New rule with tasers - Denied

Dredgen

What you want to see? - When you have a taser pointed at you, the officer can taze you if you pull a firearm out. 

Why should we add it? - Because its ridiculous that someone can pull a gun out when an officer has a taser pointed out, and the officer can not do anything at all because it would breach Taser Rushing. 

What are the advantages of having this? - So people can't just pull at gun out to avoid being tased. 

Who is it mainly for? - PD.

Links to any content - No.

• Dislike 1

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

+/- Support 

But not to get rid of taser rush completely. Maybe just make it so you can tase someone with a weapon as long as they aren't shooting?

Sometimes it's very difficult to get someone under control when you both have weapons out, almost nothing you can do but shoot first and hope they dont have a negev.

I don't think you get it.

If you have your taser pointed at them, and they don't have a gun, then they pull out a gun.

I think you should be able to taze the person with a gun in that kind of scenario. 

• Like 1

PoliceRP: Former PD LT.

ImperialRP: Starkiller, former 8th Brother, StarFighter Vice Marshall, 501st CPT, and Admin.

MilitaryRP: Captain Price, former USAF Lieutenant Colonel.
JVS:  Former Darth Vader

How about this, implement a rule where if you are going to be tased it counts as FearRP?

Just like when being arrested/kidnapped?

Ender | Former SWAT Lieutenant | Senior Low Command | SWAT FTO | Previous PoliceRP Administrator 

COL Will 1L52 to admins: Max, you ain't going to scare them, you are on a female model and stuttering...

"So what're you doing?" - @SWAT LT Ender 22-D "Putting my clothes back on". - @SWAT SFC Nao 27-D

"There's a fine line between right and wrong. And somewhere, in the shadows, they've sent us to find it."

58 minutes ago, Dredgen said:

I don't think you get it.

If you have your taser pointed at them, and they don't have a gun, then they pull out a gun.

I think you should be able to taze the person with a gun in that kind of scenario. 

this should be how it is

+support

That bald Aussie Guy

+support irl a cop would use anything in his hands to stop the suspect 

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

4 hours ago, Jayden said:

+Support

I don't believe this should be considered taser rush.

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Jayden said:

+Support

I don't believe this should be considered taser rush.

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

-support 

Where is the logic

You shoot a tazer towards chest, the gun is there, won't do much 

If you shoot your tazer and miss, and they have a negev, you haven't considered your life then have you? IRL if someone has a gun, would you try stopping them with 2 metel wires and electricity?

'you may see my struggle, but you won't see me quit'

'Success depends on the second letter'

8 hours ago, Sion said:

-support 

Where is the logic

If you shoot your tazer and miss, and they have a negev, you haven't considered your life then have you? IRL if someone has a gun, would you try stopping them with 2 metel wires and electricity?

i'd use anything  in my hands to save my ass  in real life if you have a tazer in your hand do you think you got time to switch to   an gun?  

SWAT PVT Hannah XR39-CPL Hannah King  XC65 - Hannah King 

11 hours ago, Sion said:

-support 

Where is the logic

From what I understand, the point of the suggestion is if you are already pointing a tazer at a suspect (who is unarmed), and THEN they pull the gun out (still while you point a tazer at them), carrying through and tazing them should not count as a tazer rush. In this instance, it would be more dangerous for the officer to put away the tazer and cycle through his inventory to get his gun and risk dying all for a following that rule. I believe that either FEAR RP should apply to tazers as well and not just lethal weapons such as if you have a tazer pointed at an unarmed suspect they should not be allowed to pull out a gun or make it so that the situation listed above is not considered a tazer rush. But overall 

+MASSIVE Support 

This is very annoying at times, some people abuse the system and when they are running and relize they are about to be tazed and arrested, they pull a gun out and try to get police to kill them instead so they dont go to jail. This suggestion can fix that. 

PD Major, EMS Captain

2 hours ago, richp90xxx said:

From what I understand, the point of the suggestion is if you are already pointing a tazer at a suspect (who is unarmed), and THEN they pull the gun out (still while you point a tazer at them), carrying through and tazing them should not count as a tazer rush. In this instance, it would be more dangerous for the officer to put away the tazer and cycle through his inventory to get his gun and risk dying all for a following that rule. I believe that either FEAR RP should apply to tazers as well and not just lethal weapons such as if you have a tazer pointed at an unarmed suspect they should not be allowed to pull out a gun or make it so that the situation listed above is not considered a tazer rush. But overall 

+MASSIVE Support 

This is very annoying at times, some people abuse the system and when they are running and relize they are about to be tazed and arrested, they pull a gun out and try to get police to kill them instead so they dont go to jail. This suggestion can fix that. 

Yes + Support

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

5 hours ago, richp90xxx said:

+MASSIVE Support 

On 4/17/2020 at 6:15 PM, [GL] Elapin said:

Tasers aren't fear rp, weapons are, but when going for a cuff, they cant pull gun. They have to use a gun before to do fear rp.

16 hours ago, richp90xxx said:

+MASSIVE Support 

+ Support 

As the rule has been updated for when you are cuffing someone they cant pull a gun out when you have your cuffs out. This should be added to that rule for tasers.

Former FBI COS | PD LT | DS PFC | Former HRT Overseer | Gaminglight PRP Admin

On 4/18/2020 at 4:19 AM, Sion said:

-support 

Where is the logic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tIsoEMNjSg (video shows on how officers always try to use non lethal first)

yes IRL officers always try to use non lethal in any situation first( unless the person decides to shoot) the tazer rush rule in general isn't realistic and I think this would help bring more roleplay instead of gunfights to our server!

+support

Many of you do not know me, some of y'all do-ICON

SCU DEPUTY COMMANDER,PD CPT,EMS,DELTA SQUAD,TROOPER,FBI

Think about this way, a guy has a pistol in his waist band, he has tazers pointed at him, if he starts to reach his ass is getting tazed, in GMod, we dont have a reaching animation, therefore we can taze as long as the weapon was JUST pulled out.

On 4/18/2020 at 6:19 AM, Sion said:

IRL if someone has a gun, would you try stopping them with 2 metel wires and electricity?

Have you seen police shooting bodycam footage of where like a quarter of the time they have a taser out, then taser the person switch to there firearm & either blast them if they still have the gun, though they usually drop it.

+ Support 

I have no clue how this is "taser rushing"

• Gaminglight Love 1

[- Sector Advisor Lucifer | Head Admin of ImperialRP -]

~ Our duty as Soldiers is to protect the Empire, no matter the cost... ~

Koala + Supports this Cole, IDK if you remember me but say hi to jake croft if he still plays

• Thanks 1

EX. Ninth Sister, EX. Shock VCMDR, EX E-11 LT, EX General Grevious, EX Senate VCMDR EX Minge      Member Since October 2016                                                            Contact me on Discord @Frozty#5501 for any questions or concerns