Bring Back the Green Line - Denied

Peggu with a Gun

Please make sure suggestions are pertinent and relevant! 

What you want to see? - I want to see the green line brought back to d block because upon taking it off the issues of RDM have gotten worse. You removed our green line to stop RDMs for line baiting. But in a lot of ways line baiting is still a thing just in different ways. Because the red line is so small the d class step on it or get really close to it and don't even realize and when we call them they bait sits and staff and try to get us punished for RDM when they stepped on the line. When d class get right on the line we cant warn them to back up anymore since the green line is gone. Without that warning line we've lost control and sits are still coming for RDM so all this removal of the green line has done is cause more unnecessary sits for the same thing but makes gensecs job harder. 

Why should we add it? - Because Gensecs job has gotten harder since the removal rules have been thrown out of place people are getting confused on how to work and without the warning line its harder to catch d class crossing the red line cause its so tiny. They stand right on the edge of the line to bait us into thinking their on it and we cant tell them to back up cause there's no warning line anymore just bring back the warning line. 

What are the advantages of having this? - Easier work for gensec and more balance to d block.

Who is it mainly for? - Gensec/D-block and D class

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2065834149

EDIT: I will accept the addition of a bigger red line too as that may help.

Edited by Peggu with a Gun

-Support

The green-line was useless since a D-Class can just stay on for 2 seconds and walk off, and repeat. It was extremely mingy. However, with what you said with the line being tiny, I would support a bigger red-line.

Edited by Your Local Soviet
Typo.

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

1 minute ago, Your Local Soviet said:

-Support

The green-line was useless since a D-Class can just stay on for 2 seconds and walk off, and repeat. It was extremely mingy. However, with what you said with the line being tiny, I would support a bigger red-line.

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

Another example of how the missing line is a issue is that from different angles because people can stand so close it looks like they;re on the line at different angles.

Not on the line: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2065839739
Hasnt moved but looks like hes on the line: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2065842024

5 minutes ago, Your Local Soviet said:

-Support

That is why line baiting was a thing ya know. Theres more sits now for RDM for people accidentally touching the red line then when the green line was a thing and sits were called for line baiting but i like the idea of a bigger red line ill take either or.

6 minutes ago, Your Local Soviet said:

-Support

4 minutes ago, Your Local Soviet said:

-Support

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

- Support. 

The red line isn't causing the problems that are claimed in the post. The simplicity of if you touch it or go past it you are KOS actually makes Gensec's job easier. Reinstating the greenline would mean that line bating would be a thing again. I do agree that a larger red line may be needed but that would be it.  At the end of the day, don't complicate things by entertaining the D-Class who get right up to the red line by yelling at them, wait for them to move to far and shoot them. They know what they're doing.

4 hours ago, Your Local Soviet said:

-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

5 hours ago, Your Local Soviet said:

-Support

Gensec MAJ SFTO l DHWD l S.T.A.R.S. CI R&D AINExspira Nyx XV7 l Certified Bozo

8 hours ago, Peggu with a Gun said:

You removed our green line to stop RDMs for line baiting

As a staff member whos been around before the big fat green line this is 100% true
But if their is so much hate for the green line a re-work of the Gensec SOP would be handly. 
Make it so they have to 100% cross it or something along that line (Ha i make a funny :P)
Other wise the "O i didn't technically cross the line.. RDM! RDM!" sits will come back.

-Side note lets add some yellow around that red line so it doesn't look so silly.

Edit I just realized I quoted the wrong part. You guys probly till see my point though.

Edited by Rabbit

spacer.png

You don't have to be the best, you just got to be better than dip shit over there

-Support

I didn't like counting to/from 5 when a class d stepped on the green line

The United Kingdom, made up of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, is an island nation in north-western Europe. England – birthplace of Shakespeare and The Beatles – is home to the capital, London, a globally influential centre of finance and culture. England is also site of Neolithic Stonehenge, Bath’s Roman spa and centuries-old universities at Oxford and Cambridge.

-Support 

It was pointless besides using it to minge. D-Class could just go on and off agian and a GENSEC member could just put themselves in harm's way by having to move up to count.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png