Change /foundation to /f - Accepted

Curtis

• Manager

What you want to see? -  Change /foundation to be /f to make things quicker, for me typing /advert [F] is quicker than typing /foundation, and I see a lot of the time people don't spell it correctly. Or have both to have a secondary option to do it. 

Why should we add it? - it will allow foundation personnel to be able to type in foundation comms if SCPs breach and things like that, we have it for all the other branches, we don't have e11 do /epsilon11 or ci do /chaosinsurgency or MTF do /mobiletaskforce.

What are the advantages of having this? - I feel if this was changed it would make comms easier, and encourage more to do /f or /foundation instead of  /advert [F]. It is better for everyone and fair to everyone because why stop everyone from doing /f when mtf and ci and everyone has shorter things compared to /foundation. 

Who is it mainly for? - All foundation personnel.

Links to any content - N/A

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

I could've sworn there's a command staff uses that starts with /f, we used to have it as /f but the command conflicted with it so it had to be lengthened, I just can't remember off the top of my head what it is.

lol, lmao even

• Manager
1 hour ago, Bread said:

I could've sworn there's a command staff uses that starts with /f, we used to have it as /f but the command conflicted with it so it had to be lengthened, I just can't remember off the top of my head what it is.

If so then maybe a /fd or something like that, for foundation, but I know I tried it in game nothing happened. but possibly its because I am a Moderator. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

/freerpname
/forcerpname
The commands will be more difficult to use if it's set to /f, I believe.

( I remember doing /forcerpname, and it would be something like Foundation: orcerpname)

Edited by Bread

lol, lmao even

1 hour ago, Bread said:

/freerpname
/forcerpname
The commands will be more difficult to use if it's set to /f, I believe.

( I remember doing /forcerpname, and it would be something like Foundation: orcerpname)

wouldn't the continuation of typing cause it to stop the /foundation command
because rn it doesn't make l /foundationFUCK CI ARE HERE DEFCON 3 PLEASE GOD HELP l do [Foundation Comms] FUCK CI ARE HERE DEFCON 3 PLEASE GOD HELP. It does what you said just near you

+Support

bro pls, also can we tweak the job commands for the mtf jobs so it's possible to get onto the mtf jobs utilizing binds

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

3 hours ago, Mr. February said:

If so then maybe a /fd or something like that, for foundation, but I know I tried it in game nothing happened. but possibly its because I am a Moderator. 

/fd would be better. This way staff would still be able to do /forecerpname and etc.

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

+Support, having it changed is worth the confusion it'll cause on the short term.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

13 hours ago, Starstep said:

+Support  Why don't we have it if we have it for other branches? It would make reporting things easier.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+Support

They should make all of them shorter if possible

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

+Support, Sometimes trying to do /foundation gets you killed super quick ina pinch 

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine