Gunther's Ban Appeal

Gunther

Steam Name: GL_Gunther

Ingame Name: Gunther

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:430475006

Ban Length: Permanent 

Admin that Banned you: Hoovy

Reason for Ban: Toxicity / Bullying

Dispute: My dispute is I wasn't bullying, they were bullying me. They were clear as day trying to get a rise out of me, purposely harassing me because they think its funny. I was bullied as a teen, so I don't take kindly to bullies, its almost like a trauma to me. I may have been toxic in response but they started each instance. For the first one, I can see how me saying "Imagine raiding when no one is on" to be a petty side comment. It was not meant to start an argument or to be toxic, or angry or anything. They then responded with "Imagine complaining again". Aside from that one, the other two were very clearly them trying to get under my skin, with Silver being a smart alleck and answering a question that he didn't have an answer for to begin with. And Azius wasn't even involved in the last one, but again, he made a petty side comment saying "I'm going to make a nerf suggestion for your [Dang's] weapon".

Aside from that situation alone, I don't go out of my way to break rules or cause drama. Yes, I do complain, a lot, but its because its also care about the community, and the gameplay and balancing. Before, when I was CPT of Gensec, that's when it was the worst. I already knew I wasn't doing my job very well anymore, that at any moment I would be demoted. So when I die, its not the dying that gets me mad, its just that I wanted to keep this image that I was a valuable asset to Command, so by dying I really couldn't do that, and eventually I just kept taking it too seriously, even though its a game and in the end it means absolutely nothing. Despite what some may think, I love this community, and the people in it. There may be times when I'm angry or talk in OOC, but generally those are brief, and subside in a minute or less. In the year I've played, I only have 2 warns, 1 ban. Last one being in October 2019, and the ban being this. I generally keep to myself, generally am mostly positive. My interactions with everyone is generally positive, there are some people I don't like and that's why I don't talk to them.  I believe a permanent ban is very excessive, Its just recently I've been more on edge due to the Corona, recent demotions, and general depression. If this ban were removed, I can 100% promise SMT that my attitude and general reputation will be a lot more positive. If this does get removed, I will not return to Security. That's where the bulk of my stress and anxiety came from, so I think it would be best to stay out it for a while. Maybe take a month break from the community altogether. Please do not perma ban me, I'm not perfect, and I don't want to have this reputation as I'm toxic or a bully. Whatever I have to do or need to do to avoid this permaban I will do it.

Edit: I found out that the Bullying part was in regards to a situation between me and Saiba on Mother's Day. So what happened was it was late afternoon, and I hopped in TS. I heard Saiba had been playing for like around 8+ hours and I was wondering why he wasn't with his Mom. I didn't think anything about this comment, I wasn't trying to bully. I don't know his situation or his personal life and it was not intended to be anything other than a genuine question. I haven't asked him, but based off the way he was described after that situation, I can assume something happened to his Mother. Saiba, if you are reading this, I genuinely want to apologize for that situation, I should have done that a while back, but I was avoiding it because I felt bad because after it clicked why it was so bad, I felt so embarrassed and just felt like a jerk. Again, I did not intend to offend you or to make you feel depressed, it was that I just didn't know, and I'm sorry.

Edited by Gunther
  • Dislike 1

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

• Gunther changed the title to Gunther's Ban Appeal

based on what you said + support but I think that more detail should be provided by smt to make the cause of your ban more clear as i have not seen you bully anyone and especially not in that video.

also lets remember that not everyone knows peoples personal issues and circumstances so what one person might think is bullying another might consider it as nothing but a harmless comment, this is the internet and you can't expect people to not make jokes that might affect you on a personal level.

edit: based on what i have heard you were very rude to saiba and you continued to be agresive when it was clear that saiba was mad so im changing this from +support to a +/-

and think your ban should be atleast a month or so.

