SCP-948 - Suggestion - Denied

Harry S. Plinkett

Name of the SCP you would like added: SCP-948 OR Seamus Ó Tuathail (The Englishization is Seamus O'Tool)

Playermodels: Use the medical doctor OR scientist models already in the server

Sweps/Equipment: Medical pack, keys, no keycard

How much health/armor do you think it should have: No more than doctors and scientists

Why should we add this SCP?: SCP-948 is housed in Site-05, the site the server takes place in, and one of the things the site is known for. It could be simple to implement and add good flavor, especially with the suit of armor SCP temporarily removed from play. 948 Could stay in the medical room with the other doctors and act as a medical professional, maybe acting as a way to play as one without having a doctor role (like the security heavy or Dr Bright, or the CI heavy). Being that 948 is resident of Site-05, I see little reason why he shouldn't be involved. Further, it might add a little more flavor to medical players and for people visiting the emergency room in the game.

Basic summary of the SCP: 948 is a medical doctor who lives in Site-05 and the hospital it was born around, he was born and lived in Dublin, Ireland prior. His anomalous effect is that he can heal patients simply by talking about the procedures required to heal them, for example, curing appendicitis by talking about appendixectomies. He also has a minor soothing effect, calming people around him.

Extra information:  He could be implemented by having him act as a normal doctor and a free roaming SCP, but not allowed to enter D-Block (like 999) and follow the medical doctor SOP. Because of his calming effect, I'd also suggest that maybe people can't enter combat when he's within eyesight, except for in self defense such as against an SCP, or if they are under the effect of an SCP that causes resistance to mind effects, such as the jaded ring. However, if he enters an area, or the participants enter an area in combat where he is, the effects do not kick in. Furthermore, it should not effect other SCPs, barring 682 and Able.

Edited by Harry S. Plinkett
Added englishization - Fixed error in scp number
  • Like 2

-Support

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-940

So I don't know if you typo'ed the SCP's identification number or what, but that is not even closely related to SCP-940. It would be cool to have an SCP that is like SCP-912, but instead helps out medical staff, however this "SCP" you are suggesting does not relate to SCP-940 within lore.

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

2 hours ago, Your Local Soviet said:

-Support

So I don't know if you typo'ed the SCP's identification number or what, but that is not even closely related to SCP-940. It would be cool to have an SCP that is like SCP-912, but instead helps out medical staff, however this "SCP" you are suggesting does not relate to SCP-940 within lore.

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

2 hours ago, Your Local Soviet said:

-Support

Im so embarrassed. I meant 948, not 940. I feel awful. I fixed it, hopefully that can change you - into a +.

God I feel terrible 

+Support

Changing my negative support to a positive support. Its all good, mistakes were made and the suggestion you made is pretty cool. This could be highly useful for medical staff on the server!

• Like 1

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

-Support
-/+Support

This would literally just be 999 all over again.
Edit: This SCP IS basically 999. Same SWEP, same purpose. Why don't we just repurpose 999 as a Medical SCP?

If this is made for CI, I'm in Support, but if its for Medbay, then no.

Edited by Gunther
  • Dislike 1

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

-Support

Edit: This SCP IS basically 999. Same SWEP, same purpose. Why don't we just repurpose 999 as a Medical SCP?

"follow the medical SOP"

He'd probably have to perform his healing in Medbay.

1 hour ago, Propane said:

+/-support

I say contact medical high command so it doesn't end up like 999, I do like the idea

Yeah, obviously the concept will need tweaking to make sure it doesn't end up like 999 but regardless, having something that in the SCP Canon actually belongs to Site 05 would be super cool.

2 hours ago, Gunther said:

-Support

Funny joke

Rejected from the gaminglight community

+support
I mean I feel this can be a lot more manageable, way more then 999 and especially since this SCP is literally made to HEAL people and is lore friendly when 999 can't and is a free roam SCP and Security just pester him. I also feel like it can take away some role play but also this can hansen some role play to, medical personnel can observe while he does 'check-ups' and take note of how he heals and determines how and his limits, kinda like research but with no negative consequences. Also especially with him most likely supposed to be in medbay medical command or staff can make sure MTF or security don't evade medical staff unless none are on or all are busy and not close to medbay. If anything this can help medical with a new form of roleplay and security by not waiting for a little bit in medbay. I feel if medical can have something to do during defcon 5 and 4 with a slow day at medbay this can give them something else to do or atleast look into the 'medical form of research' idea i've had for a while and this can prove if we should or shouldn't. I think this would be very interesting and would really benefit medical in a new way.

