Why Bullet Sponges?

[GL] Jack

Note: My opinion of what deems someone or something a bullet sponge is someone who can take 1 and a half mags or more from an assault rifle. In my book if you took even 1 full mag you have done something wrong and you deserved to die.

So Why bullet sponge? Why make almost everyone be very bullet spongey? Why have it where numbers give you the better chance of winning rather then skills like positioning, stealth and aim. Most of the time combat consist of CQC. You may have your G3s that can hold off larger numbers due to them being scared but with enough numbers, which usually the case,  that G3 will not be fast enough kill them all if they decide to just charge and force CQC. Sometimes numbers don't win. Sometimes but most of the time it does and for me it sucks.

When CI raids in big numbers it requires MTF to throw there bodies at the mass blob of CI littling them down slowly until they either get out or they die. This type of warfare made me give up on combat itself atleast against CI or fight MTF. Fighting D boys are fun because while most of them don't have guns they do have numbers. It requires skill in positioning, movement and knowing when  to retreat that makes a great factor because there melees are like anti bullet sponge tools. But when fighting both as CI or MTF it feels like SLOG!

I don't like being chipped away by bees going threw a bee hive just to get some honey or having to throw my body at a wall several times until it finally falls but thats not the point here. The point is why. Why this? Why this kind of balance?

Edited by [GL] Jack

Yea, i'd personally prefer a more "Tactical" Gameplay aswell, but aslong as having a lot of HP and Bunnyhopping around is a valid tactic, i dont see it changing anytime soon.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

• Bread locked this topic