Require RND/Technical to hack a robot - Denied

What you want to see? - If CI wishes to hack a robot, they must bring RND (who must be on their RND job) or a kidnapped technician to hack it.

Why should we add it? - Ever since HLPRs and RIGs were made official, CI have been hacking robots almost every damn raid. It makes no sense for a random Chaos grunt to have enough knowledge to hack an incredibly complex, possibly anomalous robot.

What are the advantages of having this? - Robots aren't getting hacked as often.

Who is it mainly for? - Foundation, robots

Links to any content - N/A

Professional minge, PhD in shitposting. Research Manager,  Hammer Down Private. Also known as Gutsy.

+Support, i swear these robots are shooting at us more then at the CI!

• Laughing 1

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

3 minutes ago, Ritz said:

+Support

giving R&D  a raiding purpose 😳

R&D aren’t allowed to raid until they’re at the 4th rank which would essentially negate the purpose of hacking them, I would +support it if it were RND, gamma, delta, and E4 tho. I do agree it doesn’t make private Johnny with no training to hack it. -/+ support. 

8 minutes ago, October said:

R&D aren’t allowed to raid until they’re at the 4th rank which would essentially negate the purpose of hacking them, I would +support it if it were RND, gamma, delta, and E4 tho. I do agree it doesn’t make private Johnny with no training to hack it. -/+ support. 

I'd personally be OK with Gamma's/RND/E4, not Delta's though, no offense but you guys have a lot of those.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

+support

had a ci tell me that I had to enact a full rp situation involving techs and to 'plug it into a console' in order to check if the robots hacked or not, but it only requires a simple /me from the lizardsquad (CI) to hack it?

Uhhhh Robots should only be getting hacked by E4, Sleuths, and Maynard. This was in the hacking rules as they were first written. I believe these rules are the same for HLPR & CNTN bots. (Im not sure if RIGs are allowed to be hacked, I don't remember any rules being created for them)

Are other CI jobs doing these hacks too?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Orange 🍊 said:

I thought it was supposed to be those too. And R&D.

R&D makes sense too, I didn't initially put them in, but they can be added no problem as it makes sense for them to do it as well.

But yeah, should only be these listed classes, which I assume would already keep the hacking events limited, considering the circumstances needed for any of these jobs to come across a robotic player that can be safely hacked would be somewhat rare/risky to come by.

I'll probably +Support to make this more clear in SOP / raid rules for utility & CI, respectively

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, CanOBeanz said:

R&D makes sense too, I didn't initially put them in, but they can be added no problem as it makes sense for them to do it as well.

But yeah, should only be these listed classes, which I assume would already keep the hacking events limited, considering the circumstances needed for any of these jobs to come across a robotic player that can be safely hacked would be somewhat rare/risky to come by.

I'll probably +Support to make this more clear in SOP / raid rules for utility & CI, respectively

I’m fine with this, but only SVR+ are allowed to go on raids, and should be going with a goal to do an on-site Test

3 hours ago, CanOBeanz said:

Femboy Hooters. No Cogs he's mine.

Omi9 2LT Lee JL6

+Support I have a SOP made for hacking, and theres clear rules on it after my talk with beanz, the ONLY personell allowed to hack HLPR bots are  Shades, Sleuth, Maynard and RND any other personell trying to hack bots are NOT allowed to, I will be showing everyone the SOP tomorrow during out meeting, so that should die down

Edit: Also as per Weiss, RIGS are not able to be hacked so they get a pass

Edited by Comrade Boekhom

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

Actualy now  that i think about it, it might be a good idea to just make hacking rules in general in the MOTD, as of current there is nothing there, which leaves Robotic CC's in a kind of grey area as to if they are allowed to be hacked.

1 hour ago, Falxen said:

Actualy now  that i think about it, it might be a good idea to just make hacking rules in general in the MOTD, as of current there is nothing there, which leaves Robotic CC's in a kind of grey area as to if they are allowed to be hacked.

valid point, i've always considered hacking robots power gaming as it requires one roll and /me to control someone but if the foundation is happy with the rp that has so far happened as an outcome of hacking then i think it would be a cool idea to have some motd rules that permit hacking robots with certain rank requirements.

+/- support

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

Wait I thought only Maynard, sleuths, and shades could hack?

+support anyway

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

On 5/21/2020 at 7:08 PM, CanOBeanz said:

Uhhhh Robots should only be getting hacked by E4, Sleuths, and Maynard. This was in the hacking rules as they were first written. I believe these rules are the same for HLPR & CNTN bots. (Im not sure if RIGs are allowed to be hacked, I don't remember any rules being created for them)

Are other CI jobs doing these hacks too?

big cat running GIF