SCP-049 Self-Breach change - Accepted

Harry S. Plinkett

I think we can all agree that 049 is probably the worst Euclid in a breach situation. Recontainment takes about two seconds and the self-breach process is hindered by the amount of time it takes to breach his doors. Compare this to 106, who breaches in 20mins. 

Instances of 049-2 are SUPPOSED to assist in the self breach process, however are almost always terminated after being brought to 049, making the rule so moot as to be non-applicable. Without 049-2 (which is what more or less always happens), it takes about 35 minutes to breach. Why does 106, the most dangerous role to play, only take 20? Now it makes sense lore-wise, but we also have to think about balance and making it fun for players.

I was lucky the other night to have an amazing 049-2 that was able to terminate MTF in my CC (albeit one of them threw a grenade at themselves and TKed the whole squad), and was able to get me out of my first door, two minutes later MTF started loitering around my door. After realizing camping was against the rules, they just walked in, and that was that. Reset time.

Even with the MOST GRIEVOUS display of containment error, 049 was not able to breach. FearRP (which barely even applies in lore as he, quite frankly cannot die) aside, what does that do for balance? Besides for roleplay, 049 might as well just not exist. Even after getting breached by CI, I was RCed in two minutes by a chimp with a shotgun and a mallcop.

So, since he is basically the easiest to RC in the server, and 049-2 instances basically don't exist due to termination, I'm going to ask that self breaching is in some way hastened. Be that doors are broken in counts of 40% instead of 25% (compare that to other euclids like 173 that breach in counts of 50% with only even one door to go through, essentially breaching in 17 minutes), or change the recontainment procedure in some way that makes at least a bit more balance sense.

As of now, there is no reason to breach as 049, and it shows. 

I'm open to tweaking the idea, of course. It just bothers me to see an immortal man who can kill people by touching them turn into a sniveling fool thats stuck in a loop of breaching once an hour due to NLR, turning into a crybaby because of guns that pose no threat to him, and then being RCed to start over again. How is that fun for anyone? How is that even fun for MTF?? 

TL;DR

What you want to see? -  049 Self breach changed to be a bit more balanced

Why should we add it? - Correct issues and keep 049 from being essentially useless

What are the advantages of having this? - Gives 049 an actual chance and creates less standard situations for MTF, essentially adding flavor and variety instead of just pointing a gun and saying "lol fearrp go back to cell"

Who is it mainly for? - 049, MTF

Edited by Harry S. Plinkett

From my experiance most of the time MTF are traveling in ones or twos when traveling or patrolling HCZ. If you just bump the fearrp requirment to 3 instead of 2 you'd probably give 049 a way better chance. Plus doing door ambushes aremuch easier since you can  easily rush two people threw the door before he can infect one and place him under fearrp.

22 minutes ago, [GL] Jack said:

From my experiance most of the time MTF are traveling in ones or twos when traveling or patrolling HCZ. If you just bump the fearrp requirment to 3 instead of 2 you'd probably give 049 a way better chance. Plus doing door ambushes aremuch easier since you can  easily rush two people threw the door before he can infect one and place him under fearrp.

That's an interesting suggestion, I still think something should be done about the sheer amount of time it takes to breach though, because over a half an hour is just preposterous.

+support

Kinda been thinking about how unfair, long and unlucky this SCP is. One of the only ways this SCP can actually do anything is if you get some guy on his own off the bat.  Killing 049-2 has only gotten easier as branch updates move forward and there was a time I could say 'Take a few people to kill the 049-2' now I can trust someone do it on their own.

My opinions on what should change:

FearRP up'd to 3 (An SCP who KNOWS he wont be killed as he is valuable should be able to call bluff to regular fearrp rules)

Swep cooldown reduction to 40 - 30 seconds (A min for an 049-2 that can get obliterated in this time a quarter of the time if lucky)

Breach timer lowered to 20 mins

It is common phrase now in MTF to say that 'Oh don't worry, the SCP that is breached is only 049.'

Edited by Da da da

32 minutes ago, Propane said:

-/+ support

049's self breaching should take maybe less time

If 2 MTF fearrp you, then one pulls out cuffs, you are no longer under fearrp

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

+Support
I've seen the Doc get angry

When he doesn't get his D-Class, he should be able to make a certain amount of 049-2's before becoming calm (lets say 3-5). When he is NOT calm, or "Furious", FearRP should not apply. This makes him a huge threat.. because you cant shoot him (FailRP), so you'll just have to run away from him or persuade to get him the certain amount D-Class he needs to calm down. The player can RP and comply with the MTF (and turn on them at anytime) or go on a spree and get the certain amount of "patients" he needs until he can calm down. Either way, as long as he gets that certain amount of 049-2's, he will become calm again. While he is NOT calm, or "Furious", ... hes untouchable. Just pay attention to his Breach timer and requests to solve this rampage. Don't mess with the Doc.

that's just my take on it... Do with that as you will.

• Gaminglight Love 1

7 hours ago, Scoron said:

+Support

When he doesn't get his D-Class, he should be able to make a certain amount of 049-2's before becoming calm (lets say 3-5). When he is NOT calm, or "Furious", FearRP should not apply. This makes him a huge threat.. because you cant shoot him (FailRP), so you'll just have to run away from him or persuade to get him the certain amount D-Class he needs to calm down. The player can RP and comply with the MTF (and turn on them at anytime) or go on a spree and get the certain amount of "patients" he needs until he can calm down. Either way, as long as he gets that certain amount of 049-2's, he will become calm again. While he is NOT calm, or "Furious", ... hes untouchable. Just pay attention to his Breach timer and requests to solve this rampage. Don't mess with the Doc.

Perfect solution

9 hours ago, Scoron said:

+Support

I like this a lot