Light's Staff Restriction Appeal

The Light

Steam Name: [GL] Light

Ingame Name: Dr Alto Clef

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:155905660

Staff Restriction Length: 3 Months

Staff Member that Staff Restricted you: Rangiatea

Reason for Staff Restriction: Name didn't have AFK/was AFK on the Foundation Doctor class/3 times on Rangs List

Why do you think that your Staff Restriction should be removed? (longer the better):  To start off I am simpily doing this because I want to be able to become Staff and Event Team again. Now to clarify I did know the rules for being AFK and I am very sorry for not doing that but I had a family issue I needed to deal with or else I get the punishment that no one wants. I know I am writing this a few hours after I have gotten my Staff Restriction but I want to show that I am dedicated and wanting to try again. I know my mistakes, I will make sure I do the right thing next time and be a better Staff Member/Event Team Member. If removing my Staff Restriction isn't possible then if it is possible just lower the time.

Thank you for Reading this.

Former  

70672632_Untitled(15).png.7d232f74c3ac9624b835990cffc361e8.png

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

This can't be the reason you were removed from staff unless you were Trial Mod maybe? Being AFK on a branch job doesn't seem like a suitable reason to be removed from staff. And what does this part mean?

3 hours ago, The Light said:

3 times on Rangs List

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

This can't be the reason you were removed from staff unless you were Trial Mod maybe? Being AFK on a branch job doesn't seem like a suitable reason to be removed from staff. And what does this part mean?

To explain, whenever tickets are stacking up and Rang has to yell at people to get on duty and take them he writes down the names of all the Staff Members currently on the server who are not AFK (on a job they are actualy allowed to be AFK on), and this follows a 3 times your out policy. 

Now what i assume happened here (And, i might be wrong, but this is what i suspect)  Is that Light here was not taking tickets when he should have been 3 times in the past month, and as of such has been removed from the Staff Team and given a Staff Restriction.

Anyhow as far as the actual appeal goes, you say you had family issue's this time, but then what about the other 2 times? 

Edited by Falxen

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

1 hour ago, Falxen said:

To explain, whenever tickets are stacking up and Rang has to yell at people to get on duty and take them he writes down the names of all the Staff Members currently on the server who are not AFK (on a job they are actualy allowed to be AFK on), and this follows a 3 times your out policy. 

Now what i assume happened here (And, i might be wrong, but this is what i suspect)  Is that Light here was not taking tickets when he should have been 3 times in the past month, and as of such has been removed from the Staff Team and given a Staff Restriction.

Anyhow as far as the actual appeal goes, you say you had family issue's this time, but then what about the other 2 times? 

So with that in mind, I'm gonna -Support this because even if we ignore this situation here, he still did this a first and second time within the past month, whether it involved AFK-ing on a job that you're not allowed to AFK on, or being not AFK and not taking sits. As someone who used to be Admin, I can tell you as a regular person now, waiting for staff to answer a call because they are "too busy RPing" is annoying af. I can also tell you taking those sits right when they pop up, even if you're in the middle of something, makes yourself look good because it means you take the job seriously.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

10 hours ago, Falxen said:

The other 2 times were just simply my fault.

Edited by The Light

Former  

"Foundation Doctor and a Medical Doctor are 2 god damn different things." -Light   "Can you heal me."-Entire Foundation   "Ok Sophia"-Arium

19 hours ago, The Light said:

Reason for Staff Restriction: Name didn't have AFK/was AFK on the Foundation Doctor class/3 times on Rangs List

I may just be stupid but why would you AFKing on the Foundation Doctor Class get you restricted from staff?

EX. Ninth Sister, EX. Shock VCMDR, EX E-11 LT, EX General Grevious, EX Senate VCMDR EX Minge      Member Since October 2016                                                            Contact me on Discord @Frozty#5501 for any questions or concerns 

53 minutes ago, Blitz said:

I may just be stupid but why would you AFKing on the Foundation Doctor Class get you restricted from staff?

That's not the reason, the first two times he did it, he wasn't AFK and wasn't taking sits when they came up. Rang assumed he was ingame because he was on a job he's not supposed to AFK on to begin with and he didn't have AFK in his name.

200.gif

Additional information for those providing + or - Support:

People who become staff members on a server are told that staff duties come before RP duties or scenarios. This is because as a staff member you make a commitment to make the server a more enjoyable place for the entire community. Recently we've been having issues where staff members are playing on their RP jobs when sit requests will pop up and no one will take those sits. This causes a significant negative impact on players, as they don't have staff members to support them when RDM/FailRP/etc is occurring. Currently, we don't have staffing ratios, which is a mandated staff to player number where staff members would be mandated to be staffing if reached, as we believe it is important for staff members to still be able to RP if there aren't any sits coming in. However, to keep this model, we need staff to break away from their RP duties to hop on staff when sits do start coming in.

All staff members have been warned, numerous times over the past couple months, that if a bunch of admin sits are flooding in and no one is taking them and no one is hoping onto staff to assist their names would be documented by the SMT team. To be removed from the staff team for this type of conduct there needs to be three documented occasions where the staff member failed to meet the expectations set for them by taking sits.

19 hours ago, Illager, Director of Memes said:

+Support

Rang got salty. Plain and simple. AT MOST you should have gotten a demotion to Mod, and if I were in Rang's shoes I would just give you a strike

So this is just straight up wrong. Light had a documented history of twice before not taking admin sits when he was online, which Light has even admitted to here. This third incident, where he was AFK on a job he shouldn't have been AFK'ing on in the first place and not available to take sits, made it a third incident. As someone who isn't a staff member, nor a SMT member, I request you don't say what "should" have happened as you aren't privy to current staffing rules and dynamics.

