Nerfing/Fixing the range on the CS:GO knives. *dun dun dunnnn* - Denied

Gunther

What you want to see? - God how I can feel the wrath of a 1000 men bearing their teeth for the controversial suggestion I shall mention. *BREATHES IN DEEP* *SHOUTS WITH GUSTO* NERF THE RANGE ON THE CS:GO KNIVES AND MAKE IT THE SAME AS EVERY OTHER WEAPONS RANGE. *The Earth trembled as 1000 men fled forward with their blades in hand.* Such a dumb and funny way to start. May God protect me from these dark times.

Why should we add it? - The damage nerf wasn't the reason the CS:GO were OP and it definitely didn't help much at all, they do average damage. Its the fact they swing as fast as a Trench Knife and hit from like 10 feet away. And I am not the only person who says this. A lot of people know they hit from a long range, so running backwards and side to side doesn't even help when they can catch up to you and manage to deal 30-120 damage in the time it kills them. *SHOUTS WITH GUSTO* ALSO LITERALLY EVERY WEAPON CAN ONLY DO DAMAGE IF IT PHYSICALLY CONNECTS, KNIVES DEALING DAMAGE FROM 10 FEET AWAY IS OBVIOUSLY BROKEN AND MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. 

What are the advantages of having this? - Gensec main reason for dying are the CS:GO knives, that's mainly why our activity has cut and less people get on, because they are very broken weapons. Also Minecraft. GO Minecraft! 

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - 

Edited by Gunther
  • Dislike 7
  • Gaminglight Love 1

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+/-support

Although this did originally impact Security’s activity on a high scale level, people have gotten over it and Security’s activity has been pretty good the past few days. Ever since the knives released, I didn’t have a problem with them, although I always understood why people did. I believe the damage nerf was enough, and the range is fine as it is.

Edited by CreameyCheesey
Changing to +/- support from -support

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

14 minutes ago, CreameyCheesey said:

Security’s activity has been pretty good the past few days.

Where have you been? We've gotten 2 @here's in a matter of a couple hours each day for the last week.

• Dislike 1

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

32 minutes ago, CreameyCheesey said:

-support

Although this did originally impact Security’s activity on a high scale level, people have gotten over it and Security’s activity has been pretty good the past few days. Ever since the knives released, I didn’t have a problem with them, although I always understood why people did. I believe the damage nerf was enough, and the range is fine as it is.

ngl chief gunther is right though.

+support though, the knives need to be changed a bit, they are incredibly powerful how they are, especially for knives.

Former DHOS

Current GENSEC LTCOL - Deputy Head Juggernaut - HIRU 

10 minutes ago, Jakub said:

-support.

they are balanced weapons, stop nerfing and complaining about shit that doesn't help you.

BALANCED?! No other weapon hits with a consistent range like they do. A melee weapon that can hit without making physical bodily contact makes no sense and needs fixing. The Christmas Hammer did they same thing, and it got nerfed, why are these any different?

200.gif

2 hours ago, CreameyCheesey said:

-support

They were already nerfed by igneous and they are perfect as it is rn. The clientside lag causes it to look it has insane range but if you use the knife you have to get close to hit them.

You have guns which shoot from far, use them

Edited by [GL] Zeus

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

49 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

They were already nerfed by igneous and they are perfect as it is rn. The clientside lag causes it to look it has insane range but if you use the knife you have to get close to hit them.

The damage isn't even the problem, he nerfed the damage, but the range is still broken as shit. And its not lag, because if it were, all melee weapons would hit me and they don't, only those knives and its always from 10-ish feet away.

200.gif

Gensec: Die to new weapon/strat from D-Class

Gensec: "Nerf Nerf Nerf"

D-Class: Die to new Gensec class/Strat

D-Class: "Nerf Nerf Nerf"

+/- Support tho, knife is powerful but the range it "has" is client side lag. You guys got range on them, cause you know, you have guns.

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

- support
as mutch as it pains me to say this but the knifes with the lower dmg has helped somewhat (this is for the fact of only cc with high hp are op with this weapon now or alot of dclass with it) when the knife first came out it needed some kind of nerf but since it now has a nerf and ordinary dclass aint op with the knife now (as long as its 1-3) i dont see the point in nerfing a knife that can be suppressive fired now.

Edit: also to inaccurate dclass normally pull out that knife when they are in range there is litterly no way around it but dclass will pull out a gun though if they are out of rang with the knife

Edited by turner6372
adding somthing

24 minutes ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

+/- Support tho, knife is powerful but the range it "has" is client side lag. You guys got range on them, cause you know, you have guns.

