Ban Appeal

Blank

Steam Name: |29th|Pte.Blank[L]

Ingame Name: haha sunstick go fzzt (usually go by blank, although this was my name when i was banned).

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:27463361

Ban Length: 5 days

Admin that Banned you: Innacurate (on behalf of blight)

Reason for Ban: Playerdiss

Dispute: I don't believe is player dissed, unless saying "ur mom" after somebody said something in OOC counts as player diss. I also didn't LTAP? Even If I did player diss and LTAP, It shouldn't be a 5 day ban as I had no previous warns for playerdiss. Maybe you grabbed the wrong steam id?

LTAP - Formal Warning + 3 day ban

In situations involving significant misconduct the ban length should be extended to include the punishment that would normally be punished for the initial misconduct.

Disrespect (Towards both Staff and Player)

1x Disrespect - Warning (Verbal or Formal)

2x or More - Warning + Jail (600 Seconds)

Edited by oscar.hollingsoworth2

You realize its staffs discretion when it comes to bans. We dont have to follow the guidelines word for word. (As said by smt) 

@Ze Blightcaller mind to share some light on this?

Edited by Chief_

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

13 hours ago, Chief_ said:

You realize its staffs discretion when it comes to bans. We dont have to follow the guidelines word for word. (As said by smt) 

^^^ It is down to staff, the handbook just helps staff. As long as it isn't super harsh.

It doesn't matter if you didn't say a persons name, you shouldn't be saying "Your mom" in OOC.

But for now I will be +/-Support until Blight responds because you are saying you didn't LTAP.

+Supportish

He should keep the warn but only for player diss and un-banned 

From what I have seen the player did not LTAP. But if he did then keep the ban/warn

Edited by MiniLeopard

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

1 hour ago, Chief_ said:

@Ze Blightcaller mind to share some light on this?

+/-support

you shouldn't be saying stuff harsh words to people even if its about a players family member. I checked the logs and contacted a staff member to make sure what I was doing was right. The player making the report said it was 912 and no job changes were made from that point.

Currently: MTF E11 LTCOL

Blank you gotta fix your steamID 

anyways -/+ support

you’ve been minging a touch recently and that’s not good. Blightcaller messaged me on TS earlier today and asked what he should do in this sit and I explained that if he wanted to he could issue a player dis warn and then he contacted me back and said that you LTAP’d, so from my perspective (I was told it was repetitive/mass player dis with LTAP) so from my perspective I believe the ban should stand. While I believe it should be 3 days compared to 5 it is staff discretion (Inacc) who decides how long bans stand. 

Hello all.

I just want to clarify a few things. I do know that you don't have to follow the staff guidelines word for word, I put that there to demonstrate that this was a relatively extreme punishment for a minor offense. Do you mind explaining how I LTAP'd? I was on the server when I was banned. Looking forward to hearing from you.

2 hours ago, oscar.hollingsoworth2 said:

Hello all.

I just want to clarify a few things. I do know that you don't have to follow the staff guidelines word for word, I put that there to demonstrate that this was a relatively extreme punishment for a minor offense. Do you mind explaining how I LTAP'd? I was on the server when I was banned. Looking forward to hearing from you.

image.thumb.png.08cdfcc77fc01854ae8cfc5482bcc858.png

I'm fine with either shortening or removing the ban. I should'v looked a bit more into it before issuing the ban, my bad!

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

5 minutes ago, oscar.hollingsoworth2 said:

Are there any logs you can check? Because I'm 100% sure I was on the server when banned.

you were banned as you were loading in.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

Accepted!

After reviewing the evidence and testimony provided I've decided that the warning for this incident will be upheld, while the ban itself will be removed.

To have your warn removed, go to the "Bans" Section at the top of the forums, navigate to your profile, find the warning for this appeal, and for the reason on the appeal, link this post.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021