Rule add :Leaving To avoid RP to be a punishment - Denied

Surge

59 minutes ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

-Support

You can't force people to stay on the server for something they're not having fun doing.

LTAP is different, LTAP only applies to Administrative Punishments.

Then dont get caught doing dumb things then getting arrested for it?? Super simple or say something ahead of time 

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

1 minute ago, Kommunistic said:

Then dont get caught doing dumb things then getting arrested for it?? Super simple or say something ahead of time 

The thing is, you cant force people to stay on the server. Unless they broke the MOTD they should be allowed to leave

33 minutes ago, Skela said:

-SUPPORT

You falsely "AOS" maynard. And anyways, this is more of a player report.

Skela was far from a a false AOS on manyard, Your boy was caught by researchers an two MTF nu7 members, of him just opening the door then walking away, not even entering it, Hes a class 4 clearance member an shouldnt be doing that, I.E being deemed as suspecious an allowed to be questioned he got reported to mtf from the research team 5 mins prior froma Low command 

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

3 hours ago, Ritz said:

you arrested someone for opening a door

brilliant

-Support

2 hours ago, Jakub said:

zyyw7jh5.png

-Support, if you don't want to participate in rp and want to leave then you should be able, anyways heres what ex smt have said about disconnecting whilst restrained in the past

32 minutes ago, Gasss said:

-Support

Already a rule

Apprently not since when i made a player report ingame staff didnt do nothin besides give me the logs provided

Saw maynard literally run from the sit when staff came, continue to open the armory door when told not to and staff dragging him back and freezing him in place while he was being told it was valid.

Also the idea of 'Being forced to RP' as a defence to LTARP is a true bruh moment, as people are literally demoted for ranks for not coming on when being told to, which would count as being 'forced'.

This thread is getting dryer than my nan and grandads grave on a hot summers day.

If they leave and join back it’s LTARP, but that wasn’t the case here

One Maynard got off and and another Maynard got on. So it’s an RP reset. Is it that hard to understand? 
Also you cuffed someone for opening a door nice

-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

+Support

Rang and Igneous banned me for leaving when he cuffed me for leaving doors open behind me and forced me to be imprisoned. Overall, I ended up getting banned for it and so should this Maynard.

Its alteady aaginst the rules.

Edited by NetworkParadox

-Support

If I get warned for leaving mid-interrogation because a branches idea of "interrogation" is putting me on an island for 1 hour and then killing me I'd lose my mind.

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

+/- Support, i'd be for this to be clarified in the rules.

On the other hand, i also believe a rule should be made that if CI/MTF Capture someone that they actually should do something with them instead of just locking them in a chamber and leaving them there for an hour.

Edited by Falxen

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

16 hours ago, October said:

This is literally already a rule sir

if you leave the server and rejoin for the reason of "I just dont want to RP that" it is a punishable offence 

keyword: leave and REJOIN 

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

19 hours ago, Jakub said:

zyyw7jh5.png

-Support, if you don't want to participate in rp and want to leave then you should be able, anyways heres what ex smt have said about disconnecting whilst restrained in the past

+/- Support

People sometimes have to leave, sometimes unexpectedly; this is a fact. We can't fault them for that.

However if you have a situation where a player leaves to get out of an RP scenario and then immediately reconnects so they get to keep playing with their RP reset, then I would consider this to be a bit unfair and an abuse of this concept.

Edit: Just realized Rang clarified this above.

Edited by CanOBeanz

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Gordan said:

BUTTTTTT.... I would make it so that they have 12-20 minutes to rejoin just in case of a power outtage or some accident like that.

I mean most power outages dont last 20 more like 2 hours

Rejected from the gaminglight community

+/- Support
I believe that this would be a good implementation to have, whether it be dealt with in a staff scenario or more along the lines of a regiment specific punishment. Being as how people do have lives, myself included, I can completely understand how it can be inconvenient to need to leave in an RP scenario, although there have been instances in which people just leave to avoid the consequences. I would like to see this implemented for more RP related scenarios in the server to avoid a possible "upper hand" being given to an opposing person or force just because someone committed Alt+F4 with the intention of not participating in an RP scenario. My standing remains neutral.

Edited by MTF OM9 COL Daedran CL46

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

2 hours ago, Piggu.exe said:

My Gmod crashes too often to follow this rule

-Support

Staff can see the difference between someone having pressed the disconnect button and their game crashing, it shows up differently in the logs.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

-Support

O shot I need to go to work, but I can't leave my computer I'm in the middle of RP.
you can make the argument that people should not be run into non RP zoons to get out of RP but leaving the server no just no

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

6 hours ago, Rabbit said:

-Support

O shot I need to go to work, but I can't leave my computer I'm in the middle of RP.
you can make the argument that people should not be run into non RP zoons to get out of RP but leaving the server no just no

They aren't saying you get punished for leaving the server because you have work or something like that. They are saying you get punished if you leave then REJOIN right after. Those 2 are different things.

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

On 4/28/2020 at 4:33 PM, Rangiatea said:

if you leave the server and rejoin for the reason of "I just dont want to RP that" it is a punishable offence 

keyword: leave and REJOIN 

What rang said is perfect.

Plus it's already a rule.

big cat running GIF