• Like 1

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

2 hours ago, Jack (utility one) said:

+support
I mean I feel this can be a lot more manageable, way more then 999 and especially since this SCP is literally made to HEAL people and is lore friendly when 999 can't and is a free roam SCP and Security just pester him. I also feel like it can take away some role play but also this can hansen some role play to, medical personnel can observe while he does 'check-ups' and take note of how he heals and determines how and his limits, kinda like research but with no negative consequences. Also especially with him most likely supposed to be in medbay medical command or staff can make sure MTF or security don't evade medical staff unless none are on or all are busy and not close to medbay. If anything this can help medical with a new form of roleplay and security by not waiting for a little bit in medbay. I feel if medical can have something to do during defcon 5 and 4 with a slow day at medbay this can give them something else to do or atleast look into the 'medical form of research' idea i've had for a while and this can prove if we should or shouldn't. I think this would be very interesting and would really benefit medical in a new way.

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

-Support, this would just be 999 but reskinned, and medical doesn't need yet another anomaly taking their jobs.

• Like 1

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

10 minutes ago, Falxen said:

-Support, this would just be 999 but reskinned, and medical doesn't need yet another anomaly taking their jobs.

okay I see where you're coming from on this part, however, maybe you could do it so it's like maynard for CI so you have to be a certain rank in medical so that way they are basically a part of medical but with more RP involved. Also i don't think this could be anywhere near as bad as 999 as 999 would just go heal security without any process to it whereas  948 will have to go through some RP before healing, and you could also make it so that he has to be in medbay to actually heal and if he's outside of medbay he can only use his calming effects not his healing. I see this as a very interesting SCP that could end up giving medical staff, along with everyone else, more to do while being healed and even just when wondering the facility

still a +Support from me

Edited by Meridian

|| Retired GenSec || STARS || J04 "Crest" || Foul Tarnished || 

6 hours ago, Jack II said:

Funny joke

Wasn't a joke, the SCP he is proposing is basically 999 just with a different playermodel and name.

5 hours ago, BadAim said:

+Support

Perhaps he could spawn in the hospital on surface so that CI R&D have consistent access to an SCP for researching?

If this SCP were the CI version of 999, then I'd be in Support, but having two SCPs that both heal, and are SCPs, and both only exist in LCZ kind of seems redundant.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+-support

Good effort into the suggestion but I don’t know if I’d like how it will effect Medical.

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

I like the previous suggestion that it could be a CI SCP. I also like that it could be something you need a Medical rank for, that way it doesn't take anyones jobs and doesnt hurt RP.  Maybe another workaround is to make it a donator class? I'm not sure. Or both. A certain rank in medical and maybe a highish player level, or maybe a certain rank and bronze+?

15 minutes ago, CreameyCheesey said:

+-support

Good effort into the suggestion but I don’t know if I’d like how it will effect Medical.

I get what you're saying which is why Im tweaking the suggestion. Ideally, it'd just be more of an addition to the crew than anything else. I think it'd help if it was a role people on the medical roster can access.

I definitely think that if this SCP was to be added it would be best placed in the hospital, as that would be consistent with lore and solve the R&D issue of “I have nothing to test on” that I sometimes had to deal with during my short time in R&D

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

33 minutes ago, BadAim said:

I definitely think that if this SCP was to be added it would be best placed in the hospital, as that would be consistent with lore and solve the R&D issue of “I have nothing to test on” that I sometimes had to deal with during my short time in R&D

Im gonna have to agree. It could be a good twist in lore for the server, to have a captured Seamus O'Tool for the CI.

+Support as long as it spawns in Hospital, don't want a 999 on steroids.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT