Buff the knives speed back to normal - Denied

Blarg

What you want to see? - The knives speed back to normal and to balance out the speed being back  nerf the damage again if needed

Why should we add it? - The knives are way to slow now and leave them pretty much unusable. With the speed of the knives the way they are now you can get maybe two hits in before dying.

What are the advantages of having this? - The CSGO knives being actually usable again in return of some damage reeduction to balance out the speed coming back to normal

Who is it mainly for? - people with CSGO Knives

Links to any content - N/a

SCPRP Former Head Of Medical Staff | "I was hom" | PhD in botching surgeries
ImperialRP Former 69th Medical Corps Senior Commander and Former Commander "What do you mean the patient needs to have a spine to survive?"-Some researcher (probably)  Former ImperialRP Senior Admin
CERTIFIED MEDIC MAIN

+/- support

while I don’t believe it should be buffed as far as back to how it was originally, I do agree that it was overly nerfed and agree it should be buffed to around 80% of what it was originally. 

+/-Support

I wouldn't make it the exact same speed again, but the melee speed does need to be improved.

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

33 minutes ago, Your Local Soviet said:

+/-Support

I wouldn't make it the exact same speed again, but the melee speed does need to be improved.

Ex MTF Alpha 1 Captain 

+Support, the speed is now so slow they are near useless, i'd rather have a low DMG weapon that is usable then this.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

52 minutes ago, Falxen said:

+Support, the speed is now so slow they are near useless, i'd rather have a low DMG weapon that is usable then this.

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

1 hour ago, Falxen said:

Its almost useless now

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

22 minutes ago, Jack II said:

- support

Server pops been way higher ever since the nerf. keep it that way

I would disagree with you, I don’t think the two are related, I think it’s correlation not causation. Also, the knife was nerfed beyond belief and is now useless, so it needs a buff.

+/- support

I wouldn’t want them to be the Meta again, because they rendered every other melee weapon absolutely useless before the nerf.

Ret. Security Colonel || Ret. Head Warden || D-Class High Council || Former MTF Alpha 1 'Red Right Hand' Juliette 69             

6 minutes ago, Neo said:

People begged and struggled to get the knives nerfed.
Now we want them back.
But yeah the knives are trash now.

Honestly i don't want to see another knife meta

also what booble said lmao

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

+/-Support

They are trash now so I think they kinda need a buff but at the same time GenSec activty improved when the knives were nerfed soooo

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, Sinnik said:

-Support

I get it. You paid for something, you want it to be good. I totally understand that feeling, 100%. I bought two knives myself. Part of me wants them to be great too. But numbers don't lie, and server activity / server longevity,  in my opinion, is far more important than a strong weapon. 

Apologies to SMT if I overstep any sort of boundary by saying and posting this, but I think this is irrefutable proof that the knives were not good for us, and that nerfing them was a great decision from SMT. Here is a chart taken from SCPRP's gametracker site. It tracks our server rank over the last 30 days. 

4fffaaeb48b27e55ef19b1828141e1cf.png.00cdbc2965e2eb1772ecb1dac8cf5fe1.png

Knives were released on 4/24/20, approximately 32 days ago. That's when the server began to take a dip in rank. It continued on a downward trend until approximately six days ago. The knives were nerfed seven days ago, on 5/19.  The server is coming back to it's original activity, and I think we need to celebrate that. Not go back to what caused the dip in the first place. 

After seeing the graph, I'm changing to -support

Edited by CreameyCheesey

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

9 minutes ago, Sinnik said:

-Support

I get it. You paid for something, you want it to be good. I totally understand that feeling, 100%. I bought two knives myself. Part of me wants them to be great too. But numbers don't lie, and server activity / server longevity, in my opinion, is far more important than a strong weapon. 

Apologies to SMT if I overstep any sort of boundary by saying and posting this, but I think this is irrefutable proof that the knives were not good for us, and that nerfing them was a great decision from SMT. Here is a chart taken from SCPRP's gametracker site. It tracks our server rank over the last 30 days. 

Knives were released on 4/24/20, approximately 32 days ago. That's when the server began to take a dip in rank. It continued on a downward trend until approximately six days ago. The knives were nerfed seven days ago, on 5/19.  The server is coming back to it's original activity, and I think we need to celebrate that. Not go back to what caused the dip in the first place. 

-Support

Edited by MiniLeopard

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

11 minutes ago, Sinnik said:

-Support

I get it. You paid for something, you want it to be good. I totally understand that feeling, 100%. I bought two knives myself. Part of me wants them to be great too. But numbers don't lie, and server activity / server longevity,  in my opinion, is far more important than a strong weapon. 

16 minutes ago, Sinnik said:

-Support

I get it. You paid for something, you want it to be good. I totally understand that feeling, 100%. I bought two knives myself. Part of me wants them to be great too. But numbers don't lie, and server activity / server longevity, in my opinion, is far more important than a strong weapon. 

Rejected from the gaminglight community

56 minutes ago, Sinnik said:

-Support

-Support , Knifes destroyed the server an litterally ALL of gensec player base, even the vets, It was unplayable

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

+support
Besides every other melee on the server being nerfed (some for good reasons but some for no reason). I believe the knife was at a good point before the latest nerf, it makes it unplayable and if this keeps going what would be the point of buying new weapons if their gona get nerfed a few days after and be unusable. Also who said it's correlated to the knife. It could just be a huge coincidence that it occured like that. I still believe that it should be added back, and I would be more than fine with the damaged being nerfed if the rate of fire is increased. The chart is good evidence but no strict correlation between the both and in my opinion no valid evidence against this being denied.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

On 5/26/2020 at 3:41 AM, Falxen said:

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"