Why do warns stay Forever.- Denied

Peggu with a Gun

Recently I've pondered the thought of why warns stay on an account forever. Mostly due to the fact i was banned for a day for reaching my 10 warns. My problem isn't with the ban my problem is with the warns. Half of my warns were from last year and the situations were too long ago to even remember. In my opinion i feel as if after a entire year or two warns should be nulled or removed depending on the warn. For example obviously if you have a warn for Mass RDM that may take longer to disintegrate then a warn for just 1 RDM. This may sound like something hard to implement but i think it is something that will  make more people happy because imagine getting 40 warns over the course of 3 years (which wouldnt be hard over 3 years) and getting permabanned. I mean yes people can follow the MOTD and not break rules but people make mistakes and over the course of years and years mistakes may happen alot.

I think having certain types of warns have a disintegration time would be a big change but could benefit good players in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

Well, often times, staff used past warns as a factor in sits. If you have a history of RDMing, I'm more likely to give you a warn instead of a verbal, and a longer jail/ban time. While I do agree very old warns like you mentioned shouldn't affect sits, they are still there as you did it, you aren't going to get rid of them. You already got 10/20/30/40 chances a year ago, why would we give you 10/20/30/40 more?

Edited by [GL] Inaccurate
  • Like 1

"Pay increase declined. Welcome to the Foundation, get used to it." -O5-6

3rd time Head of Medical Staff Ex-Director of Research and Security Ex-Director of Utility | Ex-Senior Admin for SCP-RP |  Ex-Admin for TTT 

5 minutes ago, [GL] Inaccurate said:

Well, often times, staff used past warns as a factor in sits. If you have a history of RDMing, I'm more likely to give you a warn instead of a verbal, and a longer jail/ban time. While I do agree very old warns like you mentioned shouldn't affect sits, they are still there as you did it, you aren't going to get rid of them. You already got 10/20/30/40 chances a year ago, why would we give you 10/20/30/40 more?

If you get permabanned its not like this will reverse it. And it should be up to staff depending on the warns that get removed. Maybe the whole warn system itself could get a overhaul from this. IDK im not SMT.

• Like 1

I feel like a revamp of the system could benefit the future. For example heres a lil chart.

Any Bans stay on your record forever.
NLRx1 takes 6months to disintegrate where as NLR x 3 may take 1 year to disintigrate 
RDMx1 Takes 1 year to go while RDMx3 may take 1.5 to 2 years based on SMT
Mass RDM may take 2 years to disappear
these are just examples not the end product but no matter what BANS WILL STAY ON YOUR RECORD FOREVER

• Like 1

In my opinion, warns should be permanent. Think of it as a criminal record, it can be looked at to judge a persons actions and responsibility. It factors into the idea of whether or not a person should receive a harsher punishment then last time due to the history that person has. To put it in my perspective, if a person breaks a rule they will have to reap the consequences, and if the person breaks a rule again after being warned then they should have learned what they did wrong the last time and avoid doing it again, so therefore if they get a harsher punishment there is no one to blame but themselves.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 3

SCP-RP - Former Assistant Head of Research | Former OMI-9 2LT | Former GenSec 2LT

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

On 4/15/2020 at 1:10 AM, Your Local Soviet said:

In my opinion, warns should be permanent. Think of it as a criminal record, it can be looked at to judge a persons actions and responsibility. It factors into the idea of whether or not a person should receive a harsher punishment then last time due to the history that person has. To put it in my perspective, if a person breaks a rule they will have to reap the consequences, and if the person breaks a rule again after being warned then they should have learned what they did wrong the last time and avoid doing it again, so therefore if they get a harsher punishment there is no one to blame but themselves.

9 hours ago, October said:

-support

warns are permanent for a reason. I have 12 but don’t complain about them. Also, when we type !warns we can’t see the bans you have on record, so it wouldn’t make sense to say “bans are permanent”

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

On 4/14/2020 at 3:40 PM, Your Local Soviet said:

Yeah if you mess up it shouldn't be let go, though people who I know who have reformed & improved on themselves as a RPer of the community, I'd request that there warn(s) that is did removed so they can grow properly.

[- Sector Advisor Lucifer | Head Admin of ImperialRP -]

~ Our duty as Soldiers is to protect the Empire, no matter the cost... ~

Yea no, in my opinion they can stay there indefinetly. Warns are there to alert staff that you fucked up, wether that is now or in the past. And, if  you managed to reach the 10 warn treshold (Even after maybe upwards of a year) you still managed to get those warns, and you still broke the rules. The record of your wrongdoings shouldn't be removed, however they can perhaps be counted more lightly.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

Warnings should remain permanent. They are a record of past misconduct on the various servers. Warnings do not affect players what so ever unless you accumulate a lot of them. We have staff members across the community that have gathered a decent amount of warnings, but if they're old and haven't been issued recently, they aren't considered an issue. PoliceRP was the only server that had a system where old warnings could be removed from someone's record, and that has since been shut down. 

Additionally, as October stated, it also helps staff members track patterns of misconduct for certain offenses.

For example: Player minges on SCP 066 and breaks out SCPs. They're warned for their misconduct and kicked off the job. A week later they hop on SCP 173 and exploit the SWEP, and are again warned for their misconduct. Another week later they minge on SCP 106 and are warned. Me, as a SMT member who reviews all warnings and bans issued on SCP daily, will see that this player has a pattern of misconduct on SCPs, using them to breach other SCPs or abuse SWEPs. I will take that into consideration and decide whether to blacklist the player from the SCPs he's had misconduct on to prevent further issues.

• Like 1

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

4 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

Warnings should remain permanent. They are a record of past misconduct on the various servers. Warnings do not affect players what so ever unless you accumulate a lot of them. We have staff members across the community that have gathered a decent amount of warnings, but if they're old and haven't been issued recently, they aren't considered an issue. PoliceRP was the only server that had a system where old warnings could be removed from someone's record, and that has since been shut down. 

Additionally, as October stated, it also helps staff members track patterns of misconduct for certain offenses.

For example: Player minges on SCP 066 and breaks out SCPs. They're warned for their misconduct and kicked off the job. A week later they hop on SCP 173 and exploit the SWEP, and are again warned for their misconduct. Another week later they minge on SCP 106 and are warned. Me, as a SMT member who reviews all warnings and bans issued on SCP daily, will see that this player has a pattern of misconduct on SCPs, using them to breach other SCPs or abuse SWEPs. I will take that into consideration and decide whether to blacklist the player from the SCPs he's had misconduct on to prevent further issues.

-Support

Damn, I'm always late to the party. Reasons above ^. Plus, I wear mines with pride. 

• Laughing 1

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

4 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

Agreed. Staff aren't acquainted with every single player, therefore how would they determine the actions of a play in a fair, legit way, if their were no warns? Now, don't get me wrong, impressions on staff aren't solely based on the number of warns a player has (at least for me) but it definitely helps in alot of ways.

MilRP: Spetsnaz SCOL | Retired SZ and DI Major General  || JvS: Retired Sith Council | Reserve Sentry Darth | Retired Administrator

IRP: R DT SPC DD9 | R 31st LTCOL ||  SCP-RP: R HOR & HOS | R CI MSGT

spacer.png

I mean does anything on your physical record IRL ever disappear? Like, if its a crime? No lol. 

Point being is the warns are there to let us know that you have done something really dumb in the past, and if the warn system were to be revamped, then that means the super mingey people would just disappear for a while and then come back just to do the same crazy stuff all over again. It tells us what kind of person that player is. If they are new and have 0 warnings, then no need to warn on a first time offense. If they have 3 or 4 over the course of 2 years, then the chances of them breaking rules are going to be slim and if they did, they would just swallow some pride and take the warning. 

If someone manages to get 20+ warnings between 3 months and a year, then the chances are we are going to be keeping an eye on them just to be sure that they dont continue to break the rules and even further, if they did, chances are they wouldn't be around much longer to begin with. Either way, at the end of the day the rules are in place for a reason and that reason is to keep people in check. If you dont want to follow the rules, then to put it simple. You won't be here long. 

“The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” — C. Joybell

|| Proud Member of GamingLight since March 2018 ||

|| Former MTF Alpha-1 MAJ || Former NSA Director || Former MTF E-11 CPL || Former SWAT CMDR ||

20 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

-support rookie couldnt of stated it better

Signature.png

Do the crime you get the warn, i got 15. If you evolve from your warns it doesnt matter as much.

EX. Ninth Sister, EX. Shock VCMDR, EX E-11 LT, EX General Grevious, EX Senate VCMDR EX Minge      Member Since October 2016                                                            Contact me on Discord @Frozty#5501 for any questions or concerns 

oooooooooooooooooga booooooga i go micspam and be stupid

9yrs later....

ooooooga boooooooooga i go micspam and be stupid

"pls don't warn me its my first time"

"you got warned before , your going to be warned again"

• Like 1

Ex E11 COL, Ex A1 MAJ, Ex AHOTS, Ex Security 2LT, Ex Admin. Current CI 2LT.hpvmtjxv.gif.746119ffc4a9f625fc2b45279f09c097.gif

• 6 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 5:42 AM, Phillers said:

Yea no, in my opinion they can stay there indefinetly. Warns are there to alert staff that you fucked up, wether that is now or in the past. And, if  you managed to reach the 10 warn treshold (Even after maybe upwards of a year) you still managed to get those warns, and you still broke the rules. The record of your wrongdoings shouldn't be removed, however they can perhaps be counted more lightly.

|PD Captain|UMC LVL 2|Deputy Dispatch Director|

"I love the rain"

• 4 weeks later...

So something I haven’t seen yet is the fact that there is a difference there are active warns witch I belive only last max a week I’m pretty sure I don’t know and you have general warns

active warns if you reach 10 you can be banned for

general warns you can’t it has too be 10 active warns

Warns are meant to serve a purpose as a reminder of what you have done and also allows staff to determine the severity of the punishment you will receive especially when you have previously broken the same rule. Also warns are part of the staff application which allows staff to ensure that more often that not those that are likely to break the rules are not given power to harm the server or it's players.

SCPRP Admin Sarge

On 4/14/2020 at 2:40 PM, Your Local Soviet said:

Retired Great Lake Side Police Deputy Chief of Police| Reserve PD Col | Rouge 141 operative| Harry Duke Member| Previous Senior Admin| Previous US Core VCMDR/ US Drill Instructors Commander/ US Military Police Chief/ Spetnaz Reserve 1LT.

US GFH25 Delta Force Operative Chairman Designation A259 - SCO19 Chief Superintendent