Buff the knives speed back to normal - Denied

Blarg

On 5/26/2020 at 1:52 PM, Sinnik said:

-Support

I get it. You paid for something, you want it to be good. I totally understand that feeling, 100%. I bought two knives myself. Part of me wants them to be great too. But numbers don't lie, and server activity / server longevity, in my opinion, is far more important than a strong weapon. 

Apologies to SMT if I overstep any sort of boundary by saying and posting this, but I think this is irrefutable proof that the knives were not good for us, and that nerfing them was a great decision from SMT. Here is a chart taken from SCPRP's gametracker site. It tracks our server rank over the last 30 days. 

4fffaaeb48b27e55ef19b1828141e1cf.png.00cdbc2965e2eb1772ecb1dac8cf5fe1.png

Knives were released on 4/24/20, approximately 32 days ago. That's when the server began to take a dip in rank. It continued on a downward trend until approximately six days ago. The knives were nerfed seven days ago, on 5/19.  The server is coming back to it's original activity, and I think we need to celebrate that. Not go back to what caused the dip in the first place. 

244216482_CyberpunkForumsSignature.gif.74e8ba02c98f1a8de8ee35a6502ecc8d.gif

[SCP-RP] - Retired Deputy Head of Security | Joined 3/13/20, Left 9/13/20 

On 5/26/2020 at 9:52 PM, Sinnik said:

-Support

I get it. You paid for something, you want it to be good. I totally understand that feeling, 100%. I bought two knives myself. Part of me wants them to be great too. But numbers don't lie, and server activity / server longevity, in my opinion, is far more important than a strong weapon. 

Apologies to SMT if I overstep any sort of boundary by saying and posting this, but I think this is irrefutable proof that the knives were not good for us, and that nerfing them was a great decision from SMT. Here is a chart taken from SCPRP's gametracker site. It tracks our server rank over the last 30 days. 

Knives were released on 4/24/20, approximately 32 days ago. That's when the server began to take a dip in rank. It continued on a downward trend until approximately six days ago. The knives were nerfed seven days ago, on 5/19.  The server is coming back to it's original activity, and I think we need to celebrate that. Not go back to what caused the dip in the first place. 

The chances of this just being a coincidence seems extremely low to me considering that the knives got added and then nerfed literally days apart from the server losing its rank

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

On 5/26/2020 at 4:52 PM, Sinnik said:

-Support

Another thing, I've seen people still manage to kill a lot of Gensec, including a Juggernaut with the current knife. Also, the knife was so good before the nerf that it actually made Gensec rage-quit. . . Also, isn't there a glitch that can one shot Gensec? One last thing, one person with a melee weapon shouldn't do that much damage as it had done before. If you are going to try and riot, then go gather more D-Class who have knives and riot together. Literally nothing against working together as Class-D, instead most knife users who main Class-D wish to be strong by themselves. No offense. . .

Edited by TG_Kilo

"L’Eggo My Eggo"

||Omi9|| E11 PFC || CI RND Researcher ||

On 5/26/2020 at 4:52 PM, Sinnik said:

-Support

No

"This is exactly how I wanted to spend my night, endlessly spinning in circles while dancing" -Blackbeard Omi9 CMDR
SM in PD / LCPL in DS / SNR SA in FBI / OFC in SCU

On 5/26/2020 at 8:48 AM, Jack II said:

- support

Server pops been way higher ever since the nerf. keep it that way

On 5/26/2020 at 1:52 PM, Sinnik said:

-Support

Hard to argue with statistics. 

-Support

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

Gonna be honest, last weekend was the best weekend I've had in a heck of a long time. Self breaches lasted to midnight (EST based),  Gensec was on and active, RP wasn't dead limited due to constant riots. I may be biased but I actually liked the sense of normality returning to what we had earlier this year.

And I'm gonna be frank, very few here are thinking about Gensec. Very few are asking how they feel. If I recall correctly to a passing conversation about a meeting, it was overwhelmingly agreed by non-command that the knives were killing their activity.