The range is not client side lag because if it were, why would it be the only weapon that has it? No other weapon hits from such a long range, so why does it. Also, the Christmas Hammer was powerful and hit from long distances but this is somehow different? I don't understand people. How is this weapon any different from the Hammer yet the Hammer got full Support on a nerf.

200.gif

+/-Support

I can understand that the knife is still in development due to it being a brand new weapon in the server, although the range in the video I am sharing is just too unreasonable. It should match that of the BF knives, or be a little better, not being able to stab you from a quarter of a corridor away. I don't particularly have a big problem with it, but I can see how, and have seen how, it can get to be a little stressful.

Edited by MTF OM9 COL Daedran CL46
  • Like 3

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

I'm pretty sure it's only a few knives that have the extended range
I recall people saying that the 15$ ones had a larger range than the others but i haven't seen evidence although it does seem to hold up

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

1 hour ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

Gensec: Die to new weapon/strat from D-Class

Gensec: "Nerf Nerf Nerf"

D-Class: Die to new Gensec class/Strat

D-Class: "Nerf Nerf Nerf"

55 minutes ago, MTF OM9 COL Daedran CL46 said:

+/-Support

I can understand that the knife is still in development due to it being a brand new weapon in the server, although the range in the video I am sharing is just too unreasonable. It should match that of the BF knives, or be a little better, not being able to stab you from a quarter of a corridor away. I don't particularly have a big problem with it, but I can see how, and have seen how, it can get to be a little stressful.

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

+/- Support, personaly i've never had any issues with the knife, but that might be due to me having significantly worse ping or something of the sort.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

Ima smack this with the FATTEST of -Supports

I have literally 0 issues with the knife (from an unbiased standpoint) the range is caused by clientside lag, im sorry you just get angry over the knife man, but not every little thing needs a nerf its a good donator weapon I really dont want to see it end up like literally EVERY other melee weapon and be completely useless

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

10 hours ago, Propane said:

Just because blank class has a gun, doesnt mean its going to put them down immediately, Aswell with b-hoping an strafing its easy to close a gap an two tap someone with the knifes, Aswell most CC have boosted hp an armor i.e taking more shells or normal rounds

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

I don't understand. Why is everyone -Supporting? This weapon hits from several feet away. NO OTHER MELEE WEAPON DOES THAT. What sense does it make that a melee should be able to hit when there is very clearly a lot of distance the user and the victim. And its NOT a lag issue, because if it were every other weapon would have this issue, but they don't. This post is literally asking for them to fix the knives so the can't deal damage from a ridiculous range, they must make physical bodily contact. Look at the video above, that can't be lag or client side because it happens to him, me, and a lot of other people. 

And for anyone who says we as Gensec, or even I, don't make strategies, I play like an idiot, or I stand around or whatever, I don't and it pisses me off when people say. I've been Command for a very long time, I've made it to where I am due to my planning and military strategies, among other things. So when I'm 7 feet away from the guy, running backwards, popping off a shotgun shot really quickly and running again, and I'm still getting hit even when there is 6-7 feet between us, you know that means the knife is broken and it obviously needs to be fixed. You might say, don't let him get close, and normally that'd be a great idea, but there's a problem with that. Either A) someone goes behind our sniper post and shoots from behind and forces us to kill him and then we get killed by his knife, or B) they run at us with the knife from the line, which wouldn't matter if we have lots of numbers and its one guy, but its a whole rush, then we have no choice but to get close. 

I'll reiterate, I'm asking for these knives range to be fixed, to where they are the same range as all other melee weapons, I could care less if the hit speed or the damage stays the same, it makes no sense, and is unfair for melee weapons to hit from such a long distance.

200.gif

-Support
The range isnt the issue most of the time its the gensec Members fault they all die
whenever i go in when they are all watching i get shredded before i can touch anyone
The reason GenSec get wiped out by knives is when they arent paying attention and get backstabbed into oblivion

Current : 
Former : Nu7 COL, HSU Founder (I wrote the SOP so I'm very important clearly), Nu7 MAJ x 2, E11 2LT, SCP Senior Mod, TTT SA, JvS Admin, TS Support 3,  HSU Commissar (💀), RRH Guardian 01
 default_8be418cb-c616-4f46-8ad7-5070b0e81aec_2.jpg.60c85fe9470c071c4e72b026f7a76494.jpg

+support

E11 1LT []FORMER CI MAJOR[]Former MTF OMICRON-9 CAPTAIN[]Former Janitorial Low Command[]Former E11 HCMD[Former overseer of D4,Former experimental, Former E4]
"The fuck is a ethics committee?"