Bring back staff ratio - Denied

Jimmy James

What you want to see? -  Staff ratio of 1:20 or equivalent rule being implemented and enforced again

Why should we add it? - Recently there have been multiple staff sits while there are multiple staff members out Rping. I have logged on to a staff sit waiting for 20+ minutes while there are active staff on that are ignoring sits and basically refusing to do a job they agreed to. I wont say im perfect by any means but I try to get on and handle those long sits whenever i can but i dont feel like others are pulling their weight and making it fair for the few of us that do actually get on and clean up the sits. 

What are the advantages of having this? - Players that join this community shouldn't have to wait 5 minutes let alone 20+ minutes for a staff sit and it isn't fair to them that staff are refusing to get online and ignore staff chat when asked to get on duty. This will make a much more successful staff team and make the lives of the payers much easier if they aren't waiting around for 20 minutes to do their staff sit

Who is it mainly for? - Everybody but rule applies to staff

Links to any content - N/A

I totally agree with you. I think it should be instant removal if caught not on staff (not afk) when sits are sitting there.

When I joined PoliceRP I thought it would be as good as SCPRP where staff would hop on if needed or nicely ask a Senior Admin who would INSTANTLY grab that one call.

I have also noticed Senior Admin+ are not as convienent as they are on SCPRP, I think PoliceRP staff  need a field trip to how SCPRP staffing is done.

• Heart-Eyes 1

+support

Today server was at 50 players, not a signle staff on duty and people resorted to ask in OOC for someone to get on, still no one....

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

• Head Admin

Major +Support

This has been an ongoing issue with staff which I have also noticed. There could be 2+ reports open with at least 10+ minutes of waiting time; I myself have had to take a lot of those sits off duty. If anything, I think that the ratio would help us (as much as I hate saying it) and I think a reminder to younger staff that Senior Admin+ are the only ones with ratio bypass so unless if the person is AFK, they should not have an excuse to not get on duty.

Forklift_Signature.png

1 minute ago, Will (WTLM2013) said:

Major +Support

This has been an ongoing issue with staff which I have also noticed. There could be 2+ reports open with at least 10+ minutes of waiting time; I myself have had to take a lot of those sits off duty. If anything, I think that the ratio would help us (as much as I hate saying it) and I think a reminder to younger staff that Senior Admin+ are the only ones with ratio bypass so unless if the person is AFK, they should not have an excuse to not get on duty.

|Ex PD LT|Delta squad RCT| Ex senior moderator| 

50 minutes ago, Will (WTLM2013) said:

Major +Support

2 hours ago, Will (WTLM2013) said:

Major +Support

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

+Support

• On-Going issue despite multiple warnings from Matthew.
  • Staff refusing to get on duty (after being asked by Super Admins & others).
  • It has been mentioned many many times at Staff Meetings.
  • It isn't fair 

Bottom line, staff sign up to do this job. Yes, it comes with many perks but it isn't a free ride. 

spacer.png

3 hours ago, [GL] Game Theorist said:

+Support

• It isn't fair 

Bottom line, staff sign up to do this job. Yes, it comes with many perks but it isn't a free ride. 

• I think as before, personal events, AFK, should be the only reason you cannot get on to staff. 

I wanted to mention this super quick and I'm gonna quote myself here, I think that people are forgetting that we, as in children, students, etc still have school during this whole thing. While we may be off, we still have schedules and I think some people as forgetting that... what I'm saying is that people still work (essential, etc) and some have school. While this isn't an issue for most, I think it needs to be addressed. But, doesn't exclude staff member that are online and we also have a little bit of EU. Personally, I don't like getting yelled at when I have to do school work. I get that we signed up for staffing but don't think we thought a virus would come. 

Edited by Ender

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

5 hours ago, [GL] Game Theorist said:

+Support

• It isn't fair 

+Support

• It isn't fair 

No it's not "Nano" or "Noah" it's just "Nao"

EX S.W.A.T Commander

+Support

• It isn't fair 

Signature.png

7 hours ago, [GL] Game Theorist said:

+Support

• It isn't fair 

Killer | Gaminglight Member Since 2016 | Retired PD Colonel l State Major l SPRT Co-Commander l FBI Assistant Director l  UMC Level 4

+Support

While I may not have personally played on PRP in a long time, I can agree that a staff ratio should be added back to the server to help keep a positive player to staff relationship. The community would benefit from this as a whole, and staff would receive a respectable image in regards to their overall efficiency. Staffing should be taken seriously, not matter your overall rank in the Administration field, not blown off due to your desire to RP, and while yes I can understand you may not have the chance to do that every instance you get, but you signed up to be a staff member, so you need to do your part much like you would do in an RP related regiment.

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

16 hours ago, Will (WTLM2013) said:

Major +Support

Its sad how we have to ask for this again i know all the staff members disliked it in the past but yet we signed up for this job and no one is taking it seriously! I agree with jimmy sadly we do need to bring this back and not only does this make our staff team look bad we are making SMT look bad. Please if you dont feel like you can staff anymore contact SMT and open up the slots for new people to help.

Former FBI COS | PD LT | DS PFC | Former HRT Overseer | Gaminglight PRP Admin

• Manager
19 hours ago, Sion said:

+support

Today server was at 50 players, not a signle staff on duty and people resorted to ask in OOC for someone to get on, still no one....

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

On 5/8/2020 at 11:52 PM, [GL] Game Theorist said:

+Support

• It isn't fair 

could we have some sort of way for everyone to get fair amounts of time to staff and roleplay? most people hated ratio before because of being forced off roleplay by higher ups,

5q3NfnC.png

On 5/8/2020 at 4:12 PM, Will (WTLM2013) said:

Major +Support

spacer.png

-support Even back when we had ratio we'd have problems like this, low staff activity, people going AFK any time ratio was called, etc. Trying to enforce a ratio isnt going to do anything positive, in fact it'll drive some good staff members away because it will burn them out faster. Example, 60 people on but very few sits and one staff could handle it. With ratio 3 would be required to be on. You'd be burning out 3 good (assumedly good) staff members instead of one and make the problem even worse. IMO what needs to happen is higher staff members ordering people on and, if needed, force jobbing. And not just "Hey, we need someone" as no one will respond. It needs to be "Hey you, get on" preferably staff members who havent been on much. And no, that doesnt mean TMODs and MODs do 90% of ratio filling

TLDR -support Ratio burns out good staff members quicker, higher staff need to actually lead and discipline those under them

Edited by Rocco_Rex

Retired as IRP assistant head game master, IRP SNR admin, PRP admin, IC Commander, SRT 2LT, EMS Head Deputy, FR DEFR

On 5/9/2020 at 5:43 AM, MTF OM9 COL Daedran CL46 said:

+Support

While I may not have personally played on PRP in a long time, I can agree that a staff ratio should be added back to the server to help keep a positive player to staff relationship. The community would benefit from this as a whole, and staff would receive a respectable image in regards to their overall efficiency. Staffing should be taken seriously, not matter your overall rank in the Administration field, not blown off due to your desire to RP, and while yes I can understand you may not have the chance to do that every instance you get, but you signed up to be a staff member, so you need to do your part much like you would do in an RP related regiment.

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

+ Support 

Needs to be reinstated

Edited by Echo

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people's thinking." -Steve Jobs

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." -Babe Ruth

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." -Thomas A. Edison

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss

On 5/8/2020 at 4:12 PM, Will (WTLM2013) said:

Major +Support

also i  dont think snr admins should not  get an ratio bypass as  i dont see them do much  to help    lower staff ranks  out    

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King