Add New Weapons - TFA Shotguns and Snipers Edition! - Denied

Duncan  McOkiner

EDIT (5/7/20): I rewrote the post in its entirety. Some of you did not understand the post, while some of you have never played Gaminglight SCPRP. I have added photos and clarity to help those of you who fall in these categories understand. I also changed the post to Grey Text, because the white text hurts my eyes sometimes.

What you want to see? - I would like to see more of the already available TFA weapons added. As the server already has LOTS of Assault Rifles, SMGs, and Pistols, the PoliceRP server has a very limited number of Shotguns and Snipers. 

Why should we add it? - I believe this should be added for three primary reasons: Finances, Variety, and Roleplay. Adding these new Shotguns and Sniper will absolutely change the meta, causing Custom Classes to pay the required fees to add them to their classes. EASY money to be made. This would also allow for Government units to carry a much more varied array of weaponry, such as Automatic Shotguns and Integrated-Silenced Snipers - making the overabundance of Government Organizations more unique. Among these two important things, Gun Dealers (advanced and non-advanced) would be able to sell these weapons, adding to their Roleplay. 

What are the advantages of having this? - I know from experience that TFA Weapons are extremely easy to balance on the Administrative side of things, so balance between old and new weaponry is not an issue. The Server will almost definitely get a large income of money via Custom Classes for very little effort of adding the Shotguns and Snipers.

Who is it mainly for? - Server Bank Account; Any Player that uses Weaponry at any time

Links to any content - I could not find where they are in Igneous' Content Packs, however, they should be very easy to find for Zeep/Igneous to find if accepted. Here are some screenshots of the weapons in question, however:

SHOTGUNS: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2086603872
SNIPERShttps://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2086603895

One More Edit: For those of you wondering, "But where are the XM, Nova, and Awp that I am familiar with?", they are located under the TFA: CS:GO Tab, just as they are on PoliceRP. These screenshots were taken on the SCPRP. 

Edited by Duncan McOkiner
Clarity, Screenshots

-support

-In General I can’t really dissect this properly of what you are trying to say.

-The reason why we usually have the nova is because it does it’s job and does it well.

-There’s no point adding in more guns we stick to the ones we trained with or have experience with.  “Standard issue”

-And I haven’t played SCPRP so god who knows if something is more OP than the Negev.

Hau you doing 

11 hours ago, Hau said:

-support

-The reason why we usually have the nova is because it does it’s job and does it well.

-There’s no point adding in more guns we stick to the ones we trained with or have experience with.  “Standard issue”

-And I haven’t played SCPRP so god who knows if something is more OP than the Negev.

19 hours ago, Hau said:

-support

- I have edited the post for clarity, sir. Please re-read to understand the post better.

- Yes, the Nova does its job well. However, there are guns that are better and much more tactical. 

- Why does it exclusively have to be about Government? This affects anyone on the server that uses weaponry.

- TFA Weapon Balancing is extremely easy. It is, quite literally, going to lua/autorun/weapons/weapon_id, opening the init.lua, and there are all the values. The weapons have already been balanced for SCPRP, damage values may need to be lowered SLIGHTLY to adjust for less overall armor.

18 hours ago, Sion said:

Its up to the department heads whats in each job. Ask them instead 

- This is not exclusively for Government. I would also like to know your opinions on more weaponry for every other player that uses weaponry.

9 hours ago, Kade said:

TBH even if they add more weapons, these are the GOTO weapons..and that isn't going to change most likely.

Yes and No. I have been here long enough to see players change VERY rapidly for the current meta (I.E. When AWS was found out, the HK416 Adjusted, the KAC PDW adjusted, etc). 

People will jump very quickly to the current meta, regardless of cost.

On 5/7/2020 at 10:44 PM, SupremeLord Kami said:

-Support

Not necessary tbh, doubt anything will change regardless. We already have enough scoped rifles and shotguns.

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

On 5/6/2020 at 11:35 PM, Sion said:

Its up to the department heads whats in each job. Ask them instead 

This is not true

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

On 5/7/2020 at 4:19 AM, Hau said:

-support

5q3NfnC.png

On 5/8/2020 at 3:44 AM, SupremeLord Kami said:

-Support

Not necessary tbh, doubt anything will change regardless. We already have enough scoped rifles and shotguns.

- Support

Also adding to this I don't think those weapons would be added for purposes of Zeeptin doesn't want any more Custom Content weapons I've witnessed and know this despite them being TFA weapons I highly doubt this would be allowed or accepted to be honest 👎

DF Commander | CERT Team LeaderGaming Light Legend Mr Top Donator

• 2 weeks later...
  • Head Admin
2 hours ago, Jayden said:

+Support

This would be great for variety.

All of the departments wouldn't have the same weapons this way, as there would be multiple good options.

While I get the fact others think that it is not necessary to add more guns (especially more shotguns and snipers of all things), you have to realize that some of these guns have been around for years and some change every now and again is fun and helps to change how the game is played.

+Support

ALs6j_EhXkr61kQS1B7NLXq2Y5mRM1v5siUmOqed

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

I do have plans to hopefully add more weapons, however not at this moment.

PoliceRP Manager

Retired SRT Commander | Police Commissioner | Department Supervisor