Edited by Jakub

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

From what i can see in this appeal alone, i dont see a reasoning  for a Perma, however i assume there has to be more to this then just this, as i really don't see SMT handing out a Perma for just this.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

32 minutes ago, Jakub said:

based on what you said + support but I think that more detail should be provided by smt to make the cause of your ban more clear as i have not seen you bully anyone and especially not in that video.

also lets remember that not everyone knows peoples personal issues and circumstances so what one person might think is bullying another might consider it as nothing but a harmless comment, this is the internet and you can't expect people to not make jokes that might affect you on a personal level.

edit: based on what i have heard you were very rude to saiba and you continued to be agresive when it was clear that saiba was mad so im changing this from +support to a +/-

No one Remembers me ~ AHOT Reaper

42 minutes ago, Jakub said:

edit: based on what i have heard you were very rude to saiba and you continued to be aggresive when it was clear that saiba was mad so im changing this from +support to a +/-

Except I wasn't. I haven't talked to Saiba since that incident. It wasn't until I was demoted from Captain that I learned he was mad about what I said. I didn't continue on or anything. I made my comment, and that was it.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

39 minutes ago, Falxen said:

From what i can see in this appeal alone, i dont see a reasoning  for a Perma, however i assume there has to be more to this then just this, as i really don't see SMT handing out a Perma for just this.

1 hour ago, Jakub said:

Ex MTF Alpha 1 Captain 

2 hours ago, Jakub said:

I do feel like there's' more to the Story if SMT Perma'd you just for this.
+/- Support

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

+/-Support

It should not be perma.

From what I have heard it was just for that but I hope/don't believe it was.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

+/- Support

I dont believe it should be a perma for only that, unless there are more reasons, but if it was only the Saiba interaction he should only have a few weeks/months or so.

Sidenote: If you wanted to apologize to Saiba why not do i through discord or such?

Edited by (GL) Salt Is Key

As this is SCPRP SMT’s community they are allowed to create a decision on who they believe should remain in the community, and they are able to remove people from it if they believe that they are causing major issues for the community.

From the SMT I talked to after this situation it seems as if this was something they were all in favor of.

-support

• Like 1

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

+/-Support

While I do agree that you *were* in the wrong for what you said, I do not think it should've resulted in a permaban. 

So +support toward removing the perma in favor of a timed ban instead. 

• Like 4

+/- Support.

The situation between me and him is long over and I don't want to hold any grudge against him for it, though he should've apologized to me in person a long time ago. However that doesn't mean Gunther is absent of blame, Gunther must work on his attitude as a player and learn patience and respect. If Gunther can come out of this better, and cooperate with everybody on the server without fighting, I believe he's worthy of a reduced ban.

Edited by Saiba
  • Like 1

244216482_CyberpunkForumsSignature.gif.74e8ba02c98f1a8de8ee35a6502ecc8d.gif

[SCP-RP] - Retired Deputy Head of Security | Joined 3/13/20, Left 9/13/20 

4 hours ago, Jakub said:

3 hours ago, BadAim said:

As this is SCPRP SMT’s community they are allowed to create a decision on who they believe should remain in the community, and they are able to remove people from it if they believe that they are causing major issues for the community.

From the SMT I talked to after this situation it seems as if this was something they were all in favor of.

-support

^^^^^

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

The ban wasn't put in place solely for the situation with Saiba. The reason Rangiatea and I decided to put this in place was also for multiple past experiences of Toxicity and Bullying before this incident. This was in a way, the straw that broke the camels back. Bullying is on a Non-Tolerance policy here at Gaminglight, so we did what we believed needed to be done. However, if you truly think that you would change your ways I would be alright with lowering this down to around a month or month and a half. 

• Like 2

fUbePnj.png

Former SCP:RP Event Team Leader (5/15/19 - 12/31/19)

Current SCP:RP Head Administrator

"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

-support

spacer.png

- Support

- You just got banned I think you should have waited so you could learn you're lesson.

- You're dispute is kind of a lie when you made a comment which kind of did start a argument.

- You also have been pretty toxic to CI for some time.

- It also said that you did several offences in Gensec.

What I think should happen that you should wait a month or two then appeal so you have learned you're lesson.

6 hours ago, Jakub said:

I completely agree with it being a month or so. I think permanent is just to long.

-support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||