999 test

Lore Name: Frank

SCP: 999

Question / Idea: Does 999 have basic pattern recognition ability

Background Research: Reading 999's file and observing it's behavior throughout the facility

Hypothesis: 999 may be more intelligent than the foundation first assumed. If it possesses basic pattern recognition ability this may be true.

Observations (What Happened During Test): I set up a simple test with two cast iron pots and one galvanized bucket. I placed the container overturned on a table in a row with the bucket in the middle. I then put a candy cane under the bucket. I lured 999 to my test room with another candy cane (nobody eats these so we have tons left over from Christmas). I informed 999 that I had hidden candy under one of the containers and told it to guess which one. 999 approached the row and looked at each container before choosing the first pot on the left. I lifted the pot to reveal that it was empty and then lifted the bucket to show 999 the correct answer. I then had 999 leave the room while I rearranged the containers, this time with the bucket and candy on the far right. I invited 999 back into the room and same as before told it I had hidden candy. Just like before 999 approached the row and looked at the containers before once again choosing the pot on the far left. I thanked 999 for it's participation and gave it the candy canes as a reward.

Analysis / Conclusion (What Could Of Caused The Results): 999 exhibited seemingly no pattern recognition ability whatsoever, it neither choose the same colour or the same position the candy was in last time and simply went the the first container in the row. What is interesting however is 999 apparent "pondering" behavior, it approached the table and appeared to be thinking before it made it's choice each time. This may simply be a behavior that 999 has seen in foundation staff and has learned to mimic. 

Was Your Hypothesis Correct? No.

Edited by MTCaptain [W-G]
Typos