Going Forward, Not Allowing Two Opposing Branches' Jobs have the same Models - Accepted

Gunther

What you want to see? - I want to see going forward from now, Custom Jobs, Normal Branch Jobs, AND Special Level Jobs can't copy the model of an opposing branch when they're choosing or replacing models. Obvious exceptions would be Prisoner outfits on D-Class CC's, because obviously orange jumpsuit means D-Class. Examples in which I mean are Red Right Hand using the Reznov "Business suit with Hockey Mask" model, or 'Jack' using a fumigator outfit because you would naturally assume its Utility. 

Why should we add it? - Generally, Models are the easiest way to identify friend or foe. Some exceptions to this are like, for example, 'LONE WOLF' who you wouldn't know unless you read their bio or had prior knowledge. So when a friendly, again using this example, Red Right Hand, uses the model of an enemy, Reznov, its causes a couple of issues, that being you automatically assume its a Reznov because that's one of the models Reznov is most known using. Second issue comes with after shooting and killing them, you get pulled by staff into a sit because you killed a friendly that you assumed was an enemy. To avoid these scenarios altogether, I suggest making it so your model either has to original, or it has to look close enough to your branch to be used. No using like D-Class models as a Security CC, or replacing the CI Heavy model to have the Doomslayer Model.

What are the advantages of having this? - Helps avoid problems involving identifying Friend or Foe, avoids confusion, and helps eliminate these issues before they happen in the future.

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - 

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

• Gunther changed the title to Going Forward, Not Allowing Two Opposing Branches' Jobs have the same Models
3 hours ago, Bionicle said:

-support, this would have to be enforced by SMT, and if you are making a custom job, then you should have the decency to look for an unused model.

I'm not talking about just Custom Jobs, did you even read the post? I'm talking about every playable job.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

+Support

This is a controversial suggestion, but someone had to speak out about it eventually. Personally, I am unsatisfied with how models have been handled on the server lately. The constant confusion has led to countless moments where Gensec has mistaken Class-D for MTF, or MTF mistaking other MTF for CI, which I would imagine to be very frustrating.

I highly doubt this suggestion will go anywhere, as community response has been negative, and it would be quite the task lengthy for SMT to partake. But I do wish you the best of luck.

+Support, aslong as this only counts for future jobs, changing the models of CC's of players who already bought that model would be unfair.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

20 minutes ago, Falxen said:

+Support, aslong as this only counts for future jobs, changing the models of CC's of players who already bought that model would be unfair.

Phill's statement would make a good start, and is a compromise everyone can get behind.

3 hours ago, Kumandant said:

+Support

This is a controversial suggestion, but someone had to speak out about it eventually. Personally, I am unsatisfied with how models have been handled on the server lately. The constant confusion has led to countless moments where Gensec has mistaken Class-D for MTF, or MTF mistaking other MTF for CI, which I would imagine to be very frustrating.

I highly doubt this suggestion will go anywhere, as community response has been negative, and it would be quite the task lengthy for SMT to partake. But I do wish you the best of luck.

4 hours ago, Falxen said:

Yea, that's exactly what I'm saying. Obviously having loads of CC's change their models would be impossible and unfair, so this is moving forward starting, whenever and if this suggestion gets accepted.
CC's aside though, Normal jobs might have to since it costs them no IRL money.

Edited by Gunther

200.gif

On 5/1/2020 at 10:37 AM, Kumandant said:

+Support

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

Stop arguing or posts will be hidden and topic may be locked. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||