SCP-106 Spood Boost - Accepted

Gunther

What you want to see? - In case the other suggestion for 106 getting its SWEP cooldown lowered gets denied, I want to see 106 being able to just walk normally or get a speed buff. 

Why should we add it? - Based off the SCP Unity series, which is a canon game, 106 speed walks, meaning the only to truly get rid of him is to find the Tesla, or just run away to the point he gives up. Of course, that would be somewhat impossible in our game, since the Teslas aren't always on, but if you sprint and get away from him, and hide, he can't take you. So I would like to see allowing 106 to be able to normal walk, no alt walking, OR if he has to alt walk, give him a 'spood boost' so he is much faster.  

What are the advantages of having this? - 106 is slow, its really hard to capture people when people can literally just run circles around him in a hallway. Giving 106 a speed buff would make him a lot more dangerous and feel more like a threat, instead of a minor obstacle.

Who is it mainly for? - SCP 106

Links to any content - 

• Like 1

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

3 minutes ago, Bread said:

106 is supposed to be slow..

Thats why he can tp through stuff. 

-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

• Manager
1 hour ago, [GL] Zeus said:

-Support

1 hour ago, Bread said:

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

4 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

-Support

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

7 hours ago, Bread said:

Well according to Unity, which everything in that game is canon, he walks with a bit of hustle. You could argue our server is based off the original Containment Breach, in which I say: Look at SCP-939's model.

Edit: Just look at this video. 106 is not dragging his feet. He's literally up on this guy's ass, along with coming out of walls to hit him in the ribs. 

image.png.a0c26c3c71da08e6a3913e99cf71af3d.png

Edited by Gunther
  • Dislike 3

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+Support, 106 is ridiculously easy to avoid, certainly with him only being able to take 1 victim at a time. Its a Keter SCP, and should pose an actual threath.
And as far as him TP'n through stuff goes, that doesn't help in nearly all situations due to his  slow speed regardless, as most people will see him before he gets to them.

If he were allowed to walk normaly it'd allow him to be a tad better, while it would still be possible to outrun him.

Edited by Falxen

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

2 hours ago, Gunther said:

You could argue our server is based off the original Containment Breach, in which I say: Look at SCP-939's model.

But what you're comparing here is an appearance, not a change in physical interaction with humanoid beings, and being as how SCP 939's physical demeanor and overall interaction with those it deems hostile hasn't changed, this in my opinion is not a valid argument. While with 106, the situation is reversed, you're requesting a change in regards to the physics of the SCP and how it reacts with those it deems hostile, or "prey" in this case. This is a lot different than a simple change in appearance. 

One of the main reasons SCP-106 is required to walk so slowly in correlation to the original SCP:CB game is because it's the primary and most reliable source for how SCP's are supposed to physically interact with the player, this being mentioned now being as how it was before. I can reassure you that SCP-106 does not navigate at a normal walking pace in the original game. Physical interaction is hard to calculate as it is, and comparing the movement speed between the Unity based game and the physics we are using on Gmod, the variables are completely different. The player moves faster in Gmod than it does in Unity, but 106 moves SIGNIFICANTLY faster than it did in the original CB release. And while Unity claims that it's content is "Canon" this does not include physics included in said game, it's referring to the lore behind SCP's that are included in said game, so I believe your use of said term was incorrect. In fiction, canon is the material accepted as officially part of the story in the fictional universe of that story. It is often contrasted with, or used as the basis for, works of fan fiction. This includes unity, proving further that it doesn't hold as much reliability as the original.

Secondly, if he were at a normal walking pace players with the ability to B hop, probably would, and being as how this can be easily achieved at normal walking speeds due to the fact that I do it all the time on my MTF job, I can tell you that he can get around VERY quickly, much faster than his original walk, and still that of the rather speedy stride as you displayed from the unity clip. It's more for "realism" and keeping it that way in comparison to how the SCP's react with the player in the original game.

Edited by MTF OM9 COL Daedran CL46

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

-Support, We are a Semi Serious RP server First Of all, Second of all just because we have a model from unity doesnt make our server all connected to unity and that we HAVE to follow every single detail of the game.

Current : 
Former : Nu7 COL, HSU Founder (I wrote the SOP so I'm very important clearly), Nu7 MAJ x 2, E11 2LT, SCP Senior Mod, TTT SA, JvS Admin, TS Support 3,  HSU Commissar (💀), RRH Guardian 01
 default_8be418cb-c616-4f46-8ad7-5070b0e81aec_2.jpg.60c85fe9470c071c4e72b026f7a76494.jpg

9 hours ago, Bread said:

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

2 hours ago, Falxen said:

+Support, 106 is ridiculously easy to avoid, certainly with him only being able to take 1 victim at a time. Its a Keter SCP, and should pose an actual threath.
And as far as him TP'n through stuff goes, that doesn't help in nearly all situations due to his  slow speed regardless, as most people will see him before he gets to them.

If he were allowed to walk normaly it'd allow him to be a tad better, while it would still be possible to outrun him.