I get both sides. Nobody likes losing. Nobody likes what they put their money on go worthless. But something had to be done so that Gensec doesn't feel worthless and dedicated D-Class aren't in a constant partial lockdown 12 hours out of the day. Cause I would absolutely hate to see that happen.

And Sinnik is right about the data. It shows... heavily. The past month I have never seen morale so low.

-Support cause I think it's time to put this all to rest.

On 5/26/2020 at 12:17 AM, October said:

+/- support

while I don’t believe it should be buffed as far as back to how it was originally, I do agree that it was overly nerfed and agree it should be buffed to around 80% of what it was originally. 

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Gonna be honest, last weekend was the best weekend I've had in a heck of a long time. Self breaches lasted to midnight (EST based),  Gensec was on and active, RP wasn't dead limited due to constant riots. I may be biased but I actually liked the sense of normality returning to what we had earlier this year.

And I'm gonna be frank, very few here are thinking about Gensec. Very few are asking how they feel. If I recall correctly to a passing conversation about a meeting, it was overwhelmingly agreed by non-command that the knives were killing their activity.

I get both sides. Nobody likes losing. Nobody likes what they put their money on go worthless. But something had to be done so that Gensec doesn't feel worthless and dedicated D-Class aren't in a constant partial lockdown 12 hours out of the day. Cause I would absolutely hate to see that happen.

And Sinnik is right about the data. It shows... heavily. The past month I have never seen morale so low.

-Support cause I think it's time to put this all to rest.

Very well said.

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

-Support speed was the biggest problem before and thats why some gensec quit so no

MTF Nu7 Major || E11 1LT || Old CI SGT || Ret.LeadResearcher ||

|| RHO-36 Penumbra Squad ||  || Mikes Favorite Son || OH3 RRH ||

+/- support
I have to agree that ever since the knife nerf, server activity boomed, but, the knifes are now beyond useless, and i believe that an item you buy from the store, should not be useless

"The first draft of everything is Shit" - Ernest Hemingway

imo, the knives should be buffed. I do understand the problem with gensec and knives so I have two suggestions. First being, buff them back to a bit weaker than their original stats, but restrict them so they can't be used on dclass like some other donator weapons. Another way to do it is to make it more of a stealth weapon, kinda like spys knife from tf2. Keep the current speed, nerf the damage, but make it do a large amount of damage from behind. While I didn't donate for a knife, I feel like those that should should be given a usable weapon. I think by doing this, we can avoid the large dip in player numbers.

Edited by oscar.hollingsoworth2

On 5/26/2020 at 11:48 AM, Jack II said:

- support

Server pops been way higher ever since the nerf. keep it that way

thats not because of the knives, FInals , and Schools just finished for the year for most players. Also its the start of the summer ,of course were gonna see more players
Also +/- Support, While the Knives do need to be brought back to where they once were, The left click backstab should do 50-60 damage  not 80-90 and the right click is fine.

Current : 
Former : Nu7 COL, HSU Founder (I wrote the SOP so I'm very important clearly), Nu7 MAJ x 2, E11 2LT, SCP Senior Mod, TTT SA, JvS Admin, TS Support 3,  HSU Commissar (💀), RRH Guardian 01
 default_8be418cb-c616-4f46-8ad7-5070b0e81aec_2.jpg.60c85fe9470c071c4e72b026f7a76494.jpg

2 hours ago, fazfan1987 said:

+/- support
I have to agree that ever since the knife nerf, server activity boomed, but, the knifes are now beyond useless, and i believe that an item you buy from the store, should not be useless

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

On 5/26/2020 at 12:37 PM, Neo said:

People begged and struggled to get the knives nerfed.
Now we want them back.

I mean if you want to look at all the data, another large reason for the dip in players was because of the minecraft launch but take that as you will. I belive that for the time being the knives should stay the same, and maybe in the future receive a damage buff.

big cat running GIF