Kidnapping Suggestion - Denied

[GL] Elapin

What you want to see? - For kidnappers to not just kidnap the person and leave them in a room or just hold the person there for 15 minutes  and kill them at the end.

If you are going to kidnap someone, you have to actually do something with them like a RP scenario or a robbery. 

Also, adding on, you can't kidnap an officer for doing a traffic stop on you.

Why should we add it? - It waste the time for the players, they could be doing some RP thing but instead a really annoying guy has to just keep them there for 15 minutes to waste peoples time.

People get salty because they are getting ticketed and don't like rp'ing traffic stops so they kidnap them or they do it on purpose to get a hostage, I think that is fail rp. 

What are the advantages of having this? - Players get to have more fun and get to do more RP and there is no copbait. 

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - N/A

Edited by [GL] Elapin

1 minute ago, Alex Raddish said:

-Support as long as the kidnappers follow the rules with taking hostages (only hold them for 15 minutes) they can and should be able to do as they please.

But they only do it to ruin players experience, it just waste peoples time.  and people don't get to rp. 

Edited by [GL] Elapin

+- support Maybe put you can only hold some one for like  10 minutes

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

+support 

Why would someone hold a random citizen at gunpoint with no reason? Irl they always have a reasson e.g. feel they've been mistreated by a specific company such as a bank (if holding a bank teller hostage)

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

2 hours ago, Sion said:

+support 

Why would someone hold a random citizen at gunpoint with no reason? Irl they always have a reasson e.g. feel they've been mistreated by a specific company such as a bank (if holding a bank teller hostage)

well people do order there family members to kidnap  people for like 15 mins so i think you are right   andits being really mistreated   

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

Neutral

For the part where it states you cannot kidnap during a traffic stop, that's already against the rules which *I was warned for it, but it should clearly state it in MOTD*, for the part about killing them after 15 minutes, I kinda agree but at the same time I don't so...

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

+/- Support

I get where people are coming from with the 15 minutes then get murdered but Im pretty sure you could just tab out if they aren't RPing with you.

The traffic stops is already against the rules just needs to be stated in MOTD so please SMT add it to the MOTD so we don't have more warns on people.

1 hour ago, Ghosted said:

+/- Support

I get where people are coming from with the 15 minutes then get murdered but Im pretty sure you could just tab out if they aren't RPing with you.

The traffic stops is already against the rules just needs to be stated in MOTD so please SMT add it to the MOTD so we don't have more warns on people.

"Criminals may not engage in harmful and or felony acts for the following reasons

Merely being stopped for a traffic violation

An officer giving you a ticket

An officer bumping your vehicle

Any player merely coming up to you and speaking with you" 

A kidnapping act would count as a felony act 

Signature.png

-Support

-It's a Semi-RP server, not everything is meant to be taken seriously. Besides as long as they meet the criteria it should be fine, as many families might kidnap people to prove their points and to make sure people don't mess with them or for other reasons as long as they're reasonable should be fine.

spacer.png

-Support

Manly for the fact that people in IRL will just get kidnapped just to be kidnapped, and a lot of the time they do get murdered after it. The reason in game were allowed to just kidnap and dont really do anything for it is because sometimes gotta say, us govs can get bored, so it gives us something to do/investigate 

Currently SM Josh 1B65 | Trooper Josh 1T
"A jack of all trades is a master of none, but oftentimes better then a master of one"
Recently retired USM CPT, Deputy Head Dispatcher, Police RP Moderator, POL Level 10 (High Com), CPT Josh 1L65 and SCU SGT Josh 1R65 | Staffing: Ex Senior Moderator IMPRP - Retired Moderator PRP x2, MILRP - Retired Event team IMPRP, MILRP | Biggest Ranks: Retired Storm Trooper Vice Commander - Retired COL USMC MARSOC and FORECON Head - CPT+ in all branch's of US in MILRP - Experience in 9 different Departments PRP | Member Since late 2018

On 5/19/2020 at 3:35 PM, [GL] Elapin said:

Also, adding on, you can't kidnap an officer for doing a traffic stop on you.

I’m confused, I was told this violates priority rules. Anyways, +support as it would be a boring waste of time to just sit in a closet for 15 minutes as I have done before. 

-Support

It is not needed to regulate what people can and can’t do with their hostage.  We should be able Roleplay out Torture and try to get information out of a hostage.

Retired General of the Armies | | Retired State A. Lieutenant Colonel | | Retired Super Admin

North

23 minutes ago, Northy said:

-Support

It is not needed to regulate what people can and can’t do with their hostage.  We should be able Roleplay out Torture and try to get information out of a hostage.

2 hours ago, Northy said:

-Support

Its not the roleplay part or torture to get info out, people just kidnap them and leave them there for 15 minutes to waste their time, they dont do anything with them

Edited by [GL] Elapin

1 hour ago, Jayden said:

-Support

I don't see anything wrong with being kidnapped and left in a room. There's nothing unrealistic about it at all.

Interrogating and torturing is fun instead of using them for robberies.

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor