gTerminals

Azrael

What do you want to see? -  gTerminals added

Why should we add it? -  Makes RP much more immersive, opens up the route for more passive rp other than just /me's.

What are the advantages of having this? - 
- Involves much more Immersive Roleplay
- Will help 31st Engineering to.
- Does not create any lag
- Adds more things to do for both the 31st and Navy.

Who is it mainly for? -
Navy + 31st

Links to any content - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=109810455

~ Crewman Azrael

• Like 1

-Support

-I don't see how you would be able to raise shields or check the ships fuel with this

-It looks like a old PC which does not fit the Star Wars theme

-It doesn't do much

-We would have to put these in the ship in masses (which causes lag no matter what it is)

-It wouldn't fit in consoles without having a huge hit box if it is turned invisible (the screen MIGHT turn invisible)

|Retired Fleet Admiral|Former Admin

3 minutes ago, gdrone said:

-Support

-I don't see how you would be able to raise shields or check the ships fuel with this

-It looks like a old PC which does not fit the Star Wars theme

-It doesn't do much

-We would have to put these in the ship in masses (which causes lag no matter what it is)

-It wouldn't fit in consoles without having a huge hit box if it is turned invisible (the screen MIGHT turn invisible)

A) Don't speak about it if you have no idea how the commands or RP work around it
B) There is several ways to get around that and several different models available to use, as well as many methods to make the screen only visible and not the prop.
C) It's passive RP, sorry it isn't a gun that goes pew pew wow!
D) I've been in a server with over 50 of these, it doesn't cause lag at all.
E) You can no collide it and make it go invisible, the screen doesn't go invisible.

Please do not comment on the suggestion if all of your - supports are based on pure speculation.

2 minutes ago, Azrael said:

You can no collide it and make it go invisible, the screen doesn't go invisible.

Just tested it, he's right.

+ Support Nice little idea

Edited by [GL] Ahegao
  • Like 1

[- Sector Advisor Lucifer | Head Admin of ImperialRP -]

~ Our duty as Soldiers is to protect the Empire, no matter the cost... ~

+/- Support

There are better Gmod Terminal addons out there then this one, which may be more fitting. The idea of adding some version of this is nice though, +Support to that.

• Like 1

Shock STF 2LT Katz 1496

1 minute ago, Katz said:

+/- Support

There are better Gmod Terminal addons out there then this one, which may be more fitting. The idea of adding some version of this is nice though, +Support to that.

• Like 1

| Super Admin | Senior Forums Diplomat Support Advisor |
| Chaos Insurgency Staff Sergeant | Epsilon-11 Warrant Officer | 
CC Owned: | 47th Clan | Talon | Darth Jar Jar | Banshee Squadron | Door Technicians | CI Banshee Unit

Is any of this going to cause lag though?

| Super Admin | Senior Forums Diplomat Support Advisor |
| Chaos Insurgency Staff Sergeant | Epsilon-11 Warrant Officer | 
CC Owned: | 47th Clan | Talon | Darth Jar Jar | Banshee Squadron | Door Technicians | CI Banshee Unit

36 minutes ago, Brody Ice said:

Is any of this going to cause lag though?

If we put down 50 terminals it might, but SCP servers utilize these terminals a lot, and I haven't seen any reports of them causing lag issues.

Shock STF 2LT Katz 1496

+Support

This would also help us because it does get a little boring going from ATC to Bridge and to sectors and gives Crewmen on bridge something cool and immersive to do. Also It might boost our members once people find out they can be more immersed into RP on bridge.

-Ducks

Edited by MrPickle

Former: Darth Vader

Former: Super Administrator | Forum Diplomat | Support Advisor

Not only will this mod improve naval, and give them things to do, (Mind you its been a long time since I used this mod so I could be wrong here) but would also give 31st the ability to write "scripts" that will allow them access to enemy terminals, lock down terminals, create an internal implosion from an enemies generators, and unlock rayshields. BIG +support, however 

11 hours ago, Hobbs said:

that would be the best one to use

• Like 1

Just to note, I wouldn't recommend only using that star wars terminal mod, I've used that one in conjunction with the one I'm suggesting the terminal one is pretty lackluster compared to the amount of things you can do with the one I suggested