Pride month coming up

Bird

Pride month is coming up and I believe that most pride month are going to be canceled because of Covid-19. So how about we host a pride event on June 1st and show LGBTQ+ support on the PRP and even maybe the other servers. This is to show that people that are part of the LGBTQ+ feel welcomed in Gaminglight servers. 

Things that can benefit from this event are people who are not so familiar with how to address someone properly

How to teach people of LGBTQ+ if they are confused about it in some way

To help people feel more comfortable about there sexuality and gender 

And much much more

I hope I get support on this and have people help me plan this 

Ive already made mini pride festivals but they didn’t go to good. 

Thanks for reading 

Edit: It's not political and will never be political. 

Edited by Bird
  • Heart-Eyes 2

I fully support your idea, but don't you think making a big big event just for them will make them feel more out of place? An event that will make them stand out more...

Not against it at all btw

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

10 minutes ago, Jardarn said:

Personally, I disagree. While I have nothing against the LGBTQ community, this a Police RP server, not a political ground, and it really has no place in a police rp server. 

Politics and video games dont mix. If we hold the event it's going to draw lots of people to it spouting some hate

Edited by Alex Raddish

4 minutes ago, Zeeptin said:

I personally like the idea! Although I believe it will draw people that are opposed to the LGBTQ community, I think it could be a good event!

i think its a great idea tbh

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Zeeptin said:

I personally like the idea! Although I believe it will draw people that are opposed to the LGBTQ community, I think it could be a good event!

I know it can attract toxic people but most of those players are minges and others are people who don't understand it and need to be informed 

• Like 1

As a homosexual, I would be really proud and flattered, I feel this would be an amazing event, it would be an amazing way of informing the public. I would not feel further out of place, and proud to see further representation on this server.

4 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Hey gang, just to say to all people who declare gay people as a political topic: no. It's not political, it would be a celebration and i'm totally for it.

I agree, no group of people should not be considered political just for not being the majority.

• Like 2

Thank you Bird for this suggestion! This will be looked into and discussed between SMT and the PoliceRP Event Team Leaders.

Thank You,

- Event Team Leader Calamity

Edited by Calamity
  • Gaminglight Love 1

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

3 hours ago, Zeeptin said:

I agree with Zeeptin 

• Like 1

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

19 hours ago, Sion said:

I fully support your idea, but don't you think making a big big event just for them will make them feel more out of place? An event that will make them stand out more...

Not against it at all btw

I am so confused on what you are trying to explain. Pride stuff is meant to have people of LGBTQ+ express themselves and to standout.

Edit: Also your not forced to tell everyone about your personal life. Like Rick Sanchez its about celebrating together. LGBTQ+ or not it everyone is welcomed to be part of the celebrating.

Edited by Bird

On 5/17/2020 at 9:23 AM, Alex Raddish said:

Politics and video games dont mix. If we hold the event it's going to draw lots of people to it spouting some hate

I don't believe this is a political thing, and I fully support it as a homosexual myself

• Like 1