No more faces/formations- Denied

(putting it here since it's community-wide)

Seriously, we need to just get rid of faces and formations (except the two firing lines and MAYBE the prisoner diamond). They're mostly useless and are almost never used in either RP or combat, and in the rare event they are, it makes no difference. I get it, faces and formations are a staple of Gmod RP.

But I do not give a shit.

They take up time that could be spent giving actual useful info. And takes up even more time for no-mic trainers like myself. Advanced firing line was useful like once and that was because we were at a pretty important choke point, and Prisoner Diamond is useful for preventing minges from running away from FearRP scenarios. That is it. That is the whole extent. There is no reason to teach this shit other than realism that isn't even necessary, nor used. 

Professional minge, PhD in shitposting. Research Manager,  Hammer Down Private. Also known as Gutsy.

They are needed and required not everybody is experienced in GMOD, if they weren't being trained half the people wouldn't know them 

EX. Ninth Sister, EX. Shock VCMDR, EX E-11 LT, EX General Grevious, EX Senate VCMDR EX Minge      Member Since October 2016                                                            Contact me on Discord @Frozty#5501 for any questions or concerns 

8 hours ago, Blitz said:

They are needed and required not everybody is experienced in GMOD, if they weren't being trained half the people wouldn't know them 

And? They are not useful. We never use them. 

I'm talking about their TOTAL elimination. In training, SOPs, ingame, everything. Because they are useless.

Professional minge, PhD in shitposting. Research Manager,  Hammer Down Private. Also known as Gutsy.

Illager, yes this is a community wide thing, but this is more of an SOP type thing. For example, CI officially doesn’t do faces, but we do formations because they’re useful. If you have an issue with it don’t post this, but rather suggest it to your branch leader. Personally I believe it’s beneficial to teach faces/formations. 

TLDR: -support

Honestly, the only formations i ever see being needed are the Firing lines, the Prisoner diamond is literaly never even used on SCPRP due to the FearRP rules.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

On 5/2/2020 at 2:26 PM, Falxen said:

Honestly, the only formations i ever see being needed are the Firing lines, the Prisoner diamond is literaly never even used on SCPRP due to the FearRP rules.

The only time I saw the other formations on SCPRP was in MTF training. Not once we used loose wedge to defeat CI or  do anything with it.

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

On 5/5/2020 at 3:58 AM, Doggo0 said:

The only time I saw the other formations on SCPRP was in MTF training. Not once we used loose wedge to defeat CI or  do anything with it.

But CI roles up with that wedge when we enter through gate A, and we use firing lines in other spots. Really this shouldn’t be a server suggestion it should be on a case by case situation. 

• 7 months later...
  • Owner

Denied

First of all, I would like to thank you for your suggestion! Our community truly runs off of suggestions and it is much appreciated. For the reasons stated above this suggestion has been denied because we do not believe that it will benefit the community or can have foreseeable related issues.