SCP-RP Custom Job Suggestion - Accepted

[GL] Inaccurate

What you want to see? -

I would like to see Utility and Research CCs allowed again. These CCs would be called "Non-Combatant" custom jobs and would have specific rules regarding them:

1. They may not have heavy weaponry (e.g LMGs, Snipers).
2. They may only attack in self defense.

3. They may be switched to a CI/MTF/Security Job by paying the 50$ fee.

4. They can only spawn in LCZ areas (e.g Research bunks, Medbay, Utility Bunks).

5. People on the CC are considered the equivalent to   Junior Research/Tech/Janitor or a  Resident unless the person on the job has a rank in Research or Utility. They would have to follow the rules of the rank/branch.

6. They can't have models that resemble MTF/CI/Security.

7. Can't have more than 100/100 health/armor

Why should we add it? - Some people want a cc to RP, not shooty shooty. This will allow people to get a CC that is more RP based and have a RP job that is customized to them.

What are the advantages of having this? - Allows people to do in-depth RP on CCs, may get more people to buy a CC.

Who is it mainly for? - People who want a Utility/Research CC.

Links to any content - N/A
I understand that these were removed due to Dr.Slime, but one person shouldn't ruin it all for everyone else.

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate
  • Like 3

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

+Support, i dont understand why these wouldn't be allowed.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

46 minutes ago, BadAim said:

Dr. Slime flashbacks

1 hour ago, Falxen said:

+Support, i dont understand why these wouldn't be allowed.

I believe they were outlawed as people were simply just making discount mtf/gensec cc's 

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

+Support

Keep in mind that having a CC in relation to Utilitarian and Research based regiments means that you may no longer go on surface at will under any circumstance if you are based within the foundation or you can and will be PKed according to the PK guidelines provided by SMT, and with proper permission from SMT. Also I believe that CC's in this regard should be permitted level 2/3 keycards to move throughout the foundation at will without question, with the possible exception of EZ, those decisions being made by said regiments SOP Guidelines, MTF High Command personnel along with SA's, and protocols that are in place, otherwise I see no real issue with this suggestion, so long as CC requests remain legitimate and reasonable.

Edited by MTF OM9 COL Daedran CL46

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

+Support

• Opens up CC market to further donator interests from more RP-oriented folks
  • Should be possible to enforce proposed rules to avoid further "discount MTFs" from being made as a loophole to the system
  • May need some sort of 'forfeiture of CC' punishment clause if the owner of the CC continually breaks the branch SOPs they should be following. (Preventing further Dr Slimes from occurring)

As the owner of a legit Utility CC, I think it's kind of a neat concept that people could really enjoy if it was allowed again. We would of course need to be wary of the ways people would attempt to game the rules, and have a prepared way to actually punish these people if an RP punishment cannot be given to them by the branch they are representing. This is important in the instance they attempt to do something like, for example, decide they don't have to follow an SOP because they arent officially in a branch even though their CC is related to the branch.

I know Dr Slime was a thing in the past, but we may want to avoid permanently preventing anyone else from getting a chance to own a CC that is part of an RP-focused branch they love. Right now the market for CCs is somewhat restricted to those interested in PVP or gunplay, and I know the interest still exists out there for Util/Research CCs that can be more in depth roleplay characters.

Edited by CanOBeanz

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

4 hours ago, BadAim said:

Dr. Slime flashbacks

Indeed.

I'm going to state a few things about Dr. Slime and his CC. What he did was make a normal CC (Research). Then he turned it to a CI CC without paying the $50 required. So he committed mass Failrp/RDM and was banned.

But, +support. I would like to be a Researcher CC or utility CC.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

+Support

Would add a great roleplay experience to players within their respectful branches. There should be different rules set in place for each different branch custom class though.

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

9 hours ago, MTF OM9 COL Daedran CL46 said:

+Support

Keep in mind that having a CC in relation to Utilitarian and Research based regiments means that you may no longer go on surface at will under any circumstance if you are based within the foundation or you can and will be PKed according to the PK guidelines provided by SMT, and with proper permission from SMT. Also I believe that CC's in this regard should be permitted level 2/3 keycards to move throughout the foundation at will without question, with the possible exception of EZ, those decisions being made by said regiments SOP Guidelines, MTF High Command personnel along with SA's, and protocols that are in place, otherwise I see no real issue with this suggestion, so long as CC requests remain legitimate and reasonable.

Slime scares me to this day

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

• Manager
6 hours ago, Your Local Soviet said:

+Support

Would add a great roleplay experience to players within their respectful branches. There should be different rules set in place for each different branch custom class though.

10 hours ago, MTF OM9 COL Daedran CL46 said:

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

9 hours ago, Your Local Soviet said:

+Support

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

On 5/5/2020 at 3:14 PM, Your Local Soviet said:

+Support

Femboy Hooters. No Cogs he's mine.

Omi9 2LT Lee JL6

On 5/6/2020 at 4:15 AM, Ritz said:

I believe they were outlawed as people were simply just making discount mtf/gensec cc's 

^^ good examples are slime and baguette (the 2 only research/utility CCs)

+/-support

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

28 minutes ago, Rangiatea said:

+/-support

The hope with the restrictions proposed it would prevent things like this from happening

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

On 5/9/2020 at 6:04 PM, Rangiatea said:

+/-support

Don't forget HLPR bot, he good boi 😇

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

On 5/5/2020 at 2:31 PM, CanOBeanz said:

+Support

• Should be possible to enforce proposed rules to avoid further "discount MTFs" from being made as a loophole to the system
  • May need some sort of 'forfeiture of CC' punishment clause if the owner of the CC continually breaks the branch SOPs they should be following. (Preventing further Dr Slimes from occurring)

As the owner of a legit Utility CC, I think it's kind of a neat concept that people could really enjoy if it was allowed again. We would of course need to be wary of the ways people would attempt to game the rules, and have a prepared way to actually punish these people if an RP punishment cannot be given to them by the branch they are representing. This is important in the instance they attempt to do something like, for example, decide they don't have to follow an SOP because they arent officially in a branch even though their CC is related to the branch.

I know Dr Slime was a thing in the past, but we may want to avoid permanently preventing anyone else from getting a chance to own a CC that is part of an RP-focused branch they love. Right now the market for CCs is somewhat restricted to those interested in PVP or gunplay, and I know the interest still exists out there for Util/Research CCs that can be more in depth roleplay characters.

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

On 5/5/2020 at 2:14 PM, Your Local Soviet said:

+Support

Retired CI LTCMDR | Proud Enuzer | Roblox Pro

On 5/13/2020 at 12:52 AM, CreameyCheesey said:

+Support

I only see more combatant classes in branches that really shouldn't be in combat that much for CI and D-Class to deal with.

Edited by Neo

SCP-RP Moderator | CI LTCOL Boozle LC32 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

I only see more combatant classes in branches that really shouldn't be in combat that much for CI and D-Class to deal with.

How is this relevant?