Weapons to counter robotics - Denied

Droz(Fish)

What you want to see? - A weapon to counter robotic classes

Why should we add it? - Research and some custom classes are robotic and in reality tranquilizers wont work on them so i would like to see a taser or EMP grenade to help counter the classes. if both are added you can set it for a specific amount of time for the class to be knocked out, but fair augmentations for the thrower and their team (example: a CI tased a RIG and could be out for 5 or 6 seconds but the team throwing it cant shoot for 2 seconds or can hack it to bring it to their side)

What are the advantages of having this? - Players using RIG or other classes that cant be tranqed realistically can be countered but fairly and for MTF can counter hacked robotics

Who is it mainly for? - MTF and CI

• Dislike 5

Its not a war crime if your not caught!

Death solves all problems - No man, no problems.

1 hour ago, Bionicle said:

What robotic classes?

and you can’t tranq people anyways

Classes that have robot models. Not human. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

But.... you cant tranq Humans anyways?

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

-Support
MTF Standard Operating Procedures along with MOTD disallow any sort of use of tranquilizer against humanoid personnel. Plus, this is a semi-serious RP server, and I do not see how this could really benefit anyone.

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

-Support as I'm confused on why this is being suggested, also seems unnecessary.

5 hours ago, Falxen said:

But.... you cant tranq Humans anyways?

They are robots, not humans, which what he's referring to.

12 hours ago, Bionicle said:

What robotic classes?

You know, like Legion, Rho 36, HLPR, etc.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

• Manager
21 hours ago, Kratos™ said:

You can't tranq people.

-Support

13 hours ago, MTF OM9 COL Daedran CL46 said:

-Support
MTF Standard Operating Procedures along with MOTD disallow any sort of use of tranquilizer against humanoid personnel. Plus, this is a semi-serious RP server, and I do not see how this could really benefit anyone.

I can understand that we have Custom Classes on the server that are Robotic, but they are just models, they could be humans underneath (even though that would be impossible with how thin Rho is). I can see why  you want a way to have this added, but then people would just have custom classes that were not robots, but just as OP. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

23 hours ago, Droz(Fish) said:

Players using RIG or other classes that cant be tranqed realistically can be countered but fairly and for MTF can counter hacked robotics

What you mean? You cant tranq non SCPs anyway.

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

18 hours ago, MTF OM9 COL Daedran CL46 said:

-Support

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

-Support

There doesn't need to be a specific counter to classes that have robot models, they take damage the same way any other jobs do

Also please don't be tranq-ing anybody, robotic or otherwise

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png