AWG

Another Rework Suggestion

Poll  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be added?

• Yes
    • No

What you want to see? - Rework the server to be more combat based.

Details: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cX1MXYHkfQxUJC8ipKSHgy3ES5fUsFVeoFGei1DIo9U/edit?usp=sharing

Why should we add it? - Possibility of rejuvenating the server.

What are the advantages of having this? - Faster paced gameplay, always something to do.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - N/A

pancake GIF

Oog

Doc is locked.

U.S. General Hudson spacer.png

Former USN Commander May 5th-June 20th, 2017

12 hours ago, Mr. Hudson said:

Doc is locked.

Fixed

pancake GIF

Oog

Posted (edited)

+/- Support

At least in my eyes I don't think people want a constant war, from just what I have heard we should have a little longer peace time to maybe implement different things the two armies can do with each other to really get to know each other, and to have more possibilities for raids, and missions. If you were to make a constant war, it would take, in my point of view, a big part out of the competitivness of what gaminglight is now. With a constant war it would just become repetitive and the wars might last so long it just becomes boring. Removing the top scores would also eliminate that competitive feel that it has now, because there really wouldn't be something to fight for, it would just be a constant war of people just shooting one another, like a constant TDM more than anything else. Which to me sounds really boring. 

I also disagree with the fact of increasing movement speeds and making it possible to spawn on captured points. The experiences I have with being able to spawn on captured points, is if someone were to just find out where people would spawn, they could just set-up right outside of where the respawn point is, making it impossible to overtake the enemy if they have the advantage of knowing where you are, and where you could come from every time. And the movement speed doesn't need to be increased, we need all officers to prioritize getting all of their troops out at one time rather than just themselves. 

I will say I also disagree with changing the training, training should be done to prepare the soldier for what is to come, and what is to be expected. I'd much rather have someone walk through the basics with me than to have an automated training system. It should be up to the DI to speed things along, because if I am being honest it does not take that long to give someone the basics. If the DI's aren't going quick enough, the higher ranking DI should give pointers or have a meeting on how to speed things up to get people into battle quicker.

The attachments shouldn't change, this isn't call of duty in my opinion, this is a Mili RP, attachments should be available to all troops no matter your rank or skill level.

Finally, I don't like the idea of allowing players to buy weapons, right now whether anyone wants to believe it or not, the weapons are pretty balanced. Sure, some weapons are better than others, but if you're an enlisted soldier, going up against a commander, obviously your guns are going to be different. The guns should be balanced to their opposing counter-part, meaning the enlisted soldier weapons should be similar, the medics, should be similar, and so on. You can't just compare an M16 to a Mini Uzi, they have 100% different playstyles that make them amazing if used the way they were designed to be used. I don't think changing the jobs is necessary, and that the way they are now is fine, but buying weapons doesn't make sense to me and never will.

Things I agree with are deleting any unnecessary addons that may be the cause of the really long load in time, because any new player will not join if it takes 30 minutes to get into a server. It would also make it easier on older players who might have issues with the long load in time. 

I would like to see that people can get more jobs other than just ranking up, because sometimes it does take a while before someone is able to use new jobs, which might make players question whether or not to stay. Although I think that the medic job should require training so people know how to use the medical supplies and defibrillator before they go into a war. but pointman sounds like a fair option. 

And the vehicles are meant to be overpowered, honestly I don't think they're strong enough since I have been shot directly by a tank and survived, and I was told that the splash damage does more, but it did less to me. Maybe it was just a weird case, but I am speaking from my experience. Although we should have to get permission from the highest ranking officer or general to take a vehicle out. And limiting how many armored vehicles/aircraft go out would be nice.

And I like the idea of cutting back on some Taliban, to limit the amount, because there are point when they become just their own army, and since neither RU or US can shoot unless they do something, taliban can just rocket or grenade kill someone from behind before you're able to do anything. US and RU should be able to do more against them rather than nothing at all.

Edited by [USTC-E6] Mike

+Support -Support

I believe that this specific suggestion could potentially get MilitaryRP back up and running again, but there are a few cons about the specific idea. For one, I believe implementing a system in where you would unlock attachments along leveling up would be a setback and a very difficult system. What about those who have bought multiple upon multiple Levels specifically made for the War Veteran / Hero Classes, and how would this be implemented in Taliban? And second, as Niko said above, I believe the training is fine in the way it is. Other than that I believe most of the material here could be used to help benefit the server in the future.

~ Shadow ~  Noble 4 Operative A239 Emile; United States Army Delta Force Brigadier General

"The Last Remaining Spetsnaz"  Nemo Resideo.  Wardog Super Admin MilitaryRP

15 minutes ago, Shadow The Hedgehog said:

+Support -Support

I believe that this specific suggestion could potentially get MilitaryRP back up and running again, but there are a few cons about the specific idea. For one, I believe implementing a system in where you would unlock attachments along leveling up would be a setback and a very difficult system. What about those who have bought multiple upon multiple Levels specifically made for the War Veteran / Hero Classes, and how would this be implemented in Taliban? And second, as Niko said above, I believe the training is fine in the way it is. Other than that I believe most of the material here could be used to help benefit the server in the future.

[Staff: MilitaryRP Admin, Event Team, Forum Diplomat] [MilitaryRP: Spetsnaz Commander] [PoliceRP: Trooper MSTSGT, SPRT SSGT, Ex SRT GYSGT] [ImperialRP: 31st Demolition Corps ADTL CPT, Naval EO Ensign] [SCPRP: CI 2LT/LongshotRetired DoRS]

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

-Support

This isn't COD. It's an RP server. 

Also, staff/command perms to spawn a vehicle? What the hell are you smoking? Vehicles were already ruined by the recent rollback, are you gonna stab the dead horse when you're done beating it?

Getting rid of all but the bare essentials makes the server lose its uniqueness. 

I agree with automated training tho. (DI is boring as all hell)

Edited by Illager, Director of Memes

Professional minge, quality shitposter on SCPRP Command discord