• Like 1

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

-support 

I don’t want to come off as rude when I say this, but when you sign up for staff you’re expected to staff, and during training, (or at least every time I’ve been trained for t-mod on any GL server), they tell that staffing comes before RP. When you RP and ignore the staffing you get put on Rang’s list. I think it is absolutely fair that you got staff restricted because you showed that you aren’t prioritizing staffing. My opinion is that you should wait out the rest of the 3 months. 

I apologize if I came out as over the top or rude. 

Thank you,

October

You were AFKing/completely ignoring staff duties multiple times. When rang is LITERALLY yelling at you on TeamSpeak to get on and don't get on anyways, that's clearly an issue. Wait it out. 

lol, lmao even

32 minutes ago, Bread said:

You were AFKing/completely ignoring staff duties multiple times. When rang is LITERALLY yelling at you on TeamSpeak to get on and don't get on anyways, that's clearly an issue. Wait it out. 

Every staff and ET member could hear this in TS

-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

On 5/4/2020 at 8:57 PM, Bread said:

-Support from me. I like you Light but you should probably wait it out.

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

On 5/5/2020 at 4:12 AM, October said:

-support 

I don’t want to come off as rude when I say this, but when you sign up for staff you’re expected to staff, and during training, (or at least every time I’ve been trained for t-mod on any GL server), they tell that staffing comes before RP. When you RP and ignore the staffing you get put on Rang’s list. I think it is absolutely fair that you got staff restricted because you showed that you aren’t prioritizing staffing. My opinion is that you should wait out the rest of the 3 months. 

I apologize if I came out as over the top or rude. 

Thank you,

October

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

On 5/3/2020 at 3:24 PM, Illager, Director of Memes said:

+Support

Rang got salty. Plain and simple. AT MOST you should have gotten a demotion to Mod, and if I were in Rang's shoes I would just give you a strike

You have no idea what you are talking about, especially calling Rang salty which is as funny as it is incorrect.

-/+ Support

You are a pretty good guy but you also were staff restricted 4 days ago which I don't think is enough time.

SCPRP Head of Staff

Lead Discord Administrator 

-SUPPORT

Im not staff on SCP-RP anymore, however, from what I do know you do the typical "Yeah imma AFK on a job so I don't have to do my staffing duties." which is the biggest slap in the face. 

If family issues was an issue one time, sure. By all means. But what about the other 2 times that were mentioned by Gunther? The biggest flaw I see staff doing is when they dont want to do their jobs, they will go AFK on purpose until someone fills the shoes and then they go on about their day. Im not saying that this is true, but im also saying this isn't true. You signed up for staff to help the community and if that is too much of an issue for you, don't put the burden on other staff who need you when the time comes. 

Either way, it's 3 months and I HIGHLY doubt Rang would remove you + staff restrict you for a 1 time thing. If he feels that punishment is needed, then I believe in his judgement. 

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

2 hours ago, ~ vσxιs ~ said:

-SUPPORT

Im not staff on SCP-RP anymore, however, from what I do know you do the typical "Yeah imma AFK on a job so I don't have to do my staffing duties." which is the biggest slap in the face. 

If family issues was an issue one time, sure. By all means. But what about the other 2 times that were mentioned by Gunther? The biggest flaw I see staff doing is when they dont want to do their jobs, they will go AFK on purpose until someone fills the shoes and then they go on about their day. Im not saying that this is true, but im also saying this isn't true. You signed up for staff to help the community and if that is too much of an issue for you, don't put the burden on other staff who need you when the time comes. 

Either way, it's 3 months and I HIGHLY doubt Rang would remove you + staff restrict you for a 1 time thing. If he feels that punishment is needed, then I believe in his judgement. 

When I go AFK it's not because I don't wanna do my job thats just me being stupid forgetting to get off the job because I needed to go eat dinner and/or clean the dishes, but I do see where you come from since I used to know lot of people go AFK just not to staff.

Edited by The Light

Former  

1 hour ago, The Light said:

When I go AFK it's not because I don't wanna do my job thats just me being stupid forgetting to get off the job because I needed to go eat dinner and/or clean the dishes, but I do see where you come from since I used to know lot of people go AFK just not to staff.

It's one of the most infuriating things that any super active staff members have to deal with. Believe me. 

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

13 hours ago, th3 said:

-/+ Support

You are a pretty good guy but you also were staff restricted 4 days ago which I don't think is enough time.

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

-Support

You've been restricted for less than 14 days, which I do not believe is enough time to reflect on actions that you took, or failed to take during your staffing experience, and while I understand you may have had the occasion of a personal emergency, it doesn't excuse you. You openly acknowledged your mistake and failed to fix it during your Trial Period and were deemed unfit at the time because of it. Being a former staff member I can say that the staffing team as a whole needs to be dedicated to their cause because if they are not, like in the instances you may have been needed, a negative image is painted on the communities administration team as a whole, which is not good for the community. And while I understand that you may have had things you needed to tend to, it does not excuse you from this, if it is that dire then please DC from the server when stuff like that happens.

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

6 hours ago, MTF OM9 COL Daedran CL46 said:

-Support

You've been restricted for less than 14 days, which I do not believe is enough time to reflect on actions that you took, or failed to take during your staffing experience, and while I understand you may have had the occasion of a personal emergency, it doesn't excuse you. You openly acknowledged your mistake and failed to fix it during your Trial Period and were deemed unfit at the time because of it. Being a former staff member I can say that the staffing team as a whole needs to be dedicated to their cause because if they are not, like in the instances you may have been needed, a negative image is painted on the communities administration team as a whole, which is not good for the community. And while I understand that you may have had things you needed to tend to, it does not excuse you from this, if it is that dire then please DC from the server when stuff like that happens.

No one Remembers me ~ AHOT Reaper