Yeah, you can literally side step him so hard.

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

+Support

Sometimes i feel bad for 106 due to the alt walk speed, especially in medbay where he can be ring-a-rosied endlessly even if he tries to port through the middle part. 

I'd be supportive of a smol  movement speed boost.

• Like 1

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

6 hours ago, pixelated pancakes said:

-Support, We are a Semi Serious RP server First Of all, Second of all just because we have a model from unity doesnt make our server all connected to unity and that we HAVE to follow every single detail of the game.

Didn't say that, I said because we have a model from Unity, our server is not completely based off CB, I know we are Semi-Serious, but to be fair, we follow CB with a great amount of detail, so why can't we also use Unity as a canon source.

7 hours ago, MTF OM9 COL Daedran CL46 said:

One of the main reasons SCP-106 is required to walk so slowly in correlation to the original SCP:CB game is because it's the primary and most reliable source for how SCP's are supposed to physically interact with the player, this being mentioned now being as how it was before. I can reassure you that SCP-106 does not navigate at a normal walking pace in the original game. Physical interaction is hard to calculate as it is, and comparing the movement speed between the Unity based game and the physics we are using on Gmod, the variables are completely different. The player moves faster in Gmod than it does in Unity, but 106 moves SIGNIFICANTLY faster than it did in the original CB release. And while Unity claims that it's content is "Canon" this does not include physics included in said game, it's referring to the lore behind SCP's that are included in said game, so I believe your use of said term was incorrect. In fiction, canon is the material accepted as officially part of the story in the fictional universe of that story. It is often contrasted with, or used as the basis for, works of fan fiction. This includes unity, proving further that it doesn't hold as much reliability as the original.

Well there's a couple issues with this, for starters,
Even CB is a fan game. I did a bit more research and both CB and Unity are and aren't canon, because since they are both fan made games and therefore, not officially endorsed or associated with the SCP-wiki, they both can be considered canon because the whole SCP Universe has both no canon and everything is canon, excluding the basic stuff (Safe, Euclid, Keter, O5, MTF, etc.) which is OFFICIAL CANON. 
------------------------------------
Second issue is that in CB he walks slow, and in Unity, he walks a bit faster. Now while we do go off the original as source material, from a RP gameplay standpoint it doesn't work. The OG 106 can phase through anything with literal easy, whereas in our version 106 gets stuck on walls and on the floor when he teleports, which slows the chase down. It also didn't matter if you hid, you can still find you, whereas is our game, you can go literally in any room or just duck into a bunks and you are safe. With the OG game, you had a sprint meter, meaning 106 would eventually catch up to you. In our game, you can literally sprint past him once, and outrun him completely, and he can't do anything about it. Also, look at the server, some of the SCPs are based off neither, 076, 1245, 194, 5028, 098, etc, so why is it much of a difference if we based some of our information on both?

2 hours ago, CanOBeanz said:

I'd be supportive of a smol  movement speed boost.

Also, yea, need I remind everyone I'm not asking for him to go Sonic speed, I'm just asking he goes slightly slower than the standard walk with keys out.

Edited by Gunther

200.gif

19 hours ago, Falxen said:

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

-support ,  I dont needa be chased by Uncle Larry no thank you.

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

On 5/5/2020 at 7:15 AM, Falxen said:

No one Remembers me ~ AHOT Reaper

+support

Easy to avoid

Easy to contain

Its gmod, so sweps are limited, 106 is meant to be able to teleport where ever likes and hide in walls, use its pocket dimension to surprise people such and such. 106 on the server does none of these things, hes just an scp that if you close a door on it, it will just go through it. I feel a speed boost should be added so that it is more threatening and it can be used to even the odds a little.

Also is every game with 106 in it, he is much faster than an alt walk. He moved with (like said) a little bit of hustle. Bare in mind 106 is meant to stay still and hunt his pray for a logn time, so hes not gonna let is prey literally be able to normally walk of as its going too slow....

2 hours ago, Illager, Director of Memes said:

>SCP Unity is a canon game

There is no SCP canon...

Yea, I kinda failed to explain very well, both of them aren't "official canon" due to them not being licensed by scp-wiki but at the same time, anything and everything from scp-wiki and the two games can be considered canon to a degree. Its wonky. MTF, O5, the Safe, Euclid, and Keter terms, those are all "Official Canon" due to being license and created by the wiki, but things like SCP:CB and Unity include the Official SCPs from the wiki, but the games themselves is not canon due them not being created and licensed by the Wiki. Basically canon is whatever you want it to be, but anything created by the wiki is "Official Canon".

200.gif

+support as an MTF im able to jump circles around him 

SCPRP : CI LTCOL | H10 Warden X A1 SPC Frontier Nu-7 CPT Former:  MTF D5 VCMDR | RRH Guardian Alpha 12 O-1 PVT Frontier | G.O.C Lieutenant (rest in peace)
Imperial: N/A Former: 31st 2LT

-Support

In lore he is suppose to be slow and he can "walk through" closed-off walls/doors.

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