Buff The Negev - Accepted

Ritz

What you want to see? - A damage buff to 40 (currently at 35) or an rpm buff to 1300, 1400, or 1500 (is at 1000 rn) 

Why should we add it? -  In it's current state, the negev is pretty much useless unless you're meming due to the fact that it costs 15k in armory, is one of if not the slowest weapons in the game with a mobility of 64%, and with a trade-off of only a mediocre stats exchange for such a heavy mobility nerf. 
Edit: Other suggested buff would be a mobility buff to a value between 74% and 82% as these are good values IMO

What are the advantages of having this? - Makes the negev useful and would transform it into that CQC monster that I think it should be as that's is it's really niche left available for it

Who is it mainly for? - That 15k weapon in armory that is kinda useless rn

Note: Just to make sure nobody misunderstands these buffs are meant to be separate from each other as it receiving 2 would not be a good thing
Edit: Added Poll

Edited by Ritz

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

+/- Support, the DMG buff would be near neglilible IMO, the Negev doesn't get its damage from individual rounds, but rather from the sheer amount of them it pumps out.
Upping the RPM would mean much higher DPS, but also worse recoil.

Really the issue with the negev is mobility, not the damage it deals.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

6 minutes ago, Falxen said:

+/- Support, the DMG buff would be near neglilible IMO, the Negev doesn't get its damage from individual rounds, but rather from the sheer amount of them it pumps out.
Upping the RPM would mean much higher DPS, but also worse recoil.

Really the issue with the negev is mobility, not the damage it deals.

i agree and think mobility being upped is more suitable

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

22 minutes ago, Jakub said:

i agree and think mobility being upped is more suitable

It's nerf was mobility so i assumed something such as a mobility buff wouldn't be accepted
I'll edit the suggestion

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

+support

Dunno if its just me but LMGs get its power from both the individual round and the amount of them. Thats why the main driving force for LMGs in every game is that they are too heavy to be able to combat light guns with higher or more destructive patterns.

My solution? Less mobility, higher dmg and fire rate. LMGs are stationary guns that are lethal af, not over sized mac10s...

+Support for buffing negev

I personally think it should get some of the recoil taken off. It's like trying to hold onto a crazy ass bullet firehose flopping all over the place right now when you shoot it.

Edited by CanOBeanz

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Fool said:

Honestly I would rather see an entire LMG re balance, the only viable LMG now is the Ares strike and that's just assualt rifle with 100 round mag 

^^ the Negev is basically unviable due to mobility/recoil. The buff is needed because we can’t have it where there’s only 1 viable option that is gained through p2w. (I’m not saying cc’s are pay to win I’m just saying that the only way to get an ares is to have a CC). 

1 hour ago, CanOBeanz said:

I personally think it should get some of the recoil taken off. It's like trying to hold onto a crazy ass bullet firehose flopping all over the place right now when you shoot it.

No one Remembers me ~ AHOT Reaper

1 hour ago, Fool said:

Honestly I would rather see an entire LMG re balance, the only viable LMG now is the Ares strike and that's just assualt rifle with 100 round mag 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

2 hours ago, Fool said:

Grinding with Nu7  |Past SGT in A1, Gensec and CI  Was a great Tech Saved Beanz from doom thrice Didn't save Rang Gets bullied by Surge Loves all in the server

Custom Classes: Spy, D-Class 2304  | CNTN Bot , Raptor Team |Tango - 14, CTF

Retired DoTF

Hello Ritz,

I know there was a time where there was a Negev meta and then it got nerfed. But then the PKM meta started because it was an LMG with 100% mobility (For an MTF unit I think) which made it ridiculous in combat because you could close the gap really quickly even though it technically fired slower then the Negev. Right now the Negev does an insane amount of damage in close combat the real issue is just the mobility which needs to be increased.

I'm not sure about the Ares Shrike as I don't see it used too much. Most people I fight now a days are using that annoying HK gun but thats a different thread. I would support a mobility buff on the Negev bringing it closer to 80-90% and a slight recoil buff. This would bring it  a bit more in line with other weapons.  It already does enough damage its just that the better options let you b-hop all the shots easily even when the person is right in your face due to high mobility, high damage, high firerate assault rifles/smg (Which should not be a thing, they should have one or the other).

+Support on buffing it a bit.

+Support

The Negev is probably one of the most least used guns on the server due to its ridiculous recoil and mobility issues. It needs a rework, along with some other potential LMG's.

haha negev go brrrrrrttt

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

6 hours ago, CanOBeanz said:

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

+Support

I don't think it needs more damage, but I do think the mobility + accuracy need to be improved. The weapon is nearly unusable unless you've got the muzzle of your gun pressed to someone's torso. 

Edited by Sinnik
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, Sinnik said:

+Support

I don't think it needs more damage, but I do think the mobility + accuracy needs to be improved. The weapon is nearly unusable unless you've got the muzzle of your gun pressed to someone's torso. 

18 hours ago, Your Local Soviet said:

+Support

The Negev is probably one of the most least used guns on the server due to its ridiculous recoil and mobility issues. It needs a rework, along with some other potential LMG's.

haha negev go brrrrrrttt

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

On 5/23/2020 at 6:07 AM, Your Local Soviet said:

+Support

haha negev go brrrrrrttt

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

+support The Negev is useless it struggles to kill two dclass before they can put you down, and that's within shotty range anything longer and ur basically done for

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

On 5/23/2020 at 12:09 AM, Propane said:

+Support

I don't think it needs more damage, but I do think the mobility + accuracy needs to be improved. The weapon is nearly unusable unless you've got the muzzle of your gun pressed to someone's torso. 

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

On 5/22/2020 at 6:42 PM, CanOBeanz said:

Former DHOS

Current GENSEC LTCOL - Deputy Head Juggernaut - HIRU