/market/view/5848

Edited by Noahno08
  • Thanks 1

- Support 

Although this looks good, it wouldn't work for a server like ours due to a big player base. This will only cause lag.

Furthermore home owners can call the police if needed and this would also defeat the purpose on raiding without being caught. Not every house robbery in real life turns out to a death battle. 

• Like 1

PoliceRP Manager

-Support

Good Idea and all, but server just cant handle much of this, the scripts would be to hard on the server, love the idea of this but sorry, too much lag already

-Zealous

• Like 1

"This is exactly how I wanted to spend my night, endlessly spinning in circles while dancing" -Blackbeard Omi9 CMDR
SM in PD / LCPL in DS / SNR SA in FBI / OFC in SCU

+ support I see this on servers what have more than our player base and barley no lag 

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

14 hours ago, EternityAgar said:

- Support 

Although this looks good, it wouldn't work for a server like ours due to a big player base. This will only cause lag.

Furthermore home owners can call the police if needed and this would also defeat the purpose on raiding without being caught. Not every house robbery in real life turns out to a death battle. 

spacer.png

-Support

I can already imagine the immense lag it would cause on top of the already existing lag. I also agree with what Eternity said regarding raiding issues.

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

17 hours ago, EternityAgar said:

- Support 

Sorry i just cant see where this would be utilized in the server

Banner.jpg

17 hours ago, EternityAgar said:

- Support 

Signature.png

On 5/26/2020 at 10:04 AM, EternityAgar said:

- Support 

I agree with Eternity on this suggestion.

spacer.png

• Head Admin
On 5/26/2020 at 10:04 AM, EternityAgar said:

- Support 

Easy way to do this is set up cameras and check them when you see a raid advert.. Either way, it looks like a cool addon but really isn't necessary.

Forklift_Signature.png

Despite other opinions I just feel like this is not necessary for PoliceRP. I feel like this will not help the server. 

-Support

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

+support

seems like a great idea, and i dont think it'd cause much lag, correct me if i'm wrong.
and idk, maybe adding a way to disable the security system so it's more fair would solve the raiding issues
overall this should have imo been added a long time ago, plus i feel like basing needs a bit more uniqueness.

might be a furry but might also not be

On 5/26/2020 at 4:04 PM, EternityAgar said:

- Support 

"When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor. " - Elon Musk

On 5/26/2020 at 9:04 AM, EternityAgar said:

- Support 

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor